5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

66 Cuda Dan

Reaction score
Now that my truck is in the shipping area I ask the dealer what type of rebates/incentives are now in play his response was now that they have very very limited supply of vehicles it looks like Chrysler is pulling back on incentives for the consumer to buy vehicles? Has anyone else run into this for ordered trucks?

Thanks Dan

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Now that my truck is in the shipping area I ask the dealer what type of rebates/incentives are now in play his response was now that they have very very limited supply of vehicles it looks like Chrysler is pulling back on incentives for the consumer to buy vehicles? Has anyone else run into this for ordered trucks?

Thanks Dan

That's a BS kind of move. If you were locked in when ordering then they can't pull them away. There are still incentives out there that they can't just pull back because of what is going on otherwise they would of not done any incentives for the month.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ditto.

Phillip Olson at Auburn CDR in Seattle has guaranteed me the better of the $4,000 in rebates/incentives when I ordered in February, or whatever is available when I pick it up.

Silent Bob has shown a link/copy of the authorization for dealers to lock in rebates. (<-- double check that.)

If your dealer is not doing that for you...then you don't have to sign. They may have your deposit, but you don't have to agree to a sale. Let 'em keep the truck and go find a better dealer.

LeeVanCleef

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Placed an order 3/26 for a relatively uncommon build and I'm curious what my payload sticker will be.
How far along in the order/build process does the truck need to be in order to to use the Ram Trucks towing site with a VIN?

space4092

Reaction score
I ordered in Toronto area Feb 1. Am now in ‘I’ stage so built. Hopefully makes it to shipping soon. The dealership is pretty good about responding to my update inquiries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapata
Glad for you, maybe that's a glimmer of hope for my Rebel to arrive soon...... Just hope it to be before May at this point.

space4092

Reaction score
Thanks! You've just made me feel better: I ordered February 17th...and still in D status, as well.

7 weeks and no updates for mine. I guess that means you win?
I talked to the dealership today, and they have ~40 vehicles are on order and all of them seem to have delays, the FCA doesn't give them any information regarding the delays. Initially it was USA/CANADA allocation of vehicles for the 2nd quarter of the year, but now that the second quarter is here and there is still no updates has them baffled as well.

space4092

Reaction score
Hi All, I ordered my Longhorn Limited on 2/28. I use the chat feature to check the status of the build. Still waiting, but got some useful feedback today on when to ask for escalation. See the chat below:

Brandi (4/8/2021, 9:00:39 AM): Thank you, I can see your order is in the scheduling stage, once all of the required parts for your order are accounted for it will be sequenced for production! I recommend checking back in the next week or so and we would be happy to check on your order.
Me (4/8/2021, 9:02:14 AM): Thank you. It seems to have been in this stage for nearly 6 weeks. I expect you get a lot of customers like me, who are anxious to get their shiny new trucks. Is there any way to understand when it may move to the next stage?
Brandi (4/8/2021, 9:03:51 AM): I certainly understand where your coming from! It is exciting and hard to wait for a new vehicle! It is normal to stay in this stage for around 30-40 days. I recommend checking back late next week like Thursday or Friday and if it is still in this stage at that time we can look into sending a case to our tracking team for more information.

Seems like a long time to be staying in D status.

I wish RAMcares in CANADA would be able to help us, but they are utterly useless..... :(

space4092

Reaction score
Finally......
Meet Pearlie. Longhorn 10th Anniversary in Ivory White. Ordered on 1/6.
f00a9a0d7ed2ddba070d49dcc68dd919.jpg
66852c87ac891585333e08e14ce55ada.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Congrats buddy, nice looking truck. I can't wait for mine to finally getting built.

moontea

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Placed an order 3/26 for a relatively uncommon build and I'm curious what my payload sticker will be.
How far along in the order/build process does the truck need to be in order to to use the Ram Trucks towing site with a VIN?

There is another thread that people posting their yellow door sticker showing their payload. You can iterate the whole thread and find the best matched build's sticker to get a sense on how your payload will be. https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/please-post-your-tire-and-loading-sticker.374/

Simar14707

Reaction score
When did you order? Maybe this is a Canada issue that the trucks are not being built for us for whatever reason?

I ordered 2021 Ram 1500 Rebel on Jan 27, 2021. VIN&VON and in "D" status since Feb 12, 2021 and has been there ever since.

I ordered the truck in Sarnia, Ontario, Canada, and the Canadian customer support sucks. If you can the support number, they have no access or information and just call the dealership. Such a joke.

10 weeks have passed and no updates. I have been asking the dealership every week, without any new information.
I ordered on March 8th with no updates at all. My dealership told me that its a good built thats all.
Some people have ordered since Novemeber and are still waiting, looks like we will be waiting a long time here in Canada plus the chat support sucks. I am going to talk to my dealership and probably cancel the factory order and just buy something off the lot with similar spec.

66 Cuda Dan

Reaction score
That's a BS kind of move. If you were locked in when ordering then they can't pull them away. There are still incentives out there that they can't just pull back because of what is going on otherwise they would of not done any incentives for the month.
Update at the time I ordered the truck we did not lock in any of the incentives because we did not know what month it would be delivered so they told us to wait.
I'm just going to contact the sales manager that took the order to start looking into rebates and incentives ahead of time. Also I want to see if I can get that $1000 discount via email from ram? I'm going to be going with financing at 0% so we'll get that discount also. I'm trying to see how much I can get with rebates and incentives for my 1500 Laramie.

Thank you all for your support . Dan

LeeVanCleef

Reaction score
There is another thread that people posting their yellow door sticker showing their payload. You can iterate the whole thread and find the best matched build's sticker to get a sense on how your payload will be. https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/please-post-your-tire-and-loading-sticker.374/

I've been through that thread and posted. I have a pretty good idea, but I still want to know I'll be able to see the payload for this build on the Ram towing guide.

jgreene

Reaction score
Ugggh. Hope this is not the situation for all of us North of 49. Ordered March 10 and was told 8-12 weeks by my dealer. Only on week 4 and the suspense is killing me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I ordered March 8th here in SK. I was told 12-16 weeks. People who ordered at Christmas were receiving their trucks at the end of March.

I went into D status as of this past Saturday. Got my VIN as well.

ElkoNV

My dog thinks I’m cool.
Reaction score

Thanks Dan
Look for yourself, it may be zip code dependent.
Looks like $1500 or 0% depending on your credit score. I talked to my SA yesterday told them to run my credit I wanted the 0%, he did not know they extended it. I could tell by the tone in his voice he did not want me to take that, too bad.

1617905626470.png

space4092

Reaction score
I ordered on March 8th with no updates at all. My dealership told me that its a good built thats all.
Some people have ordered since Novemeber and are still waiting, looks like we will be waiting a long time here in Canada plus the chat support sucks. I am going to talk to my dealership and probably cancel the factory order and just buy something off the lot with similar spec.
I was looking into the same, but I got 0% financing on the one ordered from the factory and apparently the new rate is 3.5% if I would take one from the lot. Not willing to pay extra. There was a nice one that had caught my eye that is apparently on a lot in Toronto.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Update at the time I ordered the truck we did not lock in any of the incentives because we did not know what month it would be delivered so they told us to wait.
I'm just going to contact the sales manager that took the order to start looking into rebates and incentives ahead of time. Also I want to see if I can get that $1000 discount via email from ram? I'm going to be going with financing at 0% so we'll get that discount also. I'm trying to see how much I can get with rebates and incentives for my 1500 Laramie.

Thank you all for your support . Dan

You should of locked in when you ordered it as if the month the vehicle gets delivered the incentives/rebates were better, you get those instead. Locking in is a fall back if they take a crap.

As for the $1000 from ram you can go to ramtrucks.com and sign up for their brochure or emails. Use as many email addresses as you can.

Threeper88

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just had my VIN become available for the payload website checker this morning. My truck was built 3/30 and has been waiting on the bed liner since then.

Users who are viewing this thread