5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

LeadWolf

Reaction score
When I ordered the dealer said it was standard but from what I'm seeing is if you order the 5.7 eTorq that comes with the 23gal and need to select the 26gal. I could try and go after them on this but not sure it is worth it for me. When I did ask about it his response was "As far as the gas tank goes, the best answer we have been given on this is supplier issue. Instead of delaying production any further the swap was made to keep them coming off the line." could be a BS line but who knows.
Yes, this would be an automatic reject from me. I would tell the dealer I was rejecting the vehicle before it even gets there. You custom ordered it the way you wanted. Stand your ground unless it's not that important to you. Just remember that 10 gallon difference in tank size is an extra 170 miles down the road before you have to fill it up.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, this would be an automatic reject from me. I would tell the dealer I was rejecting the vehicle before it even gets there. You custom ordered it the way you wanted. Stand your ground unless it's not that important to you. Just remember that 10 gallon difference in tank size is an extra 170 miles down the road before you have to fill it up.

It is only 3 gallons, not 10 (23 vs 26). If it was something like that then absolutely I would not accept it. Surprisingly when I do an inventory check on ramtrucks.com of those that have the 5.7 eTorq there are not many that actually have the 26gal tank.

Chuck19

Reaction score
I had no idea there was a 23 gallon tank on these things. Thought it was 26 or 33 gallon and i think the 26 is too small let alone 23. If mine comes in with a 26 or less size tank I will be rejecting it. I agree totally with LeadWolf, if you make a custom order and wait for it to be built it better come with the exact specs that you ordered. Anything less is a no go.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had no idea there was a 23 gallon tank on these things. Thought it was 26 or 33 gallon and i think the 26 is too small let alone 23. If mine comes in with a 26 or less size tank I will be rejecting it. I agree totally with LeadWolf, if you make a custom order and wait for it to be built it better come with the exact specs that you ordered. Anything less is a no go.

Did you order your truck with a 26 tank or 33? Unless the dealer check marked the 26 upgrade on the 5.7 etorq then you would get stock 23. This is nothing new. Sure standard is 26 but when you make the engine change the optional equipment override the standard equipment, including the gas tank.

Chuck19

Reaction score
Did you order your truck with a 26 tank or 33? Unless the dealer check marked the 26 upgrade on the 5.7 etorq then you would get stock 23. This is nothing new. Sure standard is 26 but when you make the engine change the optional equipment override the standard equipment, including the gas tank.
My build sheet specifically says 33 gal tank

Chuck19

Reaction score
I emailed Aaron yesterday (Saturday) and he responded in about 10 minutes with the VIN for my order. Super fast response, still impressed even after the order is taken!

Chuck19

Reaction score

L2R512

Reaction score
The weird thing is that I can't find anywhere online where that 26-gallon tank option shows up in the build configurator. I did find that in the specs on the Ram site it says that the 23-gallon is the standard equipment though.

foolishpride

Reaction score
It appears that the Crew Cab build will default to the 26 Gallon tank, unless you buy the 33 Gallon upgrade. I think the Quad Cab build will default to the 23 Gallon tank, unless you buy the 33 Gallon upgrade. I wasn't aware of this either, I thought they all came standard with the 26 Gallon tank.

KCViper

Reaction score
Here I attached it.
You should be good with the 33 gal tank. Once you can check the website with your VIN for the build sheet, it will be under optional equipment. 7-10 after that, you can look at your window sticker that should have the 33 gal tank option printed on it as well.

Chuck19

Reaction score
You should be good with the 33 gal tank. Once you can check the website with your VIN for the build sheet, it will be under optional equipment. 7-10 after that, you can look at your window sticker that should have the 33 gal tank option printed on it as well.
What site are you referring too? the ram truck website?

KCViper

Reaction score
I have done that before and it says that there is no window sticker available. I think my build is too recent for a window sticker yet
Have you checked to see if you have a build sheet via VIN website yet?

Users who are viewing this thread