5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks @Snofire You are absolutely correct that the codes are tied to a specific person and I've confirmed with dealer they are basically not transferrable. Oh, well.....guess I'll have to be happy with my truck arrival!! 😁 I bet your's is not too far behind mine!!

Thanks. I'm hoping late next week it shows up. The dealer already asked if I planned to pick it up within 48hrs. I was more like tell me when I can and I'm there dude. The $1000 is a good bonus on to the incentives I had locked in plus getting the 0% for 72 months. Win Win!

To keep my mind off of it I spent 5hrs doing a full detail on the exterior of my '17 JGC that my will be taking over when the truck comes. Just need to finish the inside tomorrow.

enigmaaron

Reaction score
Seems shipping is going to be the longest part of the process for me, still waiting for my 12/21 ordered Laramie. Working with Aaron @Mark Dodge in Louisiana, will have to wait for it to ship back up to me in PA once he finally gets it.

- 12/21 ordered, VON given with POC order sheet
- 12/28 - VIN, Ram chat said in scheduling phase, 7-9 week build process estimate
- 01/14 - dealer said in D status
- 02/01 - Ram chat said required materials gathered , sequenced for production
- 02/08 - Ram chat said built pending installation of additional equipment
- 02/08 - build sheet
- 02/12 - dealer said it’s built and in shipping status
- 02/13 - window sticker
- 03/04 - dealer said it’s on the train in Arkansas, should arrive in a few weeks??

Chuck19

Reaction score
So I placed my order 2/23 and have seen where people receive a VIN or some type of confirmation from the dealer within a couple of days. I know that the ordering process is slow with the VID and all just wondering if I should reach out to Aaron to get an update or give it a few more days

21bighorn

Reaction score
I confirmed with the dealership that these codes are not transferrable (unless direct family member who resides in the same household with verifiable credentials). So, unfortunately, those of us who have not received an email directly, are out of luck!! 😡
At this point after 3 months and my truck isn’t even built yet, I don’t care about the 1000 I just want my truck. I’m happy guys are getting their trucks in 6 weeks to the day. I really am but I would really like to know wth is the taking so long on the rest of us that have been and will continue to wait. We are at the mercy of whatever idiot schedules the parts to be put together, in no specific order of VIN or order it seems. I think I speak for all of us when I say it’s getting more frustrating and disappointing by the day. We all want our trucks but we are all just random numbers. Thanks for listening y’all.

Chuck19

Reaction score
At this point after 3 months and my truck isn’t even built yet, I don’t care about the 1000 I just want my truck. I’m happy guys are getting their trucks in 6 weeks to the day. I really am but I would really like to know wth is the taking so long on the rest of us that have been and will continue to wait. We are at the mercy of whatever idiot schedules the parts to be put together, in no specific order of VIN or order it seems. I think I speak for all of us when I say it’s getting more frustrating and disappointing by the day. We all want our trucks but we are all just random numbers. Thanks for listening y’all.
How long did it take before you got the first confirmation about your order from when you placed the order? I am a little concerned now because your build is almost exactly like mine, minus the 3.92 gears

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How long did it take before you got the first confirmation about your order from when you placed the order? I am a little concerned now because your build is almost exactly like mine, minus the 3.92 gears

I would say contact Aaron and have him check on it. VON is right when the order gets put in, VIN should be when the factory approves the order.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks like GM is idling some plants again...https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/general-motors/2021/03/03/gm-production-shutdown-semiconductor-chip-shortage/6903746002/

ClinchMountainRam

Reaction score
Hello all,

Been following this forum for a few weeks now. Lots of good information. I currently own a 2006 1500 Quad Cab. It's been a great truck. Earlier this week (3/2) I placed on order for a 2021 Big Horn North Edition, Crew, Granite, black deluxe cloth bucket seats, 5.7 no eTorque, LED lighting, 8.4 screen, panoramic, 3.92, protection group. 9 speakers, trailer brake controller. Called dealer this morning, he said a VIN was assigned, he will be sending the information to me.

Question - how are you all checking the status of the build online (link)?

One other thing of interest - I received a $1000 offer code email yesterday. I had signed up for updates from the Ramtrucks website back in February. Also, my dealer had entered my information as a commercial contact since I have a farm. I fear that my truck will not be in before the offer expires at the end of April though.

Horty222

Reaction score
Just got my coupon for 1k, how long is the average wait for a factory order from sending your build options to dealer ready to pick up.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello all,

Been following this forum for a few weeks now. Lots of good information. I currently own a 2006 1500 Quad Cab. It's been a great truck. Earlier this week (3/2) I placed on order for a 2021 Big Horn North Edition, Crew, Granite, black deluxe cloth bucket seats, 5.7 no eTorque, LED lighting, 8.4 screen, panoramic, 3.92, protection group. 9 speakers, trailer brake controller. Called dealer this morning, he said a VIN was assigned, he will be sending the information to me.

Question - how are you all checking the status of the build online (link)?

One other thing of interest - I received a $1000 offer code email yesterday. I had signed up for updates from the Ramtrucks website back in February. Also, my dealer had entered my information as a commercial contact since I have a farm. I fear that my truck will not be in before the offer expires at the end of April though.

Welcome and Congrats on the new order. You can check status by using RamChat (link below). As for the incentive, you can get them to extend this just talk with your dealer.

RAMCHAT:

ClinchMountainRam

Reaction score

foolishpride

Reaction score
So I placed my order 2/23 and have seen where people receive a VIN or some type of confirmation from the dealer within a couple of days. I know that the ordering process is slow with the VID and all just wondering if I should reach out to Aaron to get an update or give it a few more days
Your dealer should have the VIN number for you. I ordered mine on 2/20 and I texted the Sales Manager on 2/25 and he gave me the VIN number.

Moose2020

Reaction score
It sucks, you would got your truck by now if it wasn’t for the dealer screwing your order.
I should’ve checked the print out on the original order. I was sitting with owner of the dealership one day when he was calling their rep to find out wth is going on when he noticed the dual pane sunroof wasn’t on. He says to me, I thought you wanted the moonroof, and that’s when we looked through it and found more missing options. I’d say it’s partly my fault. I don’t really need it , I just want my truck to be here now lol.

Last edited:

21bighorn

Reaction score
No one ever gave any information. I had to call my dealer after 50 days and ask for it. I didn’t know much about this process until joining this forum. The people here are awesome and have a ton of information. I didn’t want to bug my dealer cuz my wife works in corporate and didn’t want her to get flack for “me being a pest” but I’m done worrying about that and gonna make that call. I need my truck, my 95 Dakota is tired.

Str8Cracker

Reaction score
so after 50 days i got a build sheet to come up they said the truck is done & has passed inspection all in 1 day wow. when does the window sticker come up it still says vin cant be found.
I believe the window sticker populates when your selling dealer is invoiced for the truck. This normally happens within a couple days after the build sheet becomes available. In Illinois the truck is normally delivered 7-10 days after the window sticker has populated as well.

KCViper

Reaction score
I believe the window sticker populates when your selling dealer is invoiced for the truck. This normally happens within a couple days after the build sheet becomes available. In Illinois the truck is normally delivered 7-10 days after the window sticker has populated as well.
This is very close to the timeline I experienced as well. I'm in Texas.

Chuck19

Reaction score
I would say contact Aaron and have him check on it. VON is right when the order gets put in, VIN should be when the factory approves the order.
Your dealer should have the VIN number for you. I ordered mine on 2/20 and I texted the Sales Manager on 2/25 and he gave me the VIN number.
No one ever gave any information. I had to call my dealer after 50 days and ask for it. I didn’t know much about this process until joining this forum. The people here are awesome and have a ton of information. I didn’t want to bug my dealer cuz my wife works in corporate and didn’t want her to get flack for “me being a pest” but I’m done worrying about that and gonna make that call. I need my truck, my 95 Dakota is tired.
I have contacted Aaron and will see what information he has for me. I went back and looked on my paper work and did not even have an order number. Just a deal number which I think is specific to the dealership.

I also asked about having a lift installed at the dealership before taking delivery so I will see what he says about that as well.

Users who are viewing this thread