5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My VON took a month to get, but I didn’t ask before and I got my VIN 02/10/2021. My order date is 11/17/2021.

I would go to Ramchat and ask when the order got put in as they should be able to give you a date. That would tell if your dealer put it in right away for forgot to. VIN I believe is when the order gets accepted/approved from the facility.

Mate514

Reaction score
I would go to Ramchat and ask when the order got put in as they should be able to give you a date. That would tell if your dealer put it in right away for forgot to. VIN I believe is when the order gets accepted/approved from the facility.

I’m from Canada, so no Ramchat, but I got my POC with my order date correct.

L2R512

Reaction score
I factory ordered a new 2500 Limited (gas) on December 8, 2020. Was told 12-14 weeks. Did not hear anything at around 10 weeks so I called to see if even a vin was given yet. They told me no which was hard to believe. I then asked for a VON (Vehicle order number) and silence. So last night I get a call telling me "sorry" but there was an issue with my order and several delays and they are being told it wont be in until end of JUNE!!! That is 7 months! for my build. Now I am really stuck because I just bought a fifth wheel and cant even pick it up..not to mention 2 trips I have planned next month. Is anyone else hearing of factory delays on 2500 gas vehicles? I know diesel's are the popular choice but I was not willing to spend the extra $9,300 being the truck is my everyday vehicle. Dealer said they are "looking" to see if they could find one similar but gas 2500's are rare and if I go with a diesel now I have to go to a Laramie and cut out a lot of options to be in same price range. So frustrating! I really got screwed by either my dealer or Ram here!! At this point I really don't know what to do. Anyone know a cheap lawyer?..ha.. This is completely ridiculous
I'd ask him to send you the POC (Priced Order Confirmation) sheet - that should have the order date on it. Then at least you'll know if the order was placed when he told you.

KCViper

Reaction score
Getting closer...Finally got the WindowSticker this morning so hopefully that means it will ship this week. The curious one (and I asked the dealer) is the 23-gal tank. Thought the standard was 26gal?

Hey @Snofire, my fellow order waiting friend. I hate to tell you this, but I got my WindowSticker a couple of weeks ago with an ETA of 3/1-3/15....who really knows when it will arrive. Hope you do get it soon!!

Str8Cracker

Reaction score
Ordered on 1/18 and got the VIN a short time later. Waited 4 weeks and then started checking in every Thursday. Went from waiting on parts to parts gathered last week and today received this message

Thank you so much for holding. I am showing that your vehicle has been released by the plant for shipping, however a Dealer ETA has not been provided.

This is the last update we will receive till it has been delivered to your dealership.

Who knows how long it will be in this stage, however sounds promising if true. For reference it’s a Rebel 12 with the stand alone blind spot detection option.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ordered on 1/18 and got the VIN a short time later. Waited 4 weeks and then started checking in every Thursday. Went from waiting on parts to parts gathered last week and today received this message

Thank you so much for holding. I am showing that your vehicle has been released by the plant for shipping, however a Dealer ETA has not been provided.

This is the last update we will receive till it has been delivered to your dealership.

Who knows how long it will be in this stage, however sounds promising if true. For reference it’s a Rebel 12 with the stand alone blind spot detection option.

At this point talk with your dealer as when it gets to KZ and they get invoiced they should be able to get you the eta on arrival

redneck

Reaction score
so yesterday ram chat had no idea when my truck would be built now today at 1pm its built & in inspection? not sure if i believe them. still no build sheet or window sticker

HEMITKN

Reaction score

txadv

Reaction score
Update, ordered 2/1. As of today 3/5 all materials have been received, currently being scheduled for build date.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Of those out there waiting to get their trucks make sure you're going on to ramtrucks.com and signing up for their newsletter and use many email addresses as you possibly can. I just got in two different email addresses $1,000 off code to be used. I don't know if I'm able to use both but I know I can at least use one.

BooShaker

Reaction score
Of those out there waiting to get their trucks make sure you're going on to ramtrucks.com and signing up for their newsletter and use many email addresses as you possibly can. I just got in two different email addresses $1,000 off code to be used. I don't know if I'm able to use both but I know I can at least use one.
I've signed up with 3 different email addresses and have not gotten the $1,000 off code. Is it emailed to you or is it a pop-up once you sign-up?

Chuck19

Reaction score
so where on the site do you sign up for the newsletter? I cant seem to find it.

Str8Cracker

Reaction score
For sure you guys need to sign up. I signed up a couple weeks ago via 4 email addresses and today two of them got $1000 private offers. Doubtful they can be combined, but still an extra $1000 off. They say the following...

This private offer is not available to the general public and can be combined with most national incentives.

It then provides a unique code to give your dealer. Here’s the link to sign up.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've signed up with 3 different email addresses and have not gotten the $1,000 off code. Is it emailed to you or is it a pop-up once you sign-up?

It was in an email that I got sent. I removed some of the redemption code and my name. I think I signed up with 5 different emails and 2 of them just got it at the same time. I did think I this a 2 times now since I ordered.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    106.6 KB · Views: 30

L2R512

Reaction score
so where on the site do you sign up for the newsletter? I cant seem to find it.
Head to the Build and Price page, then scroll all the way to the bottom. Under the Research column of links you'll see a sign up for updates. I did it a few weeks ago and I just got the coupon today. I signed up with three separate emails and only one got the coupon. It was also a different one than I used for my factory order.

L2R512

Reaction score
Did the same - and only one address got it just today. Not sure if it's random or what.

Users who are viewing this thread