5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

PhillyPhan

Reaction score
Just contacted Ram chat this morning. Ordered on 2/11. As of today all parts have been sourced and it should be entering the build process soon. 3 weeks exactly to get parts together.

Yangster

Reaction score
Just contacted Ram chat this morning. Ordered on 2/11. As of today all parts have been sourced and it should be entering the build process soon. 3 weeks exactly to get parts together.
FYI, it seems that 3-4 weeks is the norm for sourcing all the parts. The problem for most of us has been moving to the next stage which is getting it scheduled. For some reason it seems to take another 3-4 weeks to move to the actual build stage. I've been waiting since 2/21 and ordered on 1/15. Also, Ramchat told me that the dealer can provide better information which is what everyone on here is saying. Hopefully yours can get built sooner, but not before mine...:cool:

PhillyPhan

Reaction score
FYI, it seems that 3-4 weeks is the norm for sourcing all the parts. The problem for most of us has been moving to the next stage which is getting it scheduled. For some reason it seems to take another 3-4 weeks to move to the actual build stage. I've been waiting since 2/21 and ordered on 1/15. Also, Ramchat told me that the dealer can provide better information which is what everyone on here is saying. Hopefully yours can get built sooner, but not before mine...:cool:
Well that's good to know. I'm starting to regret selling my 2500 before having this one further in the build process.

PhillyPhan

Reaction score

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Oh that's not good. 26 gallon is the standard. The 33 gallon was a must for me. I would contact them right away. No way would I accept a 23 gallon tank.
some trims have a 23 gallon tank. this was discussed in depth in another thread, i can't seem to find.

TravisJ

Reaction score
Nope, standard is not 26 gallons, at least not on the Big Horn and Laramie. Each of those trucks requires the level 2 equipment group and then you can add it as an option for free. I believe you must request it.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When I ordered the dealer said it was standard but from what I'm seeing is if you order the 5.7 eTorq that comes with the 23gal and need to select the 26gal. I could try and go after them on this but not sure it is worth it for me. When I did ask about it his response was "As far as the gas tank goes, the best answer we have been given on this is supplier issue. Instead of delaying production any further the swap was made to keep them coming off the line." could be a BS line but who knows.

PhillyPhan

Reaction score
Yeah if they told me they decided to swap my 33 gallon for a 23 gallon due to a supplier issue I would never take ownership of the vehicle. They should be required to run that by the buyer before making that decision on their own. But maybe it's not a big deal to you, so it won't matter.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
tell the dealer to buy a aftermarket tank like titan & install it

I did contact them about it and seeing about having a 26 OEM installed before picking up the vehicle.

Yeah if they told me they decided to swap my 33 gallon for a 23 gallon due to a supplier issue I would never take ownership of the vehicle. They should be required to run that by the buyer before making that decision on their own. But maybe it's not a big deal to you, so it won't matter.

If I ordered a 33 and got a 23 yes I'd absolutely wouldn't be picking it up. I'd make them order one and install it free of charge. I advised the dealer that is what he told me in an email so I'm asking him about the swap. It does suck but not sure it will prevent me from buying it as to some others they wouldn't. I get your point.

RAMTrkGN

Reaction score
Well...The status of order does change quickly and unexpectedly. Last Friday I was told that all of the parts were available but no production yet scheduled. Today the truck is being painted.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well...The status of order does change quickly and unexpectedly. Last Friday I was told that all of the parts were available but no production yet scheduled. Today the truck is being painted.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If it is like mine did check tomorrow and it might be released from Factory. Here is hoping for ya

fireman-175

Reaction score
Oh that's not good. 26 gallon is the standard. The 33 gallon was a must for me. I would contact them right away. No way would I accept a 23 gallon tank.
Yes, the 23 gallon tank is standard on the Etorque 8 cylinder and the 26 gallon is standard on the etorque 6 cyl models. If you ordered a 33 gallon, then it would not say that 23 gallon in the window sticker from the ones I looked at for you. That stinks if they don't catch that. I am guessing it is because of the battery location.

drew1873

Reaction score
I factory ordered a new 2500 Limited (gas) on December 8, 2020. Was told 12-14 weeks. Did not hear anything at around 10 weeks so I called to see if even a vin was given yet. They told me no which was hard to believe. I then asked for a VON (Vehicle order number) and silence. So last night I get a call telling me "sorry" but there was an issue with my order and several delays and they are being told it wont be in until end of JUNE!!! That is 7 months! for my build. Now I am really stuck because I just bought a fifth wheel and cant even pick it up..not to mention 2 trips I have planned next month. Is anyone else hearing of factory delays on 2500 gas vehicles? I know diesel's are the popular choice but I was not willing to spend the extra $9,300 being the truck is my everyday vehicle. Dealer said they are "looking" to see if they could find one similar but gas 2500's are rare and if I go with a diesel now I have to go to a Laramie and cut out a lot of options to be in same price range. So frustrating! I really got screwed by either my dealer or Ram here!! At this point I really don't know what to do. Anyone know a cheap lawyer?..ha.. This is completely ridiculous

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I factory ordered a new 2500 Limited (gas) on December 8, 2020. Was told 12-14 weeks. Did not hear anything at around 10 weeks so I called to see if even a vin was given yet. They told me no which was hard to believe. I then asked for a VON (Vehicle order number) and silence. So last night I get a call telling me "sorry" but there was an issue with my order and several delays and they are being told it wont be in until end of JUNE!!! That is 7 months! for my build. Now I am really stuck because I just bought a fifth wheel and cant even pick it up..not to mention 2 trips I have planned next month. Is anyone else hearing of factory delays on 2500 gas vehicles? I know diesel's are the popular choice but I was not willing to spend the extra $9,300 being the truck is my everyday vehicle. Dealer said they are "looking" to see if they could find one similar but gas 2500's are rare and if I go with a diesel now I have to go to a Laramie and cut out a lot of options to be in same price range. So frustrating! I really got screwed by either my dealer or Ram here!! At this point I really don't know what to do. Anyone know a cheap lawyer?..ha.. This is completely ridiculous

I would say if you got silence from the dealer on the VON then they didn't put in the order. Getting a VON is almost right away when order submitted. That really sucks to hear...

Gonzo2231

Reaction score
I placed my order with the dealership and gave my deposit on January 11th. When I checked in on Jan 25th the dealer told me he didn’t have the VON or VIN. I found out this week that he only actually placed the order on the 25th after I called asking for an update. Hopefully the same didn’t happen to you but some of these sales people don’t seem too bright.

Mate514

Reaction score

Ask for your POC, you will see the order date in the system. At least you will know if your dealer is lying.

Mate514

Reaction score
I’m 15/16 week in the order process and last week my dealer told me my truck was in production. Today I asked to see my updated POC : Status D...... I just wait for my truck and I will never do business with them again. You can’t lie to your customer.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m 15/16 week in the order process and last week my dealer told me my truck was in production. Today I asked to see my updated POC : Status D...... I just wait for my truck and I will never do business with them again. You can’t lie to your customer.

Did you have a VON/VIN right away or how long did it take?

Users who are viewing this thread