5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

tjsadler

Reaction score
I hope not also. I ordered a 2021 Big Horn, Built to Serve, EcoDiesel. I ordered on 8/22 and confirmed I was D1 on 9/3.

BTW @tom318, stole your signature, sorry.
I’m ordering a Longhorn ecodiesel. Several dealers said the diesel is on a “restriction” and they can’t place order until 10/1. Not sure what that indicates.

Rambunktious

Reaction score
One last update on my 10th Anniversary Longhorn. I forgot to mention that the passenger side automatic step has a sensor issue that causes the step to not come down all the time, or it will get stuck in the down position sometimes. Dealership told me about the problem before I even went out to look at the truck and they had already ordered the part so I am taking the truck back this coming Saturday to get that fixed. Two other issues: the 10th Anniversary is supposed to have chrome bodyside molding and the bright pedal kit, and my truck has neither. I sent my salesperson a screenshot of the 10th Anniversary package so she can check into adding the bodyside molding and bright pedal kit. I'm guessing that when I ordered the truck, Ram was still figuring out what would be included in that package and my build sheet was never updated with the bodyside molding or bright pedal kit because they were added to the package after I submitted my order. I can live without the bodyside molding but the pedal kit should be an easy fix. I'll let you know what the dealership says. That's it! No other issues, so far. :)

jic534

Reaction score
I’m ordering a Longhorn ecodiesel. Several dealers said the diesel is on a “restriction” and they can’t place order until 10/1. Not sure what that indicates.
Did they elaborate any on 'restricted'? Since the engines are shipped from Italy, they were hit pretty hard with Covid earlier this year. Production schedules may not be sorted out yet or different logistical issue....maybe.

tjsadler

Reaction score
Did they elaborate any on 'restricted'? Since the engines are shipped from Italy, they were hit pretty hard with Covid earlier this year. Production schedules may not be sorted out yet or different logistical issue....maybe.
Not really. I talked to the salesman on the phone today to finalize the order. He said the "restriction" means they can't order any more ecodiesels until the next "allotment" which would be the first week of October. Basically, he's processing the order on his side now and FCA won't "accept" it until October. Not too long but everyday will feel long until the truck gets here!
Interestingly it wouldn't allow him to process the order with the 10th Anniversary package with the Black/New Saddle interior. It would default to the all Mountain Brown interior even though the website configurator says they're both available. The only reason I cared about the package was that it claims to upgrade to full leather seats instead of "leather trimmed". But all the brochures and such claim that ALL the longhorn seating is full leather so who knows?

potatohawk

Reaction score
Ok, Finally got one of the last 2020's. Drove to the dealer Saturday am and 20 minutes after I arrived I was driving away. ?Thanks covid? good luck to everyone getting their 2021's soon!

dmax4me

Reaction score
How long did you guys wait for your build sheet to be updated, from the date you ordered?

tom318

Reaction score
How long did you guys wait for your build sheet to be updated, from the date you ordered?
My equipment list took ~7 weeks to show up online. Window sticker came up ~8.5weeks from order.
Order: 7/23
Equipment List: 9/8
Window Sticker: 9/18 (this was strange, originally showed a build date of 9/17, then the window sticker went away and came back with a 9/19 date)
Still no truck or ETA.

Rambunktious

Reaction score
My equipment list took ~7 weeks to show up online. Window sticker came up ~8.5weeks from order.
Order: 7/23
Equipment List: 9/8
Window Sticker: 9/18 (this was strange, originally showed a build date of 9/17, then the window sticker went away and came back with a 9/19 date)
Still no truck or ETA.
Pretty much the same for me. Ordered 7/13; equipment list came active 9/3; window sticker was active on 9/9; picked up truck 9/19. :) If your build date is 9/19, you should start looking for your truck to be delivered 10-14 days from that date, I'd think. Probably end of Sep/first week of October, depending on how far it has to ship. I live in Missouri so probably a little faster than someone on the East or West coast.

TAL2GK

Reaction score
So frustrated over here. I ordered my truck 7/22 and got a VIN two days later. Through regular check-ins with Ram chat, I learned my truck was finally built on 9/7! Great news.

Then it was moved to storage waiting final inspection. And that's where I still am. I was initially told that the max time in storage was 14 days, but here we are at 16 days in storage. Checked in with Ram chat yesterday and no real news. The dealership reached out and left me a message saying it should be ready within 3-6 more weeks!? Should I be concerned that something is wrong with the truck?

tom318

Reaction score
I feel the same way. Now I'm constantly checking the Cassens trucking website to see if it shipped since it looks like that's how my dealer gets all its cars. Just waiting for my VIN to show up there!

Wch_chip

Reaction score
I ordered mine on 4 September and had a VIN on 6 September. It's been in D status ever since. I think this a better indication of wait times as those of you that ordered in July were still waiting for 2021 production to begin. I'm told that it can spend up to 30 days in D status. I'm not really in a hurry but progress would still be nice.

MrB

Reaction score
So frustrated over here. I ordered my truck 7/22 and got a VIN two days later. Through regular check-ins with Ram chat, I learned my truck was finally built on 9/7! Great news.

Then it was moved to storage waiting final inspection. And that's where I still am. I was initially told that the max time in storage was 14 days, but here we are at 16 days in storage. Checked in with Ram chat yesterday and no real news. The dealership reached out and left me a message saying it should be ready within 3-6 more weeks!? Should I be concerned that something is wrong with the truck?
Patience is the name of the game. I ordered on 6/30, building started on 8/31, JS on 9/04, KZ on 9/11, unloaded at its final train destination 9/23 in Hapeville, GA (Atlanta). So it's currently a 45 minute drive from my dealership, but wouldn't be surprised if it takes several more days.

1Zach1

Reaction score
Just got an update "Vehicle has been built and is pending installation of additional equipment. This is a necessary step when additional features or optional equipment packages are added to the vehicle."

Not sure what status that is but I'm happy it's moved into a the build status.
Just checked and my build sheet is also available.

Wch_chip

Reaction score
Just got an update "Vehicle has been built and is pending installation of additional equipment. This is a necessary step when additional features or optional equipment packages are added to the vehicle."

Not sure what status that is but I'm happy it's moved into a the build status.
Just checked and my build sheet is also available.
It means it's an the upfitter. I'm not sure which options the factory doesn't install though.

2shea

Reaction score
Has anyone that ordered a Laramie had theirs built yet?
Ordered 8/14 and still no build sheet or any info from RamCares chat.

I feel like I should at least see things showing up at this point based on timing I've seen from others on this post! The wait is killing me!

Maybe some of the options I chose are making it take longer?

Anyone that ordered around the same time as me seen anything show up for theirs yet?

cdn_cowboy

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone else has experienced this yet but Chrysler told my dealer today they have decided not to honour the 2020 price protection promise they made to everyone that got switched to a 2021... evidently they feel the bad PR is worth making a bit more money. Pathetic.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread