5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If a truck arrives locally that matches your build and it checks out - I'd jump on it. With my F150 build, there wasn't one in the nation that met my specs!

Earlier this week I found one 200 miles away that met my specs, but my truck had just hit E status. Had I found this other one last week, I may have bought it.

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That's a little bit where I start second guessing myself. Like if I pulled the trigger on a truck that was on the lot, and then the following week I see on the forums that ramboxes are flying off the line, I'll probably end up kicking myself a little lol. Cant wait to see your truck man

ryelinek

Reaction score
If a truck arrives locally that matches your build and it checks out - I'd jump on it. With my F150 build, there wasn't one in the nation that met my specs!

Earlier this week I found one 200 miles away that met my specs, but my truck had just hit E status. Had I found this other one last week, I may have bought it.

Yea it’s very close. Same everything expect for I’d lose the 33 gallon tank and gain the soft bed cover, trailer break control, and those stupid Kentucky Derby decals. Since I’m gaining more than I’d lose it’s about 800 more off the bat and honestly I’d just rather have my fuel tank haha. Then I’d probably lose about another 1000 to a worse deal.

Honestly though at this point I’m close to just eating the near 2k and seeing what happens. I have a Cadillac dealer going to get back to me on my 2015 ATS Coupe trade. If they come back at a number I like I may force a deal to work on this truck and end my wait.

YardSale

Reaction score
I've found that it's always best to wait and get EXACTLY what you want on a vehicle. Anything less is just "settling."

Loaded RAM 1500 Limited w/5.7l Etorque Hemi

Ordered 5/14
D status with VIN assigned 5/23 (as reported by dealer)
Dealer reports still in D status 5/31

Dealer told me on the 23d he expected my truck on the lot in about 6 weeks. I think he's being optimistic. He also stated he had just gone through the updated training on the new 1500 and I was right to wait on the eTorque. "Bad to the bone....." was his comment.

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I've found that it's always best to wait and get EXACTLY what you want on a vehicle. Anything less is just "settling."

Loaded RAM 1500 Limited w/5.7l Etorque Hemi

Ordered 5/14
D status with VIN assigned 5/23 (as reported by dealer)
Dealer reports still in D status 5/31

Dealer told me on the 23d he expected my truck on the lot in about 6 weeks. I think he's being optimistic. He also stated he had just gone through the updated training on the new 1500 and I was right to wait on the eTorque. "Bad to the bone....." was his comment.

So your dealer is expecting your truck on the lot in 5 weeks? even 8 weeks from now would be welcomed news. Hope he's right!

BostonBlueRam

Reaction score
No since even if I sell it to Carmax I still need something to drive. If I get the dealer to buy it and get me in a demo then I have fixed that situation. My wife has a Cadillac SRX but she needs it at all times since we just had our first baby so not having two cars isn’t an option for us.

I can rent a car but around here it’s like 850 a month for a small POS from an enterprise or something which in the end is just as bad as my trade losing value. So we will see what happens.

Congrats on the first baby! Definitely get a seat protector for the child seat (helps with eventual vomit ) ! :D

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
FINALLY!!!!

2019 Limited with E-Torque and RamBox Ivory

Order Date 05/07/18
VIN# 05/09/18
D1 Status 06/01/18
Ram Chat said I went to D1 today! Forward progress :):):)

Congrats! My guess is you'll be built by the end of June if all goes well!

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Someone’s truck is built

Firecadet613 (2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 - Red)
Date ordered: N/A
Current Status: KZ
D1 status date: 05/02/2018
Estimated delivery: TBD
Built pending inspection: 05/31/18 07:07:00 PM
Production Status KZ Received 06/01/18 12:47:00 AM
Ingate / Rebay at Facility 06/01/18 12:54:00 AM STERLING HEIGHTS, MI PLANT

RAM 4times

Reaction score
Congrats that is awesome.

I just had my “daily” customer service chat. Been in D1 25 days now. I was just told I can’t escalate this until “45” days past my actual order date and not my 30 day D1 mark. I have no idea what’s going on with them as I’ve never been told that before.

It’s getting old and I am about ready to try to pull the trigger on a local truck on a worse deal than my order. Getting anything from RAM on a status is near impossible it seems like.
wait for your truck that you ordered! you'll be glad you did.

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Congrats that is awesome.

I just had my “daily” customer service chat. Been in D1 25 days now. I was just told I can’t escalate this until “45” days past my actual order date and not my 30 day D1 mark. I have no idea what’s going on with them as I’ve never been told that before.

It’s getting old and I am about ready to try to pull the trigger on a local truck on a worse deal than my order. Getting anything from RAM on a status is near impossible it seems like.

Hang in there! This was my 25 day mark in D Status as well. I was kind of surprised when she told me I was in D1. I actually asked her three different times and saved the chat page LOL I might even call a second time today to get another confirmation!

Hopefully you will get good news soon

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hang in there! This was my 25 day mark in D Status as well. I was kind of surprised when she told me I was in D1. I actually asked her three different times and saved the chat page LOL I might even call a second time today to get another confirmation!

Congrats. I'm at Day 29 in D status....Non E-torque but Ram boxes.

BTW, I got the "you can escalate 45 days after the order is placed and after 30 days in this stage" message today from the online chat person.

Flot

Reaction score
My Laramie Sport made it off the train and now is sitting at a lot 20 miles away from the dealer for 8 days. Can't win. LOL

Incidentally, has anyone actually seen a Laramie sport? I haven't spotted one in any of the online ads and combed through a thousand or so the other day. I must have one of the first - body color bumpers and chrome wheels are the tell.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That's OK a dealer up here in ON, Canada is offering 2 Rebels and the pictures are clearly Longhorns.:D Not gonna buy from them they clearly don't know the difference.

cjgerson

Reaction score

So this is my 30th Day of D status. Hit up RAM customer care for the first time in 2-3 weeks. I was told i was still in D status, but the agent is going to escalate the case for me. I should be hearing something in 1-2 days via email

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My Laramie Sport made it off the train and now is sitting at a lot 20 miles away from the dealer for 8 days. Can't win. LOL

Incidentally, has anyone actually seen a Laramie sport? I haven't spotted one in any of the online ads and combed through a thousand or so the other day. I must have one of the first - body color bumpers and chrome wheels are the tell.

I've noticed it hasn't moved from the railyard yet. Gotta be frustrating!

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I didn't update at Jeepgarage on the 12 noon update. Hopefully it will update me on the next refresh.

Has Ram Chat been updating faster than the MOTS?

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just called Ram via the phone number(instead of chat) to double confirm (I couldn't help myself LOL):p

I was Confirmed D1 status and got an "Estimated" ship date of 06/14

Now they are getting my hopes up!!!

Users who are viewing this thread