5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

rsonedecker

Reaction score
Great - awesome comprehensive list of codes.

So am I correct in assuming that I will need to periodically log into Ramchat and chat with them to get the updates? Or will they send periodic updates to me via email or something or dealer?
You have to initiate the chat with Ram Chat.

Trfnj74

Reaction score
I posted the same question on the codes list thread. I got that yesterday. I think it means "first rail to second rail(or truck) transfer" (right before KZ T) because the rep said he saw that my truck has been taken off rail and was waiting to be loaded on the truck for delivery to dealer. He said "we see this when they are transferring your truck and it's in the waiting stage before departing". I searched the other FCA forms and found some people saying the same thing on a Jeep forum.

Thanks, I hope that's the case! I did find one thing on one of the Jeep forums stating that the S is for storage, meaning it's sitting in a lot waiting to be put on a train etc..

rsonedecker

Reaction score
Thanks, I hope that's the case! I did find one thing on one of the Jeep forums stating that the S is for storage, meaning it's sitting in a lot waiting to be put on a train etc..
Its not though. I think someone thought "S" was for storage. It's just the letter before "T". Mine was in KZ S yesterday, and being delivered today!

Trfnj74

Reaction score
Its not though. I think someone thought "S" was for storage. It's just the letter before "T". Mine was in KZ S yesterday, and being delivered today!

That's what the representative thought seeing that KZT was next etc but she wasn't sure.... Congrats!

SP97

Reaction score
I ordered mine from a dealer just north of Baltimore the same day 1-18. Mine was built on 2-15 so it will be probably on the same train.

Maybe. The train would come into the Jessup, MD Depot. I hope those wheels are turning.

dn325ci

Reaction score
I guess I'm a little surprised that my build sheet and window sticker showed up online today.
2/8/19 10:08AM EST Order entered at dealer
2/14/19 D1
2/18/19 D1
2/25/19 Window sticker + Build sheet showed up.

Edit: Just checked with Ramchat and they say it's code KZ. It was ordered Friday Feb 8th. So it was 16 days from order to completed build. That seems pretty fast.

Last edited:

Truckin

Reaction score
Does anyone know what KZS status is? I don't see it on the status code thread... Hopefully it's not a bad thing as Ram Customer Service didn't know what it meant either.

Mine went to KZS status today as well...However the dealer told me it's estimated arrival date has been pushed from March 5th to April 8th...GRRR

Trfnj74

Reaction score
Mine went to KZS status today as well...However the dealer told me it's estimated arrival date has been pushed from March 5th to April 8th...GRRR

Also where are you looking located.. I'm in Massachusetts.. I wonder if the weather has anything to do with the delay.. Mine was supposed to be in tomorrow but as of last Thursday they said March 3 due to weather.. Ram didn't know anything about that when I asked.

Truckin

Reaction score
Also where are you looking located.. I'm in Massachusetts.. I wonder if the weather has anything to do with the delay.. Mine was supposed to be in tomorrow but as of last Thursday they said March 3 due to weather.. Ram didn't know anything about that when I asked.

I live in Arizona.

mharringer

Reaction score
While I am thrilled with the thought of getting the perfect truck, this whole process is a bit of a stressor. Now I'm kinda wishin' I had just bought off the lot!

memopad

Reaction score
How did you guys get your VIN?

I ordered my truck a month ago and have asked my sales guy several times if a VIN has been issued yet, and he keeps telling me to wait and be patient, cross my fingers hopefully sometime this week...

Maybe they put it in as a dealer order instead of a sold order and that's made it very delayed?

SP97

Reaction score
How did you guys get your VIN?

I ordered my truck a month ago and have asked my sales guy several times if a VIN has been issued yet, and he keeps telling me to wait and be patient, cross my fingers hopefully sometime this week...

Maybe they put it in as a dealer order instead of a sold order and that's made it very delayed?

Go to the chat page that some have been making various comments about in this thread. There should be a link in this thread. If not it is on the Ram site under the " community"and "FAQ". If you have your VON it might be helpful but they should be able to track down your order and get you your VIN and let you know the status of your build. Once you get to KZ it seems the chat is ... less reliable.

memopad

Reaction score
Okay that was easy. RAM chat was able to look up my dealer and find my order even though I had no VON or VIN. Looks like the truck is already built and is just awaiting shipment!

Kravin

Reaction score
I guess I'm a little surprised that my build sheet and window sticker showed up online today.
2/8/19 10:08AM EST Order entered at dealer
2/14/19 D1
2/18/19 D1
2/25/19 Window sticker + Build sheet showed up.

Edit: Just checked with Ramchat and they say it's code KZ. It was ordered Friday Feb 8th. So it was 16 days from order to completed build. That seems pretty fast.
What was your build? I ordered on 2/9 and still in D1.

Creep0321

Reaction score
Delivered to dealer today! (Possibly with the wrong wheels) Awaiting my return to the states so I can pick it up April 2....

dn325ci

Reaction score
What was your build? I ordered on 2/9 and still in D1.
5.7L Hemi
Granite Crystal Metallic
Sport Appearance Package
Laramie Level 2 Equipment Group
Advanced Safety Group
33 Gallon Fuel Tank
Rear Wheelhouse Liners
Power Running Boards
Panoramic Sunroof
Anti-Spin Rear Differential
3.92 Axle Ratio
Trailer Brake Control

Trfnj74

Reaction score
So I go another update today since my truck was due in today. The dealership is now saying a week to 10 days... I did ask where it was in it journey, as of today it's in Walbridge OH Rail Arrival. So the KZS status is the in between waiting before moving again on a the train. it's only 2 states away!

Users who are viewing this thread