5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

cjgerson

Reaction score
BZ23 said:
well guys I just got some great news. Maybe it's because I live 30 minutes from the Sterling Heights plant where the Rams are being built but my truck is now KZ shipping status. My dealer expects to receive it within the week. I place my order May 1st. This may be record timing for this forum. I will note that I did not order etorque torque nor rambox nor off-road package. As soon as it arrives I will post photos and details of the truck. I did customize wheels and rims that will be added by the dealer upon arrival.
That's awesome man!

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
BZ23 said:
well guys I just got some great news. Maybe it's because I live 30 minutes from the Sterling Heights plant where the Rams are being built but my truck is now KZ shipping status. My dealer expects to receive it within the week. I place my order May 1st. This may be record timing for this forum. I will note that I did not order etorque torque nor rambox nor off-road package. As soon as it arrives I will post photos and details of the truck. I did customize wheels and rims that will be added by the dealer upon arrival.
Awesome! What's your vin? KN???xxx

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm beginning to think RAM assigns VINs as soon as they confirm parts availability but they aren't built until your dealer has allocation.

ryelinek

Reaction score
firecadet613 said:
I'm beginning to think RAM assigns VINs as soon as they confirm parts availability but they aren't built until your dealer has allocation.
What would dealer allocation have to do with it? It’s a sold order so I assume it will hit the factory as soon as the factory is ready for it or it becomes your turn.

Do you think if your dealer has an overstock of trucks already you have to wait for those to sell before they build more to be shipped?

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
ryelinek said:
What would dealer allocation have to do with it? It’s a sold order so I assume it will hit the factory as soon as the factory is ready for it or it becomes your turn.

Do you think if your dealer has an overstock of trucks already you have to wait for those to sell before they build more to be shipped?
Most of my knowledge is from past experience ordering F150s. With Ford, it doesn't matter if it's a sold order or not - all "special orders" are sold orders. But, if the dealer doesn't have allocation - the order won't get pulled. Once the dealer has allocation it will pull the orders in sequence 1, 2, 3, etc based on the priority code the dealer assigned to it.

Here's a good explanation of that process - https://www.f150forum.com/f118/answered-how-does-ford-determine-when-my-truck-built-292380/

I'd assume RAM does something similar but maybe not - maybe all sold orders are pulled as soon as they are entered into the system?

BZ23

Reaction score
firecadet613 said:
Dang. That's got to be the highest built VIN yet.
I bet it's because I didn't order the etorque (starting to regret it) but otherwise the truck is completely loaded.

BZ23

Reaction score
I have an uncle who works at the sterling heights plant. He says he has no way to push it through, however I'm doubting it. He had to have pulled strings. This photo is from his Co-worker who was tracking for him. My truck was built Saturday night when he was off shift. If he was there he was going to have me come in to the plant to see it being built. I'm so bummed I missed out on that opportunity. Check this out, I'm sure you will find this interesting.

Attachments

• 14347.jpeg
    14347.jpeg
    620.8 KB · Views: 54

Kramersp

Reaction score
BZ23 said:
I have an uncle who works at the sterling heights plant. He says he has no way to push it through, however I'm doubting it. He had to have pulled strings. This photo is from his Co-worker who was tracking for him. My truck was built Saturday night when he was off shift. If he was there he was going to have me come in to the plant to see it being built. I'm so bummed I missed out on that opportunity. Check this out, I'm sure you will find this interesting.
So does your uncle have any insight as to e torque engine production?

ryelinek

Reaction score
BZ23 said:
Thats crazy. He had to have done something or you just got beyond lucky. I ordered on 4/28 and am still in D1 currently. Plus my truck has everything I wanted and everything I added was available since the start including the paint color. No etorque, Rambox, etc etc.

If you want to hook a brother up I can give you my VIN to send to your uncle haha.

SoCal Truck

Reaction score
BZ23 said:
What does this mean that you customized Wheels and Rims that will be added at Dealer? Different than what is on RAM Build? How did this work in regards to cost and any rebate or credit for current Rims/Wheels.

BZ23

Reaction score
My dealer has a relationship with discount tire. They are purchasing the tires and rims and putting them on the truck, with a recalibration for the speedometer. They are giving me a credit for the 22s that come with my package. The credit doesn't cover the entire cost but helps. It's all going to be one invoice for me. Which is what I needed.

BZ23

Reaction score
Honestly, if you ask your dealer to do this they should oblige. It's not hard for them to do. I'm guessing bobbybigwheel knows about it.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Quad Cab (KN567***)

4/8 Order & VON #
4/13 D Status & VIN # - Scheduled
4/27 D1 Status - All parts Available
5/17 E Status - Frame
5/18 G Status - Trim
5/19 I Status - Unit Built, Pending Final Inspection
5/21 JB Status - Shipped to Body Vendor

5/21 I was just told now on the online chat that my vehicle is no longer in JB Status and is in another "inspection" status but they are not allowed to release the status codes anymore. What is this garbage?!?!?

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just notified that Jeepgarage.org is not accepting any new order tracking requests due to being overwhelmed by the number of new requests. They will continue tracking all who were previously being tracked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online