5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One option you wish you had

Hahny

Reaction score
What’s everyone’s 1 option they wish they would have ordered or waited out for? Mine is Rambox! I ordered early and took delivery in May, when it wasn’t available

Attachments

• 01A0112F-B4E5-4ABE-A684-26A36F14BA2C.jpeg
    01A0112F-B4E5-4ABE-A684-26A36F14BA2C.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 184

cjmst23

Reaction score
Sometimes I wish I went REBEL (just looks cool as hell), but limited suits my transportation needs best. No regrets.

Hahny

Reaction score
Sometimes I wish I went REBEL (just looks cool as hell), but limited suits my transportation needs best. No regrets.
I thought about a rebel also but I know I would have lifted it more and still did different wheels and tires on top of the added price to go Rebel!

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not a huge deal but the ORG. I originally did order it the first time but being a tow mirror victim I ordered a second truck and the ORG was restricted at that time and I did not want to wait for it to become available again. My second order however did come with surround view and I went ahead and got the pano roof and E-torque on this one which I did not originally. Overall I would say it worked in my favor, being a tow mirror victim allowed me to basically give up the ORG for surround view, a pano roof, and E-torque. I got the protection group anyway so I guess it was a blessing in disguise!

19Jake

Reaction score
Wish I had a REBEL 12 in my garage...hope it's worth the wait.
Decided not to opt for 360 cam
5ee76714262f4dceb12c0300e62a523b.jpg

Last edited:

Lettika

Reaction score
360 Camera, I ordered the tow package and killed out the 360 camera that came with the level 2 equipment group. Once I figured this out it hurt pretty bad. $2000 to get the camera then paid $400 more to have it taken off the truck. The camera function looks pretty sweet.

MSchnLoneStar19

Reaction score
Granite Crystal was my first choice, and what I have on order... however, I really liked the Rugged Brown and wish it was available along with the Mountain Brown Interior.

louz

Reaction score
Also being a tow mirror victim (class action law suit anyone?) ..... the electric fold mirrors with camera on my limited.
class action for sure … also victim

sent a email to fca about it and asked for a retro swap to power/folding. They said cant be done and closed my case :)))

Jaysond

Reaction score
I bought mine off the lot. Dealer gave it to me to take home over night; I drove it to work the next day, & by the end of the day I decided it wasn't going back. It was 99% what I wanted, with no wait for a special order.

If I could add any factory option I wanted, and wouldn't have had to wait a couple months or more for a special order, I would have added:

33 gallon fuel tank (they all should have this at no extra charge; if there's room, put it in every truck, can't cost them anything to do)
3.92 gears (major tow capacity increase, didn't do my research well enough, but I can get by as is)
Rear wheelhouse liners (should be standard on all of them, why is this optional anyway?)

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I bought mine off the lot. Dealer gave it to me to take home over night; I drove it to work the next day, & by the end of the day I decided it wasn't going back. It was 99% what I wanted, with no wait for a special order.

If I could add any factory option I wanted, and wouldn't have had to wait a couple months or more for a special order, I would have added:

33 gallon fuel tank (they all should have this at no extra charge; if there's room, put it in every truck, can't cost them anything to do)
3.92 gears (major tow capacity increase, didn't do my research well enough, but I can get by as is)
Rear wheelhouse liners (should be standard on all of them, why is this optional anyway?)

I like your thinking on the 33gal - that's why I bought it. BUT, auto manufacturers will always have a smaller tank standard as long as the EPA exists. MPG testing is done with a full tank and that extra weight detracts from MPG. Simple as that.
Plus there are folks who are keeping an eye on GVW and a full, larger tank takes away from payload.

Lettika

Reaction score
class action for sure … also victim

sent a email to fca about it and asked for a retro swap to power/folding. They said cant be done and closed my case :)))

Same thing happened to me. When I found out it did not have the cameras, (after two confirmation emails from my sales guy that said it was ordered properly) I had the discussion that I wanted the right mirrors put on the truck and they insisted it couldn't be done. I wanted to know the cost to do it and told them it could be stripped down to a frame and be done, cost would be ridiculous but NOT to say that it couldn't be done. They took $1000 off of the price and I got quiet but this thread has woken the feelings of "DAMMIT" back up. I ordered this baby with EVERYTHING that I wanted... spared no expense and no cameras. There was a thread somewhere else where some guys were playing with the idea of aftermarket cameras on the tow mirrors. I lost track of how far they got.

Users who are viewing this thread