5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ok how many here have 0 problems with eco D

Doctor D

Reaction score
OK ! I bet you are correct ! I always solder wires , never use but connectors

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
OK ! I bet you are correct ! I always solder wires , never use but connectors
They weren't even butt connectors, they were these monstrocities:

1687805679051.png

I have seen nothing but problems with these. I will be rewiring my 2022 8.5 x 24 Enclosed Cargo Trailer because they used these in it.
I will be also adding reverse lights and more LED Marker Lights, along with some interior LED Strips.

Malodave

Doctor D

Reaction score
yes ! i dont like those exposed to water and dirt and salt . not a good combo

70runner

Reaction score
2021 with 15K, one surprisingly pleasant visit to dealer for DEP recall.

Papi4baby

Reaction score
My 22 with 17k has been good.

My older one that I no longer own (17) had the EGR I think crap out at around 25k.

wiskyram

Reaction score
73,000 trouble free miles. Lifetime mpg average per fuelly is 27.2. I'll take that over my old truck any day.

Rebelguy2020

Ram Guru
Reaction score
2020 Rebel diesel with 80,000km, and 20,000km of it was towing a small 14 1/2 foot travel trailer, zero engine or transmission issues, a few recall repairs and a few minor warranty repairs, I started using Power Service and now Hot Shot fuel additives at around 60,000km hoping to prolong the fuel pumps life.

Chris3058

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well. I jinxed myself. Went out to the truck today after work and BOOM. MIL / check engine light and a flashing glow plug / wait to start indicator. Don’t have a code so not sure WTF the issue is. Seems laggy. Down on power. Got some vehicle health alert telling me to bring to dealer asap.Luckily I bought the extended 7yr/160k bumper to bumper. Figures.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well. I jinxed myself. Went out to the truck today after work and BOOM. MIL / check engine light and a flashing glow plug / wait to start indicator. Don’t have a code so not sure WTF the issue is. Seems laggy. Down on power. Got some vehicle health alert telling me to bring to dealer asap.Luckily I bought the extended 7yr/160k bumper to bumper. Figures.
I’m throwing in a guess of dirty map sensor.

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Could also be an incomplete or interrupted reboot sequence after an unannounced OTA update. I've never had one single issue with this truck until I had three weird things happen a few weeks ago (1) After shutdown an igniter of some sort (a foot or two forward of the rear axle) clicked on & off every 3 seconds for 2.5 minutes after shutdown, (2) dash message said service air suspension system, (3) no backup camera. I unhooked the battery for 2 hrs, hooked it back up and drove the truck at highway speeds for 60 miles, turned off the truck at home and let it sit for two hours (with battery hooked up) and upon next start, all three issues gone. So I believe my truck had received an OTA that I didn't know about, and it needed a reboot or two and then time to settle itself down again.
BTW, my issues were definitely NOT low battery voltage. I keep it on a Noco Genius battery tender whenever I park it for more than a couple of days, and the dash showed 12.7 VDC battery voltage.

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, I know, throwing multiple codes, and especially if yours is running in "limp home mode" makes it seem catastrophic. But with these fully-computerized vehicles, with multiple individual computers trying to talk to each other, and the slow nature of automotive computer updates, sometimes they just need a few restarts, normal use cycles, and time, to get themselves fully updated and squared away again.
Of course I don't know if that's the issue with your truck at this time, but it is the way of modern vehicles, and just like sometimes our Windows computers need multiple restarts during updating, our vehicles today need some of the same considerations. Depending on the vehicle, they literally can take 1-2 hours to perform some updates, and if they get interrupted during an update, it can take them even longer to recover.
At any rate, I wish you the best of luck in getting your EcoDiesel back to normal.

Chris3058

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Went out this am. Idling like crap - feels like it’s - missing - if you know what I mean. MIL still on….wish I had a code reader. Meh.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Map sensor? Is that part of EGR system? Where is it and is it cleanable? Cheers
I should say again that it’s a guess since the map sensor design is different than the 2nd gen. However, the intake and map sensor still fill with soot over time on the 3rd gen. If you’re mechanically inclined, it would be pretty simple to pull it and look- just be prepared to replace an o-ring if it tears while removing the map sensor. I usually use CRC QD electronics cleaner on map sensors, but you could google for alternatives. Here’s a view of the sensor location- 2020-2023 Mopar Map Sensor 68490034AA | Mopar Estores

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Oh yeah. No issue digging around. Just have no idea where it is lol. Anyone with a pic / location
Did you look at the link I provided?

Users who are viewing this thread