5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ok how many here have 0 problems with eco D

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
almost everything is not compatible because they never had the truck to test it … but most stuff fits just have to do slight modifications… like the bumper you just addjust the mounting locations 1 inch and 3/4 higher and it will match body lines … as for the cooler. you have like 3- 4 inchs of space

AV8OR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Zero issues here.

It drives like a gasser even with the 3.21 rear end and looking back on it I still would still go with the 3.21 rear end.

It drives like a gasoline engine with no delay when I punch the throttle.

I’m not going to win any drag races but at my age who cares.

If I’m running errands and it’s a quick hop into the store for milk or picking up dry cleaning, etc I almost never turn it off and just endure the three horn honks to avoid the start / stop cycle.

Once back at home I let it idle at least a minute to cool down the turbo before shutting it down.

AH64guy

Reaction score
My two cents - owned a 2014 Outdoorsman - bought at 40K traded at 95K, was having DEF and exhaust manifold issues that were about to escape the end of the extended warranty with no probable expectation that they wouldn't be back. Drove the truck to about 55K as the second owner. Had strong indications that the DEF systems was about to need a full replacement. Dealer basically said any further repairs would out of pocket.

2020 BigHorn - just traded it today with 94K on it. Replaced one set of tires, did the alignment twice (once at the tire change, and again when a tire was destroyed under road hazard), and the 8K-10K oil changes to get to today. Original brakes, very few rattles, just couldn't kill this one.

Bad Notch

Reaction score
My 2021 Ecodiesel Limited 4x4 has 75k miles on it. Has not had one issue but I do plan to get rid of it before the 100k powertrain warranty runs out.

Users who are viewing this thread