5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ok how many here have 0 problems with eco D

Doctor D

Reaction score
Just like to see how many here have had zero issues ? Seems like we all get to hear about bad so how many good ?

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No issues with the engine or transmission in my prior 2020 or current 2022 ecodiesel.

My 2020 had a failed DEF level sensor, required a DEF tank replacement. Long wait with the dreaded countdown.

My 2022 had a nox sensor fail, was also a long wait due to parts shortages until I contacted customer care and the sensor arrived in only a couple of days.

Both trucks have had issues with the Uconnect systems, newer version seems to be better but not perfect.

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No issues with my 2020 EcoDiesel. 25-27 MPG (hand calculated), usually hauling only air.

cdsons

Reaction score
No mechanical issues with my 2020. I did have the rear window leak that I fixed with Permatex, but other than that it has been great.

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Zero issues, 103,000km and counting..
GDE tuned at 100k

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’m at 30k miles and no issues. The hpfp issues in general scare me to death though. And uConnect5 is the buggiest infotainment system I’ve ever used- it just reinforces how vehicles are now a disposable commodity (like laptops, for example).

Last edited:

Hofkamp

Reaction score
Just like to see how many here have had zero issues ? Seems like we all get to hear about bad so how many good ?
I have had Zero problems with my ECO D. I have 48500 miles on my 2021 of which I have pulled a trailer 30,000 miles. As you can see in my pic it is not a big trailer but is 9.6 feet tall and does grab wind. I get 12 MPG pulling the trailer and get 30mpg + without.

I love it!!!!

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have had Zero problems with my ECO D. I have 48500 miles on my 2021 of which I have pulled a trailer 30,000 miles. As you can see in my pic it is not a big trailer but is 9.6 feet tall and does grab wind. I get 12 MPG pulling the trailer and get 30mpg + without.

I love it!!!!
That's great to hear. Which rear-end ratio does your truck have? 3.21 or 3.92?

MXZGUY

Reaction score
Headed towards the 10,000 mile mark and zero issues. 3.21 rear with the GDE in from 3000 miles. Just checked mileage yesterday and this fill up was at 28.44 hand calculated also.

BayouBengal

Reaction score
2022 with 19k miles. No issues, love the truck. Had a ’17 Ecodiesel with 80k miles I liked so much I traded in for this one. Only work on the ‘17 was the EGR cooler recall.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No Problems with the Engine. Dealt/Dealing with Recalls on other parts of the Truck.
HPFP is waiting on parts. 2021 Laramie w/ 52K miles.

Right now I have a problem with the Blind Spot monitoring. I replaced that Taillight
when a woman backed into me and crunched it. I believe the problem is that the
LEER factory used those weird IDC crimps to wire the Lights. I need to remove them
and solder the wires. The errors seem to be worse when it is wet out.

Malodave

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
could be you need to flash ecm for new tailight
The original Blind Spot Sensor is in there. The only thing changed is the LED housing of the Tail Light.
After two years, I believe those Crimps are starting to corrode which is causing the CANBUS Errors.

Malodave

Users who are viewing this thread