5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

*OFFICIAL Rough Country 3.5 // ReadyLift 3.5 thread.

Choate

Reaction score
On a Rebel which already has 1" lift over the standard RAM suspension, will I only net 2.5" of lift out of this kit or will I actually get 3.5" over stock Rebel suspension?
I’m not 100% on this but likely 2.5” net. It replaces the entire front spring and strut. Good news for you is if it’s 1” taller in the rear already and you’re using a rear spacer you’re already 1” higher in the rear bc you’ll use the factory springs. Be sure to post a pic once you do this. I’d like to see what your truck looks like after

MurphBigHorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Chatted with two different people at RC. Nobody can tell me what is in the kit that makes it $200 more than parting out the individual components. They just assure me that it's "cheaper if i get the kit".

Both guys closed out the chat when I pressed the question. Seems shady to me. I'm going to get the individual components but with the $200 difference it makes me wonder what's in the kit that I'm missing.

Maybe I should go with ReadyLift, Maybe I just need to let it go :p
I bought my ready lift kit on Amazon for 600. cheaper then anywhere else. But also bought 5100's for up front.

MurphBigHorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On a Rebel which already has 1" lift over the standard RAM suspension, will I only net 2.5" of lift out of this kit or will I actually get 3.5" over stock Rebel suspension?
Someone correct me if I'm wrong. But basically you are lifting it 3.5inch, which would be like me lifting mine 4.5 inches. Anything over 3.5 will be creating some bad angles. That why all the 4inch kits have all the extra components. There kits say not to be used with org. But if you buy the kit that comes with new strut and spring. Then yes. You are really only getting 2.5 inch of lift. So just bought buy the kit where you reuse your spring.

Dsugolf

Reaction score
4831bbbd9ccca232536afc1271e6006d.jpg

I have the RL 3.5” kit. Running 35x11.5R22 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Everything fits great and has the stance and look I was after. Problem is the wheel hub/knuckle makes contact with the Lower Control Arm. And by contact I mean that it has cut into the metal in full turn aka trying to park. Had the shop call Readift and they said they knew about this issue and we should just grind down the points of contact. The other issue is that with 35’s it seems to be exceeding the maximum span of the OE parts. Because there is a very noticeable negative camber. I am working with another custom shop now to see how to correct this. Is anyone else having this issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What ended up being the best solution for this issue? I am picking up my 2022 Laramie night edition on Monday morning. I was going to go with a RC 3.5” level kit with struts. I have Kenda Klever RT 35/12.5r22 tires on order. I am guessing I will have the same problem as you and I need to go a different route. Can I do 2.5” level instead or is a 4” BDS my only option?

Albino3006

Reaction score
So I bought a 19 Bighorn that had the RL 3.5" Kit already on it (with the UCA's) and to me it rides pretty freaking rough. There is also a "clunk" sound coming from the rear that sounds like the spacer for the rear spring is loose somehow? My question is, can I just add some Bilstein 5100's up front at 2" and keep the 1.5" top hat spacer and get an improved ride up front? Also on the rear, who all makes springs that would work with this kit so that I could eliminate the metal spacer?

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Been a minute since last updating mine within this thread. Figured I should do so.

ReadyLIFT 3.5” SST
Yokohama Geolandar G003 MT
315/70/18 (35.6”x12.4”)
Black Rhino Rapid Wheels
18”x9.5” -18mm offset

Attachments

• IMG_9498.jpeg
    IMG_9498.jpeg
    113.5 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_9388.jpeg
    IMG_9388.jpeg
    146.2 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_9392.jpeg
    IMG_9392.jpeg
    130 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_9366.jpeg
    IMG_9366.jpeg
    131 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_9568.jpeg
    IMG_9568.jpeg
    204.4 KB · Views: 135

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I bought a 19 Bighorn that had the RL 3.5" Kit already on it (with the UCA's) and to me it rides pretty freaking rough. There is also a "clunk" sound coming from the rear that sounds like the spacer for the rear spring is loose somehow? My question is, can I just add some Bilstein 5100's up front at 2" and keep the 1.5" top hat spacer and get an improved ride up front? Also on the rear, who all makes springs that would work with this kit so that I could eliminate the metal spacer?
I see no one has replied to you. No you cannot do the Bilstein's and the top hat. It would destroy your front end. You can set the Bilsteins to about 2.8 inches and have a much nicer ride that the RL kit. Keep the UCA's on. Carli, Icon, and Eibach all make 1.5 inch longer springs and you could get rid of the spacers.

FuriousFuria

Reaction score
What did you end up doing? I’m trying to figure out all the math for my Rebel right now. I’m looking at just getting the RC 3.5” loaded struts and UCA and that is it. Right now with the factory 1” lift my front end is 2” lower than the rear. So putting in the RC struts would net me 2.5” and make the front end about .5” higher than the rear (and hopefully after some settling pretty level).

Am I missing something? I feel like if I add any spacer to the rear the rake would come right back

But then looking at the RC 2" loaded struts there are a lot of reviews stating these levelled people's Rebels. Picture here: 2 inch Lifted 2019 Ram 1500 4WD

I am thoroughly confused! Haha

Last edited:

MurphBigHorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I have Bilstein up front on setting 5 with my top hat spacer netting 3.5inch lift up front. The rear I have the spacers and stock springs. Truck rides little more rough then stock but really not to bad. When you hear the clunk when do you hear it?

FuriousFuria

Reaction score
What did you end up doing? I’m trying to figure out all the math for my Rebel right now. I’m looking at just getting the RC 3.5” loaded struts and UCA and that is it. Right now with the factory 1” lift my front end is 2” lower than the rear. So putting in the RC struts would net me 2.5” and make the front end about .5” higher than the rear (and hopefully after some settling pretty level).

Am I missing something? I feel like if I add any spacer to the rear the rake would come right back

But then looking at the RC 2" loaded struts there are a lot of reviews stating these levelled people's Rebels. Picture here: 2 inch Lifted 2019 Ram 1500 4WD

I am thoroughly confused! Haha
To follow up on my previous post, I went with 2” RC loaded struts and for the Rebel it was enough to make the truck pretty level

jlinsenbardt

Reaction score
To follow up on my previous post, I went with 2” RC loaded struts and for the Rebel it was enough to make the truck pretty level
Sorry man, I've been off the forum for a bit. I haven't had time to do anything yet plus all the math had me thoroughly confused. What parts list did you end up going with? Was it just the RC loaded struts? Do you have pics before and after? Would love to get a lift but I'm stuck with stock rubber until it's time to replace (then bigger). Will most likely stay with the stock wheels.

FuriousFuria

Reaction score
Sorry man, I've been off the forum for a bit. I haven't had time to do anything yet plus all the math had me thoroughly confused. What parts list did you end up going with? Was it just the RC loaded struts? Do you have pics before and after? Would love to get a lift but I'm stuck with stock rubber until it's time to replace (then bigger). Will most likely stay with the stock wheels.
2” loaded struts and replaced UCAs IMG_0187.jpeg

Tattoofever6971

Reaction score
Mines the lifted one 3.5 rough country with 35 12.50 18 Lon the stock wheels both 2020
Second pic one on. Right is lowered 2”
Mine has some heavy duty springs in it now so lost my level them stock ones can’t handle weight

Attachments

• IMG_7042.jpeg
    IMG_7042.jpeg
    270.5 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_5278.jpeg
    IMG_5278.jpeg
    295.7 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_8276.jpeg
    IMG_8276.jpeg
    165.1 KB · Views: 77

Another Money Pit

Reaction score
2” loaded struts and replaced UCAs View attachment 167653
Which strut and what uca? I'm going down from a 3.5" to a "2 level lift and have been shopping around trying to find what I want. I was going to go el-cheapo and just get the 2" block for the front to see how I liked it and if I had rubs anywhere, then eventually upgrade to the bilsteins and new control arms for peace of mind but don't want to be breaking the bank for the whole thing, again.🤪 20220312_124621.jpg
Slightly older pick of it before I plasti-dipped the whole front grill red (will be shading it down now though because way to much red) and a headache rack with a customized light bar installed on it.

Nicknamed "RAMbo Edition" or
"Umbrella Edition" (RESIDENT EVIL FAN)
Not sure which one I like better yet.

Attachments

• 20220312_124742.jpg
    20220312_124742.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 59
  • 20220312_124655.jpg
    20220312_124655.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 59

FuriousFuria

Reaction score
Which strut and what uca? I'm going down from a 3.5" to a "2 level lift and have been shopping around trying to find what I want. I was going to go el-cheapo and just get the 2" block for the front to see how I liked it and if I had rubs anywhere, then eventually upgrade to the bilsteins and new control arms for peace of mind but don't want to be breaking the bank for the whole thing, again.🤪 View attachment 168353
Slightly older pick of it before I plasti-dipped the whole front grill red (will be shading it down now though because way to much red) and a headache rack with a customized light bar installed on it.

Nicknamed "RAMbo Edition" or
"Umbrella Edition" (RESIDENT EVIL FAN)
Not sure which one I like better yet.
rough country for both

Fernandezi665

Reaction score
readylift 3.5 " with nitto trail grapplers 35x11.50 with 20" fuel titan wheels 20x10 with -18 mm offset. The tires did scrub at full lock but i heated the plastic wheel liners up and pushed them away from the tires and they dont scrub. Im overall happy with the looks and the quality of the lift.
If you still have this truck would you mind measuring the floor to fender heights front and back. This truck looks amazing

xclrate

Reaction score
3.5" Rough Country lifted struts and spacers for the rear. TRX wheels with 325/65-18's. I also have 1.5" spacers installed to clear the uca. Had to do minor trimming of the wheel liner in the back 1000001029.jpg

Attachments

• 20240316_115813.jpg
    20240316_115813.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 15

Lusso22

Reaction score
RC 3.5” M1 Struts w/UCA. Running 33x12.50 on the stock 20” wheels for now, dealership already had those installed along with a 2” puck lift. So 35’s soon.
6a4ae1f6d00151d8139efd3ce943f613.jpg

5e2ec0d91416f3ca5f6bedea36670b2c.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread