5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official G/T Ram Thread

BobbyLeeSniper

Reaction score
I dont have the wireless charger in mine, but I dont really care about that option. Ive always had the cord for charging. With that said, it looks like I picked up my truck at the right time. I have the heated rear seats and the remote tailgate.

wills446

Reaction score
My whole point is that you should be able to just put your phone on the pad in the truck and have things happen. That would be convenient. That would be a 'nice feature' on a $70K+ truck. Wireless CarPlay/Android is a neat feature, except for one thing: It sucks a phone battery dry, quick. A wireless charging pad would fix that. As it stands for my truck, I have wireless CarPlay, but no wireless charger. So, I have to plug my phone in with a cable if I'm driving for more than 30 minutes and don't want my phone battery to die. That negates the whole point of the wireless CarPlay feature in my opinion. I might as well just plug it in when I get into the truck. Giving the feature of wireless CarPlay without that feature of a wireless charger defeats the purpose of wireless CarPlay. So dumb and pointless.

ram_tech305

Reaction score
I just received my 22 ram G/T night edition. I ordered it with every available option. 82k when ordered. What I got was an email 2 months later stating that I had to agree on some changes to the build in order to receive the truck. And they weren't specific. What I Got was a truck missing the split tailgate, wireless charging pad and power sidesteps. And the price drop to 78k. While I like the price drop, it wasn't what I ordered. When I dug deeper on the missing items, I found that the supply demand on parts is extremely low. And they are saving the G/T wireless charging pads for TRX owners only. And split tail gates and power side steps for limited trucks at the moment. Also, all stock orders will now not come with 12 inch screens for now. Only 8 inch screens with uconnect 5 installed. What a bummer.

Attachments

• 20220713_183649.jpg
    20220713_183649.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 45

BobbyLeeSniper

Reaction score
I just received my 22 ram G/T night edition. I ordered it with every available option. 82k when ordered. What I got was an email 2 months later stating that I had to agree on some changes to the build in order to receive the truck. And they weren't specific. What I Got was a truck missing the split tailgate, wireless charging pad and power sidesteps. And the price drop to 78k. While I like the price drop, it wasn't what I ordered. When I dug deeper on the missing items, I found that the supply demand on parts is extremely low. And they are saving the G/T wireless charging pads for TRX owners only. And split tail gates and power side steps for limited trucks at the moment. Also, all stock orders will now not come with 12 inch screens for now. Only 8 inch screens with uconnect 5 installed. What a bummer.

Its been that way for a while. they have been changing options on a few of the packages.
Not sure why they are changing the split tailgate, but what I do know is that split tailgate requires a diff bed/box design, so maybe that plays a part in it.

Gunner115

Reaction score
It's been a while but figured I'd update with the wireless charger issues. Went back and forth with the dealer and ended up having them order the wireless charger parts for me.
Tore everything apart and found that it didn't work with the shifter console. Removed the phone pad / holder from my original one and the new bezel and swapped it into mine. Wasn't super complicated but had some figuring out to do since they're held on via plastic welds/rivets/whatever you want to call them.
Looks factory and you would never know it didn't come like that.

jives

Reaction score
It's been a while but figured I'd update with the wireless charger issues. Went back and forth with the dealer and ended up having them order the wireless charger parts for me.
Tore everything apart and found that it didn't work with the shifter console. Removed the phone pad / holder from my original one and the new bezel and swapped it into mine. Wasn't super complicated but had some figuring out to do since they're held on via plastic welds/rivets/whatever you want to call them.
Looks factory and you would never know it didn't come like that.
Pics?

Gunner115

Reaction score
Had to get creative with the screws for the phone "hooks". I used 3/8" screws (smallest I could find) which were too long and pierced the front side, so spaced them back using a bunch of washers. Still has a good bite and you'd never know.
Also my original pad was butchered by the dealer when they said they'd install a wireless charger for me. Little did I know it was outsourced and the shop put an aftermarket one in cutting the pad up pretty bad.

Attachments

• PXL_20220911_144536724.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220911_144536724.MP.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 82
  • PXL_20220908_185212725.MP~2.jpg
    PXL_20220908_185212725.MP~2.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 81

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wow what a quality job lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

uncc_99xj

Reaction score
Just brought this home this weekend. 2022 Laramie GT Level 2 with 4-corner air, pano roof and MFT. Only 1600 miles on it when I bought it.

Goes in this week to have the factory PPF peeled off and replaced with xpel PPF over the entire front end, as well as tint on the front two windows.

Ram.jpg

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just brought this home this weekend. 2022 Laramie GT Level 2 with 4-corner air, pano roof and MFT. Only 1600 miles on it when I bought it.

Goes in this week to have the factory PPF peeled off and replaced with xpel PPF over the entire front end, as well as tint on the front two windows.

View attachment 158778
If there is PPF on the front end, it wasn't from the factory.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Never knew that was an option. It's still installed after it leaves assembly line at an office site location before shipping.
Yup. Just like the step bars, spray in bedliner, tonneau covers, body stickers……

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

View attachment 158778
Congrats!

Bigdumps

Reaction score
Hey reviving this old thread.
Any fellow Canadians know where to get replacement air filters for the ram air intake? I tried searching the internet but cant find anything.

Users who are viewing this thread