5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official G/T Ram Thread

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Now that you mentioned it, I've had this happened to me a few times...but only when I go from park to drive. And after driving I realize I'm in manual. Hasn't happened too often but enough to raise the question. I may contact Edge on that.
Precisely my experience. Nothing like winding out first gear for no apparent reason :LOL:. I just haven't made the time to call those guys

mhb1638

Reaction score
Precisely my experience. Nothing like winding out first gear for no apparent reason :LOL:. I just haven't made the time to call those guys
So I called them and they said this is new to them. He asked for my SN of the unit and they may send me a update cable out if needed. So you may want to call them and tell them your issues as well. Might get a cable out of it

HemiDude

Reaction score
So I called them and they said this is new to them. He asked for my SN of the unit and they may send me a update cable out if needed. So you may want to call them and tell them your issues as well. Might get a cable out of it
I definitely need to find a time to call them. I already purchased the update cable a few weeks ago and updated it, but I may need to do it again if they have a more recent update. If nothing else I'm glad you are on their radar

Bigdumps

Reaction score
Does anyone else's GT exhaust "backfire" at times. I swear I've heard mine do it at least once a day when slowing down

HemiDude

Reaction score
Are you sure it's not just the MDS gurgle?

Dewey

Reaction score
Does anyone else's GT exhaust "backfire" at times. I swear I've heard mine do it at least once a day when slowing down
On another thread somebody mentioned that was due to stop/start.

Bigdumps

Reaction score
I can't be certain, it doesn't do it when rolling for a stopm more like gas peddle 70% in 1st or 2nd then left off and it happens. I can never replicate it intentionally

mhb1638

Reaction score
I can't be certain, it doesn't do it when rolling for a stopm more like gas peddle 70% in 1st or 2nd then left off and it happens. I can never replicate it intentionally
Mine does it too. Not all the time, just sometimes.

mhb1638

Reaction score
I definitely need to find a time to call them. I already purchased the update cable a few weeks ago and updated it, but I may need to do it again if they have a more recent update. If nothing else I'm glad you are on their radar
So, spoke to Edge again today. My truck has gotten progressively worse with going into manual mode. They said its very possible I have a bad unit and sending me another one. Said if this doesn't fix it, then they will open a case to investigate using the pulsar unit I send back to them. So, thats my update. My unit was a April 22 build so no update was needed or required.

HemiDude

Reaction score
So, spoke to Edge again today. My truck has gotten progressively worse with going into manual mode. They said its very possible I have a bad unit and sending me another one. Said if this doesn't fix it, then they will open a case to investigate using the pulsar unit I send back to them. So, thats my update. My unit was a April 22 build so no update was needed or required.
I would be surprised if a new unit fixes your issue, since you were experiencing the same thing that I did and my Pulsar is an older unit. I really do believe they need to do more testing with the GT. At this point, I'll probably just put my Pulsar up for sale

mhb1638

Reaction score
I would be surprised if a new unit fixes your issue, since you were experiencing the same thing that I did and my Pulsar is an older unit. I really do believe they need to do more testing with the GT. At this point, I'll probably just put my Pulsar up for sale
I'm thinking the same....but I need it for the tire recalibration. no one but RC makes one for the 22 models and that unit requires pulling half the dash apart.

HemiDude

Reaction score
I'm thinking the same....but I need it for the tire recalibration. no one but RC makes one for the 22 models and that unit requires pulling half the dash apart.
What about the Tazer? That was what I used to recalibrate my tire size on my last truck

mhb1638

Reaction score
What about the Tazer? That was what I used to recalibrate my tire size on my last truck
FYI, no fix with different unit. Infact my truck went in limp mode this morning. Called Edge, and they havent heard anything like this on a truck. I said it must be GT specific. Either way I'm sending it back.

HemiDude

Reaction score
FYI, no fix with different unit. Infact my truck went in limp mode this morning. Called Edge, and they havent heard anything like this on a truck. I said it must be GT specific. Either way I'm sending it back.
That's a bummer. I really liked my Pulsar on the last truck, wish Edge would have done their homework before assuming it would work with the GT. At least they tried to work with you on it.

Gunner115

Reaction score
Question for any of the G/T owners out there; do you have a wireless charging pad? Thought they came with the level II package and mine is missing.

Jidster

Reaction score
Mine did not, I noticed it had the Level B package instead of the Level II

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread