5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official G/T Ram Thread

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I
Question for any of the G/T owners out there; do you have a wireless charging pad? Thought they came with the level II package and mine is missing.
i do not have one. With the random options that do or do not show up on new builds these days, seems like a real crapshoot. It's the reason I bought mine from dealer stock instead of ordering, I feel like I got everything that was important to me without the chance of a "surprise" upon delivery.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
It's not on there. But when I ordered it was on the list for included equipment for the level II package, and is still listed now. Not sure what to make of it.

Ask your dealer. Maybe it was removed because of the supply chain crap, but it's possible that it was accidentally deleted.

wills446

Reaction score
I've had a 2022 Laramie GT night edition for a couple of months now. Mine also does not have the wireless charging pad, and I also think that it should have it. I noticed that on the website, the "Level II" package says that it includes the wireless charging pad. On my window sticker, it says that I have the "Level B" package. Not sure what the hijinx is between calling the packages "Level II" on the website and "Level B" on the window sticker. I guess it is so they can omit the charging pad? I feel kinda ripped off. Like I paid for something that I didn't get.

Attachments

• IMG_3235.jpeg
    IMG_3235.jpeg
    241.6 KB · Views: 48

BobbyLeeSniper

Reaction score
I've had a 2022 Laramie GT night edition for a couple of months now. Mine also does not have the wireless charging pad, and I also think that it should have it. I noticed that on the website, the "Level II" package says that it includes the wireless charging pad. On my window sticker, it says that I have the "Level B" package. Not sure what the hijinx is between calling the packages "Level II" on the website and "Level B" on the window sticker. I guess it is so they can omit the charging pad? I feel kinda ripped off. Like I paid for something that I didn't get.

You need to check to see if you have sales code RFX. If you dont, your vehicle was not built to have it.

Bavet

Reaction score
This is how I came to own my Laramie GT. I originally ordered a well equipped Big Horn, but they did not build it the way I ordered it, so I took a GT they had on the lot. Kinda felt ripped off that they didn't build it the way I ordered it. And yes, Level B usually means they omitted something that is usually on a Level 2 build. I know on Big Horns and Rebels that Level B omitted power folding mirrors that are normally included on Level 2.

wills446

Reaction score
This is how I came to own my Laramie GT. I originally ordered a well equipped Big Horn, but they did not build it the way I ordered it, so I took a GT they had on the lot. Kinda felt ripped off that they didn't build it the way I ordered it. And yes, Level B usually means they omitted something that is usually on a Level 2 build. I know on Big Horns and Rebels that Level B omitted power folding mirrors that are normally included on Level 2.
Thank you for the reply - makes sense on "II" vs. "B". I don't like it and I think it is shifty as hell, but it makes sense. Funny enough, I also bought my Laramie GT off the lot. Went in to order a truck but they told me they had customers that placed orders over 6 months ago and still did not have a build date.

Bavet

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply - makes sense on "II" vs. "B". I don't like it and I think it is shifty as hell, but it makes sense. Funny enough, I also bought my Laramie GT off the lot. Went in to order a truck but they told me they had customers that placed orders over 6 months ago and still did not have a build date.
Yep. I was at 5 months without a build date. I only got a build date after I agreed to take the truck the way they could build it instead of the way I ordered it. I felt I had to agree under duress. Luckily my dealer got the GT shortly after and I made the switch. I'm still a little pissed about that whole process since I knew they were building other trucks with the options that they said they couldn't build on mine.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
The changes from Level 2 to Level B happens because of supply chain constraints. Just before I ordered my truck on April 26th, 2021, Ram switched to the Level B package which eliminated Blind Spot and Cross Path detection. It's unfortunate, but they have to determine which options get the axe in order to keep the assembly lines running and p!ss off the least number of customers.

wills446

Reaction score
Yep. I was at 5 months without a build date. I only got a build date after I agreed to take the truck the way they could build it instead of the way I ordered it. I felt I had to agree under duress. Luckily my dealer got the GT shortly after and I made the switch. I'm still a little pissed about that whole process since I knew they were building other trucks with the options that they said they couldn't build on mine.
oh, wow - I would be pissed, too if I was you. At least you ended up with a good truck package. I was not planning to order the GT package, but now that I have it I am very glad that I do.

wills446

Reaction score
The changes from Level 2 to Level B happens because of supply chain constraints. Just before I ordered my truck on April 26th, 2021, Ram switched to the Level B package which eliminated Blind Spot and Cross Path detection. It's unfortunate, but they have to determine which options get the axe in order to keep the assembly lines running and p!ss off the least number of customers.
I hear you, but it doesn't make me feel any better. Also, not sure I agree because anyone that actually gets a truck still has to deal with Uconnect 5, which seems to be pissing every new owner off, myself included. This truck cost more than my wife's Mercedes and the Benz software is better at literally everything.

HemiDude

Reaction score
This is precisely one reason why I took the dealer-stock GT. I wanted some of the tech, but did not want Blind Spot or Cross Path (amongst others) and didn't want to pay for them just to get the tech I wanted. The Level B fit my needs perfectly, so I jumped on it.

Bigdumps

Reaction score
I also don't have heated rear seats, remote tailgate release, wireless charging, or Blindspot/cross path detection

Gunner115

Reaction score
Same here for the heated rear seats. Kind of a let down for all the money the truck cost.

Users who are viewing this thread