5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official G/T Ram Thread

Cda3488

Reaction score
why would it be? the intake and exhaust? I doubt there will be any negligible difference
Well should be a little increase in HP, isn’t that the reason for the GT package??

Bigdumps

Reaction score
2022 Ram 1500 GT Sport Night Edition
Mopar lift
285/55/22 Toyo at3s
Tow hooks added
Replaced silver GT decals with matte black
Will post more pics when it's not -40 out

Attachments

• PXL_20211207_172851734.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20211207_172851734.PORTRAIT.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 373
  • IMG_20211204_170934.jpg
    IMG_20211204_170934.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 370
  • PXL_20211211_173714155.jpg
    PXL_20211211_173714155.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 371
Last edited:

Bigdumps

Reaction score
The exhaust is perfect tone and that cold start growl is fantastic.quiet when you want it to be. And loud when you choose
The console shift and new cup holder cover is best, the seats are great, bolstered and nice suede/alacantra? Trim.
I have the 3.92 with anti spin. I would say it's not noticeably quicker then my 20 or my 15 for that matter. But having a CAI and exhaust system from factory is very fantastic.
My only issue is these new 2022s honk 3 times when you leave it running and get out. Very annoying lol

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well should be a little increase in HP, isn’t that the reason for the GT package??
Only reason I could see it being faster is being able to hold gear longer with using the paddle shifters to shift the transmission

Bigdumps

Reaction score
Mopar fender flares, tint the taillights, 3rd brake light, and mirror lights.
I have the oem Laramie style flares, just waiting for the weather to turn so I can install.
But I like the idea of tinting the lights. Thanks!

yup ram

Reaction score
Just picked mine up yesterday. Never owned a rotary shifter but absolutely love the stick shifter on the center console. I'll likely never use the paddle shifters though. I'm loving the exhaust tone. Has a nice growl to it and isn't obnoxiously loud while driving. Though i haven't driven with the windows down yet. The thing that keeps putting a smile on my face is the quick little bark the exhaust makes every time it auto-starts when accelerating after a stop light. IMO the G/T package was an easy choice, especially since i was planning to upgrade exhaust/intake at some point anyway.
5MG_8825.JPG

5MG_8839.JPG
5MG_8862.JPG

Last edited:

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just picked mine up yesterday. Never owned a rotary shifter but absolutely love the stick shifter on the center console. I'll likely never use the paddle shifters though. I'm loving the exhaust tone. Has a nice growl to it and isn't obnoxiously loud while driving. Though i haven't driven with the windows down yet. The thing that keeps putting a smile on my face is the quick little bark the exhaust makes every time it auto-starts when accelerating after a stop light. IMO the G/T package was an easy choice, especially since i was planning to upgrade exhaust/intake at some point anyway.

View attachment 115891
View attachment 115892
View attachment 115893
Beautiful G/T! Awesome photos as well. The more I look into these, the more I want one lol. I'm far too invested in my truck to look away from it now. I might have to slap a G/T decal on each side of mine and just call it a day 😆 but I agree... I think the GT package is an easy choice for many of those in the market. I think these are going to sell very well. Interesting to hear that you have little interest with the paddle shifters. I think I'd be playing with them all the time if I had one!

Cda3488

Reaction score

View attachment 115891
View attachment 115892
View attachment 115893
Beautiful truck!!! Man we ordered on the same day both GT’s and mine just got on a train yesterday, you lucky!

Cda3488

Reaction score
Its worth the wait. Hang in there!
I’ve been hearing that the exhaust and cold air intake dosent add much pick up. I’m a little disappointed in that I thought it would that’s why I ordered the GT. Guess I will have to add a few more things to get some more hp. How’s it feel to you when you hit the pedal?

Users who are viewing this thread