5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Built to Serve Thread

Do you own a Built to Serve edition w/ the 0249AC springs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So I first joined almost a year ago when I got my 2019 bighorn in diamond black. Loved the truck but an opportunity came for me to get my hands on this and I couldn't pass it up.. so I traded up for a 2020 BTS in destroyer (ceramic) grey.. had a 2018 charger this color before my 2019 Ram.. I finally made it through all 80 something pages of this forum and I want to thank you guys for all the info and doing the legwork early on with the springs.. I take mine in tomorrow to have them fixed.. previous owner had the recall done and like another post they installed the same springs again.. they did not check them I guess but that will be fixed tomorrow.. also I have only seen two others BTS in southeast Oklahoma a ceramic grey and I believe it was a tank that had an overlander build.. sorry for the long post happy to be part of the BTS ownership group.. last thing I got the Navy color but I'm prior Airforce myself
It's understandable an Air Force guy would be drawn to the more superior Navy colors. :p

Renegade3

Reaction score
Couldn't find a good answer after searching so wanted to ask; I have non-nav 8.4inch screen but no off-road pages in my BTS. Any way to have that added? I'm surprised that it's not there....

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Couldn't find a good answer after searching so wanted to ask; I have non-nav 8.4inch screen but no off-road pages in my BTS. Any way to have that added? I'm surprised that it's not there....
at all or have you check the center dash cluster, that's where I can find mine on. its just pitch and roll and rear axel lock image
I do remember like some have being able to add these to their 8.4" screen using AlfaOBD
check this thread, you might find info starting on page 4 or 5

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Your BTS won't display the Off Road pages

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm wanting to go 275/60/20 or 275/65/20
275/60/20 shouldn't be a problem.
Can't say for sure on 275/65/20 but i feel like i have seen somebody runing this size with no issues.
And is yours a 2020?
I know some 2020's didn't have the correct from springs install from factory. You might want to double check that

Matt057

Reaction score
Can't say for sure on 275/65/20 but i feel like i have seen somebody runing this size with no issues.
And is yours a 2020?
I know some 2020's didn't have the correct from springs install from factory. You might want to double check that
Wrong front springs you say...

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes. Tons of affected trucks in the first wave. Which were the 2020 Black diamond and Gator color ways. I think there may have been a few after that but mostly that first wave iirc. You can dig through the thread if you'd like but we've got part numbers and everything. Ram reached out to several of us after the campaign here and on Facebook.

I'll leave this here as the quickest way to verify your truck. IMG_9706.jpeg

Edit: Looks like there was also an official recall as well.

Last edited:

Matt057

Reaction score
Yes. Tons of affected trucks in the first wave. Which were the 2020 Black diamond and Gator color ways. I think there may have been a few after that but mostly that first wave iirc. You can dig through the thread if you'd like but we've got part numbers and everything. Ram reached out to several of us after the campaign here and on Facebook.

I'll leave this here as the quickest way to verify your truck. View attachment 169294

Edit: Looks like there was also an official recall as well.
I've got the AC's so we're good there

2021EcoDiesel

Reaction score
And is yours a 2020?
Currently running LT 285/65R20's with only a little rubbing on the front wheel well liners at full lock and when going over the curb to park on the front lawn. May take the sawzall to them one day, but for now it does not bother me. 275/60R20 should fit easily if your truck has the Off Road Package/raised ride height.

2021EcoDiesel

Reaction score
IMG_3050.jpeg
Here’s a picture of the day we got some new shoes. Just realized I only have like 5 pictures of my rig. Gonna have to take more on my next big road trip! The 275/55r20’s she came with are in the bed.

kjr6306

Reaction score
Looking to purchase a new 2024 BTS edition 1500. Unfortunately, the only color I can find is silver. Does anyone have a line on a different color? Really disappointing that RAM doesn't offer some of the colors that were available in previous MY's. It's one of the issues that may steer me away from purchasing a new one. Coming out of a 2020 1500 Big Horn....

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looking to purchase a new 2024 BTS edition 1500. Unfortunately, the only color I can find is silver. Does anyone have a line on a different color? Really disappointing that RAM doesn't offer some of the colors that were available in previous MY's. It's one of the issues that may steer me away from purchasing a new one. Coming out of a 2020 1500 Big Horn....
They're limited release. Black was only available for 2020 and 2023? If I remember correctly. If you want another color you'll have to buy used or get a different trim. No guarantee they'll come back out at all.

kjr6306

Reaction score
Well, that sucks. The Red, Green, and Sand BTS colors on here look great. I'm tired of seeing so many gray and black Ram's on the road. The current 2024 Ram colors are Blah.....

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
There should be a blue option as well. The current 2024 BTS is silver as the common color and night edge blue as the special color

fAthAwg

Reaction score
Currently running LT 285/65R20's with only a little rubbing on the front wheel well liners at full lock and when going over the curb to park on the front lawn. May take the sawzall to them one day, but for now it does not bother me. 275/60R20 should fit easily if your truck has the Off Road Package/raised ride height.
2 questions. What kind of mpg are you getting? What pressures are you running? Just got a new to me 2021 BTS and the previous owner had LT 285/65r20 Open Country AT3s put on it. Tire pressure was at 31 all around which I feel is a little low.

2021EcoDiesel

Reaction score
2 questions. What kind of mpg are you getting? What pressures are you running? Just got a new to me 2021 BTS and the previous owner had LT 285/65r20 Open Country AT3s put on it. Tire pressure was at 31 all around which I feel is a little low.
I usually run mine at 33-35 pounds, I’ve gone as low as 30 cold with zero wear issues or problems. Factory tires only called for 32 psi for reference. As for mileage I get between 22 and 26 with city and highway mixed driving. Biggest variable is how I drive. I definitely do not hyper-mile the truck but I don’t lead foot it all the time either. Double check that your speedometer was adjusted for the larger tire size in case your numbers are way off. Just a reminder I’ve got the diesel motor and 3.92 gearing.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've got 275/65r20s and run mine around 38-40psi. 10,000 miles on them and they've got even wear. I know it's not apples to apples but the in truck MPG gauge says I get around 14-15mpg.

I did this for your scenario though.

IMG_2767.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread