5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Built to Serve Thread

Do you own a Built to Serve edition w/ the 0249AC springs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I've owned my truck since new and it is one assembled with the incorrect springs. After back and forth with three dealers in two states, and seeing some of the trouble (shocks/struts) people had after they got the new springs...I decided to wait until my original tires were decently worn before doing the spring swap... I planned to add the mopar 2" kit and get bigger tires. After they did the inspection the dealer finally ordered the replacement springs. I requested the mopar lift be added and but he needed additional time to calculate the labor for adding the 2" at the same time. A week later he quoted $1,600 just for the labor to install the kit at the same time they did the springs, stating that the UCAs had to be replaced and that takes a lot of time.

I went with a Rough Country 3.5" and 35" KO2s from a reputable local shop. After install my truck sits 1" lower in the rear, like others have mentioned in this thread. I went back to the dealer and asked if they could either swap rear springs or just sell me the rear springs. They said NO to both...even said they couldn't look up the correct part numbers for the rear springs. Thanks to the users here that did all the research early on and listed the shock part number chart...I ordered the rear shocks online and will have the local shop that did the lift swap them out.

RAMCARES - I love the truck but your service in the field really needs help...I paid out of pocket to correct a factory mistake. (n)(n)
It sounds like your dealer really didn't want to install the Mopar kit. My dealer installed my ReadyLift leveling kit with UCA's for $387 including an alignment.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My dealer was weird about it too. When I got the spring replacement done they agreed to install my Eibach shocks for free but when I asked them to also do my UCAs they wanted several hundred dollars. It's somewhere in the thread but I think they said $5-600. I would've gladly paid or tipped the tech $100 but $500 for 4 bolts was ridiculous.

captsapp

Reaction score
Good morning! I just found this forum.

I got a 2021 BTS back in May. Silver and I love it!

A few modifications I'm considering making:
1) 2" Level kit
2) Fender flares that match the bumpers
3) Bigger tires (should I go with 33" or 35"?)
4) Steel front bumper with a bullnose guard (a lot of deer around but I don't want to cover up the grill)
5) Roll bar

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• Ram.jpg
    Ram.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 50

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

1) 2" Level kit
4) Steel front bumper with a bullnose guard (a lot of deer around but I don't want to cover up the grill)
5) Roll bar

Any thoughts?
Keep the flares body color. Don't want to make it look like a Warlock.

Level and 35's should fit depending on width. You may need wheel spacers for clearance on tires when turning if you go with a 12.5 width

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score

1) 2" Level kit
5) Roll bar

Any thoughts?
2" level might end up nose high, but measure your front and back - not all trucks measure the same - I did 1.5" adjustable level struts (you can do Bilstein's, Eiback or Belltech)
tires - 33" are nice, 34" better and you can still find one or two non LT
roll bar - just my opinion - yea they kind of look cool but at the same time remind me so much of the chevy avalanche look which I hate

20BTSHemi

Reaction score
Here's mine. Ceramic Gray (Navy) I'm a Marine vet so it's fair lol. 285/65/20 BFG KO2's, Retrax Pro MX bed cover, vinyl wrapped roof, current model Running Boards, Flowmaster Flow FX muffler, Putco window ventshades, Mopar Hood Bug Deflector. Coming soon: Carli upper control arm and Bilstein 6112's to level the front end.

Loaded Truck without* Sunroof or 33gal Tank.
I'm in central North Carolina. 20220902_130458.jpg 20220829_125723.jpg 20220902_130458.jpg 20220829_125723.jpg 20220829_125901.jpg

Never3nding

Reaction score
Vent shades are great, I like the shape of them. Are those factory tires with that edition?

captsapp

Reaction score

1) 2" Level kit
5) Roll bar

Any thoughts?
So I did some work while I was on vacation:
Put Bushwacker pocket fender flares on, added a 2" level to the front, and got 35" tires. See pic!

Attachments

• Ram2.jpg
    Ram2.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 95

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Can someone provide the overall height for the BTS editions or confirm it's the same as a comparable Big Horn?
It's the same height as any other Bighorn that has the ORP package.

Or if 2wd, then a 2wd Bighorn

bcwood64

Reaction score
With the stock ORP that comes with the BTS, do you have any rubbing issues? I'd like to go one size up in tires from the stock size.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
With the stock ORP that comes with the BTS, do you have any rubbing issues? I'd like to go one size up in tires from the stock size.
Shouldn't have any issues going up to 275/60/20 iirc from research on the forums. 275/65/20 (34x11.50) is safe with a level and stock wheels. When you get up to the wider tires like a 35x12.50 on stock wheels you can run into some rubbing issues and clearance with the UCA.

jberardo10

Reaction score
Nice. I'm gonna be adding passive entry to my truck in the future.

Any luck with this? Looking into doing it, only thing I’m having trouble with is finding the mat black door handles with the passive entry. Let me know if you have any tips.

Users who are viewing this thread