5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Built to Serve Thread

Do you own a Built to Serve edition w/ the 0249AC springs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any luck with this? Looking into doing it, only thing I’m having trouble with is finding the mat black door handles with the passive entry. Let me know if you have any tips.
I still haven't done it. However, you won't be able to find the matte black door handles with passive entry. You'll have to purchase color matched ones.

jberardo10

Reaction score
I still haven't done it. However, you won't be able to find the matte black door handles with passive entry. You'll have to purchase color matched ones.
That’s my problem, I have the tank green BTS so I don’t think I can find ones in that color, unless I buy the handles and have them painted.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That’s my problem, I have the tank green BTS so I don’t think I can find ones in that color, unless I buy the handles and have them painted.
Yea unfortunately that'll be your only option. I'd see if I could find the cheapest set possible and then get them wrapped/painted depending on what's cheaper.

puba08

Reaction score
Hating my neighbor right now
813afa09937b9c08ad8e26c3c4c018dc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jjt17

Reaction score
Would diamond black handles match any of the other black trim enough?

brian1684

Reaction score
Shot in the dark question, but has anyone totaled a BTS Tank with the front driver seat(split bench) undamaged, or replaced the stock seat covers and kept them. My dog broke out of his travel kennel this week while we were out of the vehicle, and decided to use my driver seat as a chew tow, bottom cover and cushion and side of the back cover and cushion. Would like to replace with factory but will do katskinz for all the seats if I have to.

sprovo

Reaction score
Hating my neighbor right now
813afa09937b9c08ad8e26c3c4c018dc.jpg

:( i feel ya man. last week i had someone try and squeeze by a FedEx truck on my street and side swiped my parked BTS. I'm so worried about getting it repainted. because to me (I'm not exactly sure how to explain it) it doesn't look like smooth paint, but it kind of looks hazy? I have an appointment tomorrow with the body shop to take a look. I haven't come across any posts with a BTS being repainted. you have any ideas about the paint? I have Tank by the way. ITs weird tho. my damage is pretty much is the same spots as yours, you got it worse tho. I'm sorry, man.

puba08

Reaction score
:( i feel ya man. last week i had someone try and squeeze by a FedEx truck on my street and side swiped my parked BTS. I'm so worried about getting it repainted. because to me (I'm not exactly sure how to explain it) it doesn't look like smooth paint, but it kind of looks hazy? I have an appointment tomorrow with the body shop to take a look. I haven't come across any posts with a BTS being repainted. you have any ideas about the paint? I have Tank by the way. ITs weird tho. my damage is pretty much is the same spots as yours, you got it worse tho. I'm sorry, man.

I’m waiting to hear back from the body shop. Some parts were back ordered. They seemed to not be worried about the paint at all.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
It's probably bad prep work before the paint was applied or the painter just sucks. Good luck

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Should be way easier to match since there’s no metallic in it. I feel your pain.. still need to get mine in the bodyshop to get someone F up on my truck fixed but with work and constant traveling haven’t gotten the opportunity to.

Linejunk32

Reaction score
Just wanted to thank this thread and the work members in the past put in! I’ve had my BTS for 2 years now, but recently doings some mods and the ORG springs were throwing me off. Got it figured out though thanks to this thread and looking forward to sharing pictures of some of the mods I do. Anyways here it is STOCK IMG_0768.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk View attachment 149934
View attachment 149935
f255a81d4a8a753856e12c4a572cf249.jpg

Dustin P

Reaction score
Does anyone here have a side shot of a BTS with an aftermarket front bumper and Bilstein 5100s? I want to make sure the 5th clip setting will do the trick in taking the dramatic nose down appearance out. I do have the Mopar 2” kit UCAs on order, but right now I have a 2.5” difference in front/rear flare heights.

Thanks all!

swing4terps

Reaction score
Any recommendations for scratch removal on the lower black bumper?

Had a bunch of stuff in my garage, had to pull in crooked and the door caught the widest point just right of the license plate.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Had a bunch of stuff in my garage, had to pull in crooked and the door caught the widest point just right of the license plate.
Dr Color Chip

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score

I had some touch up paint from believe it or not S&S. They are an aftermarket motorcycle parts company for Harley Davidson. I bought an engine from them and it came with a lil bottle of touch up paint for the flat black paint on the engine. I had a paint chip from a lil stone on the front corner of the bumper of my BTS so I said to hell with it and I gave the S&S touch up a try. It actually matched really good to the bumper paint. Without actually trying to kneel down and find it you can't notice it.

Moral of my story is, I'm sure you can go to any local parts store that sells touch up paint and find one that matches good especially if S&S has something that works lol

AshRisenRogue

Reaction score
So I first joined almost a year ago when I got my 2019 bighorn in diamond black. Loved the truck but an opportunity came for me to get my hands on this and I couldn't pass it up.. so I traded up for a 2020 BTS in destroyer (ceramic) grey.. had a 2018 charger this color before my 2019 Ram.. I finally made it through all 80 something pages of this forum and I want to thank you guys for all the info and doing the legwork early on with the springs.. I take mine in tomorrow to have them fixed.. previous owner had the recall done and like another post they installed the same springs again.. they did not check them I guess but that will be fixed tomorrow.. also I have only seen two others BTS in southeast Oklahoma a ceramic grey and I believe it was a tank that had an overlander build.. sorry for the long post happy to be part of the BTS ownership group.. last thing I got the Navy color but I'm prior Airforce myself

Attachments

• 20230509_131922.jpg
    20230509_131922.jpg
    275 KB · Views: 52
  • 20230509_131930.jpg
    20230509_131930.jpg
    289.4 KB · Views: 53
  • 20230509_131943.jpg
    20230509_131943.jpg
    286.9 KB · Views: 53

Users who are viewing this thread