5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Built to Serve Thread

Do you own a Built to Serve edition w/ the 0249AC springs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BigAdge

Reaction score
Curious if anyone on here has any led bars added to grille and pictures at night if so - thinking of having some added, but would love suggestions. THe rough country dual bars look great, but my shop says they take a long time and cost $$$ for install.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Went to a "homecoming" event for local Marine that was one of the 13 killed in Kabul suicide attack. When we parked in the parking lot, we had no clue they were going to have firetrucks there to raise the big flag. Was a nice bonus

Attachments

• PXL_20210910_182337166.jpg
    PXL_20210910_182337166.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 104
  • PXL_20210910_185316328.jpg
    PXL_20210910_185316328.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 104
  • PXL_20210910_181103570.jpg
    PXL_20210910_181103570.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 104

popcenator

Reaction score
Went to a "homecoming" event for local Marine that was one of the 13 killed in Kabul suicide attack. When we parked in the parking lot, we had no clue they were going to have firetrucks there to raise the big flag. Was a nice bonus
Wish I could have attended that.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Wookie0323

Reaction score
Well, if anybody was wondering, the truck holds up nicely in a crash... Long story short, I was on my way home from CG base on the highway. I was in the left lane when two cars lost control and swerved into my lane. I got pinballed between three cars and the median! I am fine, sore and stiff, but fine. Insurance will be repairing it. Had it towed to a Ram collision center in hopes it is put together properly. I believe the metal front bumper and the side rail are what saved it from getting totaled. The other three vehicles involved were totaled I believe. It was a sad Sunday

🥺😢😭😤🤬

HEMITKN

Reaction score
Well, if anybody was wondering, the truck holds up nicely in a crash... Long story short, I was on my way home from CG base on the highway. I was in the left lane when two cars lost control and swerved into my lane. I got pinballed between three cars and the median! I am fine, sore and stiff, but fine. Insurance will be repairing it. Had it towed to a Ram collision center in hopes it is put together properly. I believe the metal front bumper and the side rail are what saved it from getting totaled. The other three vehicles involved were totaled I believe. It was a sad Sunday

🥺😢😭😤🤬
Glad your okay brother, hope they make it as good as new.

We where in Savannah this week saw CG had a unit on Hunter Army Air Field. Supported 1/75th RANGERS back in 85-87. Never knew the CG was there.
Update when you can.

geeoffs

Reaction score
In an earlier post, someone mentioned a decal guy who made vinyl stickers for the various logos on our trucks. I contacted him to see if he could do something in green, and he talked me out of it and suggested camo. I was pretty skeptical that the camo colors would give the look I wanted. Put the stickers on my grill today and have to say, the decal guy was 100% correct. The camo looks awesome, especially in person when you can see how they look against the whole truck

He ordered like 10 feet of the camo just to fulfill my order, so if anybody wants, this guy has lol

Attachments

• 8EEDA391-C35A-40AE-93CD-D6B7AACD7102.jpeg
    8EEDA391-C35A-40AE-93CD-D6B7AACD7102.jpeg
    133.4 KB · Views: 112
  • 5F02E87A-33BE-4FBD-8475-3EA721F5584A.jpeg
    5F02E87A-33BE-4FBD-8475-3EA721F5584A.jpeg
    116.3 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:

Rjshoaff1

Reaction score

🥺😢😭😤🤬
Glad your ok brother!

Wookie0323

Reaction score
Thanks everybody. Glad I was in this Truck instead of my old 2 door Kia, outcome would have been way different!
Initial estimate from ins is over 11k, and they expect it to go up after the shop takes it apart. Timeline is unknown since anything you want to buy these days is on back order. Luckily it seems no harm came to the engine or frame. Just have to wait for diagnostics and test drives.

ZCoffman

Reaction score
Curious, has anyone put the black TRX rims and tires on their BTS yet? I'm seriously considering it and wanted to see if maybe someone had them already.

Swhittley1016

Reaction score
Has anyone had the recall done on the coil springs and noticed their truck start to handle bumps horribly? My 2020 now bounces over bumps as if the shocks are blown. Sometimes the suspension bottoms out on the freeway if I go over a large enough separation in pavement or transition In the road between pavement and say a bridge or overpass.

ZCoffman

Reaction score
Has anyone had the recall done on the coil springs and noticed their truck start to handle bumps horribly? My 2020 now bounces over bumps as if the shocks are blown. Sometimes the suspension bottoms out on the freeway if I go over a large enough separation in pavement or transition In the road between pavement and say a bridge or overpass.
Yeah mine did the same thing, they had to replace the struts to fix the issue. After they did that, the issue went away completely.

Swhittley1016

Reaction score
Yeah mine did the same thing, they had to replace the struts to fix the issue. After they did that, the issue went away completely.
What kind of proof/conclusion lead the dealership to change the struts? I’ve taken it to the dealer several times and they are brushing it off. What are the chances you still have the work order from them doing that and could possibly blank your personal info and share it with me? I just want to take something to the dealership and say “this worked for other people with the same issue”.

Users who are viewing this thread