5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Built to Serve Thread

Do you own a Built to Serve edition w/ the 0249AC springs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wookie0323

Reaction score
I jumped into the Ram world and picked up a 2021 Spitfire Orange BTS yesterday. I was originally going to pick up the white version but I fell in love with the orange after spending time with it in person. Here's my blog:

• Traded in a 2015 Nissan Frontier that I bought 2 years ago. They took more on the trade in than I paid for it. I probably could have got another $2-3K if I would have gone through the hassle of selling private.
  • Only got $2k knocked off MSRP. They were not willing to budge. But I did get 0% 48 month financing.
  • I originally had no intent of buying so soon, but with inflation, chip shortages and who knows what is next I think there is a reasonable possibility that these prices and incentives are not going to be coming back anytime soon. This BTS was also optioned exactly the way I want which I didn't see very often so I decided to jump on it.
  • Super annoyed that the dealer didn't fill the tank up before I left. It was originally on empty and they filled it to just under half a tank. I didn't even notice it until I got home. Is this normal now? Every other vehicle I purchased was filled up. My sales guy did specifically say they would fill up the tank. Is it because I got the 33 gallon tank?
  • Also annoyed that they installed that spy tracker device I had to remove myself. The way they presented this seemed sketchy as hell. Not a fan.
  • Today when I was driving to work the backup camera didn't work. Just a black screen. Parked at work for a few hours and then it worked fine again.
  • The ride is a great, I'm enjoying driving it.
  • The Hemi feels slower than I thought it would be. I'm taking it easy and working through break in but so far not feeling all that peppy. Also seems to be some lag as it searches for gears or maybe it's the throttle response. I realize I've got the 3.21 axle so I'm sure that's a factor.
    • Doesn't feel any quicker than my wife's Pacifica with the 3.6
    • I've got a few friends with a 3.5 Ecoboost and that feels MUCH quicker.
    • Again, taking it easy so far and am not concerned. Also not interested in flying around at speed everywhere in a bright orange truck. That seems like a ticket magnet.
  • The e-torque seems pretty cool. The start/stop is seamless. Way better than in my wife's Pacifica (which is still pretty good in my opinion)
  • I feel like the exhaust is too quiet. Love the luxury feel but I do want to hear a little V8 growl
  • Overall, happy with the truck and excited for the future. Our Pacifica has been flawless for 36k miles so I'm hoping I can get similar reliability from the pickup.
View attachment 96093
I had the same thing happen to me with gas. I didn't get the bigger tank, but during the walk through the gas light came on and said there's a Wawa across the street...

Rjshoaff1

Reaction score
I had the same thing happen to me with gas. I didn't get the bigger tank, but during the walk through the gas light came on and said there's a Wawa across the street...
This must be a dealership thing and not a Ram/dodge thing. My salesman fill my 33 gallon tank when I bought and when my girlfriend bought her jeep on them. He also filled my tank up a month later when I had to go back up there for something they screwed up on with paperwork or something like that.

Dragonmaster13

Reaction score
My 33 gallon tank and def tank were full when I picked my truck up. I was 20 minutes earlier than I said I would be and the salesmen said “ you’ll have to wait, your truck is out getting filled up and the nearest def pump is 5 km away”. Lot guy rolled up 15 minutes later, 5 minutes before my pickup time and parked the full truck in the spot for new deliveries.

bud007

Reaction score
Hemitkn
i have never been a rim and tire guy , and i do like the stock BTS rims (y), but i gotta say those are some BADASS rims you got

SaltyMac

Reaction score

Jhall

Reaction score
Wife and I decided to sell my 2021 BTS and look for something bigger/ heavier for future plans. I absolutely love this truck. Only 7600 miles. I live in the Tulsa OK area. Anyone interested lol.

Attachments

• B4CEFE17-AECC-4CCC-B793-FDF3100D7E2D.jpeg
    B4CEFE17-AECC-4CCC-B793-FDF3100D7E2D.jpeg
    121.3 KB · Views: 76
  • 963C8AFD-7FF4-4743-8C21-D535DF2F68E9.jpeg
    963C8AFD-7FF4-4743-8C21-D535DF2F68E9.jpeg
    131.7 KB · Views: 75
  • 92F29595-3CB1-4118-8376-B40416E669F7.jpeg
    92F29595-3CB1-4118-8376-B40416E669F7.jpeg
    135 KB · Views: 75

bud007

Reaction score
bcwood your truck looks natural right there !!!!! and ready to pull out without much effort , cant say the same about the other truck , looks like its back end is already buried ;)
where in Long Island are you fishing ?

HEMITKN

Reaction score
@HEMITKN, I really like the stock wheels so I wanted to keep them until any future plans would require changing them. I did the same with the stock 20 in Rims on my 2003 1500 and I kept that set up for 18 years.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
My 03 back in the day lol

Attachments

• S3000002.JPG
    S3000002.JPG
    172.4 KB · Views: 45

Users who are viewing this thread