5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Built to Serve Thread

Do you own a Built to Serve edition w/ the 0249AC springs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SaltyMac

Reaction score
My 03 back in the day lol
Nice, you went higher onbthe lift than I did. Here is mine, was tough to give her up after 18 years and 234k on the clicker.
4e6774b89e4cab6b61ef9b649caeed70.jpg
c54bf7ca29adea7f7881b0fa3c58c86e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

TaterRam

Reaction score
Wife and I decided to sell my 2021 BTS and look for something bigger/ heavier for future plans. I absolutely love this truck. Only 7600 miles. I live in the Tulsa OK area. Anyone interested lol.
Curious, what are you listing it for?

mkillaly

Reaction score
Quick question. I have a 2020 BTS Gator. I had the recall performed and was wondering the part number that was originally on the truck (non-lifted) versus the ORP (lifted). I know what was installed but was trying to find out what was on originally when I purchased it. I saw a sheet that listed the two sets of part numbers but didn't know where that came from. Personally, it rides differently with the ORP springs and am trying to find out why there is a difference in the ride.

dmcolling

Reaction score
So close to pulling the trigger on a Spitfire Orange BTS. My only hold up is the dealer installed a leveling kit and 275/65R20 Discovery Rugged Treks. They want $2400 for the add on, seems steep for tires and a leveling kit, thoughts?

Oilslick

Reaction score
So close to pulling the trigger on a Spitfire Orange BTS. My only hold up is the dealer installed a leveling kit and 275/65R20 Discovery Rugged Treks. They want $2400 for the add on, seems steep for tires and a leveling kit, thoughts?
Do some serious negotiating with them.

bud007

Reaction score
dm , in your case , as they are add on's do like oilslick said or i am sure you can still find one at another dealer. i did a search on a few areas ( not sure where you are located ?) but there are Spitfires still available and some still in transit to dealers , so go to the Ram website and do a search with a 250 mile radius and and i am sure you will see a few .
Yes they are a limited edition and seem to go fast ( in some cases) getting it much below MSRP these days might be hard to achieve but might not be impossible , just dont expect to get a deal similar to what you might get on a regular Big Horn.
I paid just a little under MSRP ( not much ;))
good luck with whatever you decide as the BTS edition is really a great truck

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Quick question. I have a 2020 BTS Gator. I had the recall performed and was wondering the part number that was originally on the truck (non-lifted) versus the ORP (lifted). I know what was installed but was trying to find out what was on originally when I purchased it. I saw a sheet that listed the two sets of part numbers but didn't know where that came from. Personally, it rides differently with the ORP springs and am trying to find out why there is a difference in the ride.
The ORP springs are stiffer.

deese

Reaction score
dm , in your case , as they are add on's do like oilslick said or i am sure you can still find one at another dealer. i did a search on a few areas ( not sure where you are located ?) but there are Spitfires still available and some still in transit to dealers , so go to the Ram website and do a search with a 250 mile radius and and i am sure you will see a few .
Yes they are a limited edition and seem to go fast ( in some cases) getting it much below MSRP these days might be hard to achieve but might not be impossible , just dont expect to get a deal similar to what you might get on a regular Big Horn.
I paid just a little under MSRP ( not much ;))
good luck with whatever you decide as the BTS edition is really a great truck

This is exactly what I ended up doing. Dealer in my area was the only one out of many that just low balled me on my trade. So I simply went on Ram's website and found its twin about 3 hours in the other direction. Luckily it was also on the lot as they just received it. Their offer on trade-in fell right in line with the numerous other dealers I inquired with while shopping. As far as pricing on the truck went I am pretty lucky as I get EP control numbers from the father-in-law so we get fairly decent discounting to begin with on top of rebates. No hassle no fuss. Only a few dealers were not honoring EP pricing at the time unless I ordered.

Jhall

Reaction score
Curious, what are you listing it for?
Believe it or not, this is what it books for. But seems off to me IDK! Maybe start at 53500 and see what happens. It’s not like I need to sell ASAP, just plans have changed and will need something with more towing.

Attachments

• E8203D5C-5BAA-4252-AC5A-3AC774799419.png
    E8203D5C-5BAA-4252-AC5A-3AC774799419.png
    175.9 KB · Views: 63

Zefal

Reaction score
So... ive totally been MIA on the build numbers, but i FINALLY got a response from Ram Support about 3 weeks ago.... (lots of drama in my life right now, lol)

Here is the exact Copy Pasta from their response:
Christopher,

Thank you for contacting Ram.

VIN:

2020 (DT) RAM 1500 BUILT TO SERVE EDITION CREW CAB 5'7" BOX 4X4

Our records indicate this vehicle was not equipped form the factory with a numbered/serialized badge; therefore, there is no numbered/serialized badge part available for this vehicle.

According to our records, there were 12 (DT) Ram 1500 Built to Serve Edition Crew Cab 5'7" Box 4X4 units built in Patriot Blue Pearl Coat paint and equipped with Black Premium Cloth/Vinyl Bucket Seats, Bed Utility Group, Built-to-Serve Edition Package, Big Horn Level 2 Equipment Group, Light Ambassador Blue Accent Stitching, 8-Speed Automatic 8HP75 Transmission, 5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT Engine, Dual-Pane Panoramic Sunroof, Multi-Function Tailgate, 33 Gallon Fuel Tank, Uconnect 12.0 Radio with Navigation, 20X9.0 Aluminum Wheels and Blind Spot and Cross Path Detection for the 2020 model year.

Unfortunately, build sequence information is unavailable; therefore, we are unable to assist with build sequence requests.

Sincerely,
[Support person[

bud007

Reaction score
Thanks for that info Zefal as others have stated , i am a little surprised that the special package and limited numbers of these trucks that there is not a better record kept as in the email response you received, even my wife ( once she got over the fact that the passenger side bucket seat doesn't raise or lower :mad: ) asked me why they didnt put a built to serve badge on the truck other than the one on the dash ( maybe where the Big Horn badge is ) or number them , like what they did with the 75th anniversary power wagon.
I thought of possibly contacting someone about maybe 3D printing a type of badge for the dash with a number on it , but it was just a thought .
thanks again

Zefal

Reaction score
Thanks for that info Zefal as others have stated , i am a little surprised that the special package and limited numbers of these trucks that there is not a better record kept as in the email response you received, even my wife ( once she got over the fact that the passenger side bucket seat doesn't raise or lower :mad: ) asked me why they didnt put a built to serve badge on the truck other than the one on the dash ( maybe where the Big Horn badge is ) or number them , like what they did with the 75th anniversary power wagon.
I thought of possibly contacting someone about maybe 3D printing a type of badge for the dash with a number on it , but it was just a thought .
thanks again
I fully agree with the confusion on why they didnt number them and what not, or have better badging than just the seats and glove box/dash area...

I am glad though that they finally got back to me with a pretty good answer at least

JNavCRNA

Reaction score
Rare sighting. I haven’t seen any other Billet Silver BTS in the Raleigh area until the other day I spotted one at my pool parking lot. Mine on the right is a 4x4, left appears to be 4x2. I will determine who the other owner is, in due time. Good looking pair right there!

Attachments

• D29FCAB0-DF7F-4518-8E00-E31963E25769.jpeg
    D29FCAB0-DF7F-4518-8E00-E31963E25769.jpeg
    247 KB · Views: 105
  • 5DE3A60E-DD31-4A10-85D8-571C5C491769.jpeg
    5DE3A60E-DD31-4A10-85D8-571C5C491769.jpeg
    244.8 KB · Views: 105

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The truck market is still nuts. Here is a quote from KBB yesterday for my truck with 1700 miles. I know I would never get that, but still! I paid $49,550.
You say that but a guy on Facebook listed his for 53 and it's already pending sale.

Rjshoaff1

Reaction score
The truck market is still nuts. Here is a quote from KBB yesterday for my truck with 1700 miles. I know I would never get that, but still! I paid $49,550.
That’s tempting and would be nice! But then you have to wait on a new truck! Are orders still slow?

Users who are viewing this thread