5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Built to Serve Thread

Do you own a Built to Serve edition w/ the 0249AC springs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rjshoaff1

Reaction score
Orders in our area are a long wait. When driving by our local Ram and Chevy dealerships you might think they were going out of business.
Yeah the dealerships parking lots around me are like… post office parking lots on a Sunday! Empty

joiafour

Reaction score
Does anybody know what the details are around the BTS lift? Is it a small leveling kit? Is it the same lift that comes with the offroad package? I haven't been able to find any information on this.

SaltyMac

Reaction score
Does anybody know what the details are around the BTS lift? Is it a small leveling kit? Is it the same lift that comes with the offroad package? I haven't been able to find any information on this.
The Built to Serve is the same as the offroad group as far as lift height goes. Same springs and struts/shocks at 1" over stock height.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Wookie0323

Reaction score
This little lightbar makes a HUUGE difference in backup visibility! Only downfall is the way the tailgate lowers, I couldn't keep my old Coast Guard plate cover. It barely rests on it now when it is down. Guess I'll have to get a Decal instead.....🤪

Attachments

• 20210625_180951.jpg
    20210625_180951.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 87
  • 20210627_211626.jpg
    20210627_211626.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 87
  • 20210627_211636.jpg
    20210627_211636.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 88

sweetwillyj

Reaction score
This little lightbar makes a HUUGE difference in backup visibility! Only downfall is the way the tailgate lowers, I couldn't keep my old Coast Guard plate cover. It barely rests on it now when it is down. Guess I'll have to get a Decal instead.....🤪
I have had that light bar on since last year and I really recommend it. Big difference in visibility.

HEMITKN

Reaction score
Big difference!

Wookie0323

Reaction score
I have had that light bar on since last year and I really recommend it. Big difference in visibility.
Did you tap into your reverse tail light or trailer harness? I did the trailer harness because it was less work and I read a few people say the other option sometimes threw a code for some reason

sweetwillyj

Reaction score
Did you tap into your reverse tail light or trailer harness? I did the trailer harness because it was less work and I read a few people say the other option sometimes threw a code for some reason
Passenger side tail-light and no issues code wise, that I know of yet. I had to lose my St Louis Blues plate frame too. Not sure if there’s enough space to slide a frog’s hair between the light and lowered tailgate but it hasn’t broken so far.

Last edited:

Rjshoaff1

Reaction score
Some one posted these vinyls decals a couple weeks ago. Mine came in today. I was nervous about the greys match. I guess I’ll wait and see once they fully adhere. Nice BTS touch I thought tho

Attachments

• 7716EEF6-018E-422F-84D4-D610B07F94FD.jpeg
    7716EEF6-018E-422F-84D4-D610B07F94FD.jpeg
    155.3 KB · Views: 75

bud007

Reaction score
I have a few question concerning the spare tire for the BTS model as i was reading another thread concerning the spare tire , or lack of.
i crawled up under the truck ( bad back and all ) and i did see the spare ... looks full size , but on a different rim. So my questions are , first does anyone know what size the spare actually is ? is it a 20' rim ? also is it possible to order one of the Built to Serve rims so that i can mount a spare tire on it , mainly so i have a correct spare and to use when rotating the tires , and if so will it fit in the spare tire spot up under the bed ?
sorry for the questions , but with the back ,( and wish it wasnt like this ) i try to limit my time up under the truck. (y)

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a few question concerning the spare tire for the BTS model as i was reading another thread concerning the spare tire , or lack of.
i crawled up under the truck ( bad back and all ) and i did see the spare ... looks full size , but on a different rim. So my questions are , first does anyone know what size the spare actually is ? is it a 20' rim ? also is it possible to order one of the Built to Serve rims so that i can mount a spare tire on it , mainly so i have a correct spare and to use when rotating the tires , and if so will it fit in the spare tire spot up under the bed ?
sorry for the questions , but with the back ,( and wish it wasnt like this ) i try to limit my time up under the truck. (y)
The spare is a 275/65 R18 while the OEM tires are 275/55 R20. So the wheel + tire combo are essentially identical in overall size, meaning an OEM BTS rim + tire should physically fit in there.

However, the center bore of the BTS rim does look smaller than the spare rim's, so it may not be possible for the OEM bracket on the spare tire mount to fit through the BTS rim bore. Not sure though as I haven't measured them. If that were the case, I'm sure there are aftermarket solutions out there.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The spare is a 275/65 R18 while the OEM tires are 275/55 R20. So the wheel + tire combo are essentially identical in overall size, meaning an OEM BTS rim + tire should physically fit in there.

However, the center bore of the BTS rim does look smaller than the spare rim's, so it may not be possible for the OEM bracket on the spare tire mount to fit through the BTS rim bore. Not sure though as I haven't measured them. If that were the case, I'm sure there are aftermarket solutions out there.
I want to say people have gotten a spare BTS wheel and mounted it up there fine. Could be wrong though. Just what I seem to recall.

I picked up two OEM wheels from a user in our BTS Facebook group last week. One to replace a curb rashed wheel I had and another for an eventual spare. I suppose I could let the spare down and see if it would fit the spare bracket.

bud007

Reaction score
Grape_Ape
yeah , i would be interested if you do . i have seen these wheels come up from time to time but usually for all four. I think these wheels are somewhat special ( i could be wrong ) but i wonder if you can order one from a dealer ? i might have to look into that.
if it works out for you , i might have to keep my eyes open and check FB occasionally . (y)

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Grape_Ape
yeah , i would be interested if you do . i have seen these wheels come up from time to time but usually for all four. I think these wheels are somewhat special ( i could be wrong ) but i wonder if you can order one from a dealer ? i might have to look into that.
if it works out for you , i might have to keep my eyes open and check FB occasionally . (y)
You can order them from the dealers but will pay the regular retail price or an OEM wheel. Which would probably be $300-$500 per wheel.

SubMech

Reaction score
Just picked up a BTS edition without knowing what it was, did some research and found this thread, disappointed that I ended up with a coastie model but I guess I can get over it. Not much on this thread of the white versions so here goes.

Attachments

• IMG_3877.jpeg
    IMG_3877.jpeg
    179.6 KB · Views: 93

Users who are viewing this thread