5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Built to Serve Thread

Do you own a Built to Serve edition w/ the 0249AC springs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can order a ‘22 model BTS?
Gonna say with near certainty that the answer is no you cannot. They're limited production models and are currently finishing up production on the Orange and White variants. Those are the last two colors being produced.

Gorlasar

Reaction score
So it turns out my July 2020 built BTS RAM came with the recalled springs (part numbers #68320237AB Front and 68262675AB Rear). I brought it up with RAM Cares and this is what I got back from Debbie.

The W95 recall only covers trucks built through June 2020. As a result RAM Management Engineering Team stated that "...they are not included under the CSN and if there are any updates or changes I will be notified." So they're not going to replace the springs on my truck.

Anyone else have this experience? I sure hope not! I don't know what my options are at this point. I paid for a truck with raised ride height and did not get a truck with raised ride height.

BuilttoServeRam

Reaction score
So it turns out my July 2020 built BTS RAM came with the recalled springs (part numbers #68320237AB Front and 68262675AB Rear). I brought it up with RAM Cares and this is what I got back from Debbie.

The W95 recall only covers trucks built through June 2020. As a result RAM Management Engineering Team stated that "...they are not included under the CSN and if there are any updates or changes I will be notified." So they're not going to replace the springs on my truck.

Anyone else have this experience? I sure hope not! I don't know what my options are at this point. I paid for a truck with raised ride height and did not get a truck with raised ride height.
Just try taking it to a dealership, I scheduled maintenance and they told me about the recall W95 and that 2700+ trucks were affected . Mine was one of them and I just had mine replaced . I thought something seemed off after I had Bilstein 5100’s put on that it should’ve sat higher with the ORP on setting 5 . After they replaced my springs yesterday and they pulled my truck out it sat next to a BTS on their lot and it sat a lot higher . Springs will settle a bit but a big difference

BuilttoServeRam

Reaction score
Just try taking it to a dealership, I scheduled maintenance and they told me about the recall W95 and that 2700+ trucks were affected . Mine was one of them and I just had mine replaced . I thought something seemed off after I had Bilstein 5100’s put on that it should’ve sat higher with the ORP on setting 5 . After they replaced my springs yesterday and they pulled my truck out it sat next to a BTS on their lot and it sat a lot higher . Springs will settle a bit but a big difference
Without ORP springs and Bilstein 5100’s on 5

Attachments

• DF46152E-C5A2-4FBC-AFA1-74D470EC3A22.jpeg
    DF46152E-C5A2-4FBC-AFA1-74D470EC3A22.jpeg
    220.2 KB · Views: 88

Gorlasar

Reaction score
Hey the truck looks great with the 5100s and ORPs.

I actually went to the dealership before I contacted RAM customer service. The dealership told me that the truck isn't included in the W95 and is equipped with the springs it was supposed to come with. He said if they did the swap, they'll be on the hook for the cost of the work since the car is not included in the w95 recall.

Both the dealership and RAM customer service told me to get stuffed. I'm not sure I'll ever buy another FCA/Stellantis product. I'm even wondering at this point if I need to be taking legal action.

scooby0211

Reaction score
They told me there were a considerable amount of parts being replaced and quoted me at 5.1hrs for the job. Springs were just part of what was supposed to be replaced. I took Monday off from work because they said it would be maybe 8hrs since I would be the first one ever done there. How long did yours take and did they actually give you the paperwork on what was replaced?

Needless to say, I dropped the truck off at 0745 and drove by at 1400 and the truck hadn't moved. I went and talked to the service advisor and asked them what was up. Well apparently there was another vehicle in the bay that was supposed to house mine for the work and until that vehicle was done, mine would not be. I was flippant and took my keys back and came back to get the truck. Told em to reschedule since I cant just take days off at will to be given the runaround. I'm on vacation next week, they can play games on their time not mine.

I actually went to the dealership before I contacted RAM customer service. The dealership told me that the truck isn't included in the W95 and is equipped with the springs it was supposed to come with. He said if they did the swap, they'll be on the hook for the cost of the work since the car is not included in the w95 recall.

Both the dealership and RAM customer service told me to get stuffed. I'm not sure I'll ever buy another FCA/Stellantis product. I'm even wondering at this point if I need to be taking legal action.
From what I understand, there were only a few limited trucks that were affected by this recall. I actually got a letter detailing the recall so I went to the dealer to talk about it. The service advisor didn't know anything about it so it sounds like there is a lack of communication from somewhere.

I cant stand being given the runaround these clowns give over the simplest S* that should have been done right the first time. Under my dashboard tab on mopar dot com, it showed the recall but it did not show up on any other recall sites. Good luck to you, I'm already pissed because they tell me it was a 5.1hr job but then tell me to double that since they have never done the job before and they will be reading each step as they do it. So I get to be the guinea pig. Hope they don't F* it up.

BuilttoServeRam

Reaction score

Thanks and Sorry to hear that, did you check the part number on the springs ? Mine had the tags on them with the part number and I checked . Not sure how they can get away with saying they are the correct springs and they are not the ORP springs . You paid for something you didn’t get 🤦‍♂️

Ram Ranch

Reaction score
How long did yours take and did they actually give you the paperwork on what was replaced?
Scooby,

My W95 spring recall took 8 hours of labor.
Once my truck was taken apart the dealer discovered they were missing some nuts and bolts.

My paperwork says they ordered:
2 6506557AA Nut-Hex Lock
1 6104264AA Bolt-Hex Lock

BuilttoServeRam

Reaction score
They told me there were a considerable amount of parts being replaced and quoted me at 5.1hrs for the job. Springs were just part of what was supposed to be replaced. I took Monday off from work because they said it would be maybe 8hrs since I would be the first one ever done there. How long did yours take and did they actually give you the paperwork on what was replaced?

Needless to say, I dropped the truck off at 0745 and drove by at 1400 and the truck hadn't moved. I went and talked to the service advisor and asked them what was up. Well apparently there was another vehicle in the bay that was supposed to house mine for the work and until that vehicle was done, mine would not be. I was flippant and took my keys back and came back to get the truck. Told em to reschedule since I cant just take days off at will to be given the runaround. I'm on vacation next week, they can play games on their time not mine.

From what I understand, there were only a few limited trucks that were affected by this recall. I actually got a letter detailing the recall so I went to the dealer to talk about it. The service advisor didn't know anything about it so it sounds like there is a lack of communication from somewhere.

I cant stand being given the runaround these clowns give over the simplest S* that should have been done right the first time. Under my dashboard tab on mopar dot com, it showed the recall but it did not show up on any other recall sites. Good luck to you, I'm already pissed because they tell me it was a 5.1hr job but then tell me to double that since they have never done the job before and they will be reading each step as they do it. So I get to be the guinea pig. Hope they don't F* it up.
Here hope this helps you guys, I searched every part that was replaced on this and it’s just fasteners besides the springs . Mine took 4 hours, I have to say I did push a bit. I scheduled my truck for maintenance and they told me about the recall . I had the bilsteins put on like a week prior and I told them I think they are the right springs but just double check. Well when I went into pick my truck I asked the service manager about the recall and he said I think they are right . Well I checked after I left and they weren’t correct. I contacted them and told them they weren’t the ORP springs and they said they would look into the part numbers I gave them that were on my springs. He said they would get back to me and I didn’t hear anything so I just ended up scheduling it with someone in the service dept. The guy I did speak to did get back to me but I told him I already scheduled it . Here’s the invoice and parts used and the time it took

Attachments

• 08B20DB1-C7B1-4632-B7E0-F58DA6C19E59.jpeg
    08B20DB1-C7B1-4632-B7E0-F58DA6C19E59.jpeg
    382.1 KB · Views: 52

Gorlasar

Reaction score
Can any of you please post up the letter you received in regard to the w95 recall? I can't seem to find it online.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Hi scooby0211,
We sincerely regret hearing of your trouble. Please feel free to keep us updated regarding your situation. If we can be of any additional support while your vehicle is in service, we're just a PM away.

Rob
Ram Cares

BuilttoServeRam

Reaction score
Can any of you please post up the letter you received in regard to the w95 recall? I can't seem to find it online.
Never got a letter, when I scheduled maintenance at my Ram dealership it popped up in the system cause my vin#

Ram Ranch

Reaction score
I only have a photo of mine, apologies that it is not a scan. The dealer took the letter when the recall was performed

Attachments

• 20210519_214137.jpg
    20210519_214137.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 37

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Can you take a picture of your spring tags?

Edit: I was going to cross reference just in case you didn't have the full list but I was able to find it. I'm sure you already have but just triple check with these numbers to make sure. You can also use this as ammo if you want.

1F894491-32EB-4977-80EE-74E393778B4C.jpeg

scooby0211

Reaction score
Scooby,

My W95 spring recall took 8 hours of labor.
Once my truck was taken apart the dealer discovered they were missing some nuts and bolts.

My paperwork says they ordered:
2 6506557AA Nut-Hex Lock
1 6104264AA Bolt-Hex Lock
Thanks for the info. 8 hours is what she told me to expect due to the procedure being never done at this dealership. She said the tech bulletin reported 5.1 hrs. I can live with 8 hours if that's what it indeed will take.
Here hope this helps you guys, I searched every part that was replaced on this and it’s just fasteners besides the springs . Mine took 4 hours, I have to say I did push a bit. I scheduled my truck for maintenance and they told me about the recall . I had the bilsteins put on like a week prior and I told them I think they are the right springs but just double check. Well when I went into pick my truck I asked the service manager about the recall and he said I think they are right . Well I checked after I left and they weren’t correct. I contacted them and told them they weren’t the ORP springs and they said they would look into the part numbers I gave them that were on my springs. He said they would get back to me and I didn’t hear anything so I just ended up scheduling it with someone in the service dept. The guy I did speak to did get back to me but I told him I already scheduled it . Here’s the invoice and parts used and the time it took
Thanks for the invoice. Just curious, did you put the ORP springs back on that were in the recall instead of just keeping the BILs? I think the BILs would have been WAAY better!
You can also view the recall on mopar dot com if you create an account. It is under your dashboard tab.
Hi scooby0211,
We sincerely regret hearing of your trouble. Please feel free to keep us updated regarding your situation. If we can be of any additional support while your vehicle is in service, we're just a PM away.

Rob
Ram Cares
Thanks, I love the truck and hope this is an isolated incident. I felt like I was in an episode of Seinfeld where he goes to rent a car and they don't have one. He says, "Isn't that the reason for a reservation, to make sure a car is available?"

Make an appointment to be told they don't have room for me...like isn't that exactly the reason for an appointment! Then I was told they could have given me a loaner car while my truck was in the shop. I'm like, ok I'll just leave the truck then and take a loaner. Sorry, we don't have loaners today...

Anyways, thanks for reaching out. I will keep you updated if things change.

scooby0211

Reaction score
Can you take a picture of your spring tags?

Edit: I was going to cross reference just in case you didn't have the full list but I was able to find it. I'm sure you already have but just triple check with these numbers to make sure. You can also use this as ammo if you want.

View attachment 94013
Good post, this will come in handy to many more people than @Gorlasar!

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good post, this will come in handy to many more people than @Gorlasar!
Haha I've been on the front lines of this thing here on the forums and on Facebook for a long time. I think I was one of the first to notice here when I was looking up leveling kits. People gotta have what they paid for! Just been collecting information that has helped me or helped others. There have been lots of contributors.

Users who are viewing this thread