5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Built to Serve Thread

Do you own a Built to Serve edition w/ the 0249AC springs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You can only add a 2” level IF you have the Billet silver one ha ha ha. :)

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome @obrien ! I'm also part of the minivan and truck gang lol!

Yes, your truck can be leveled. I did it with the Eibach shocks in my sig. Others have done it with spacers or Bilsteins 5100s. Hope you enjoy your truck!

obrien

Reaction score
@Grape_Ape Dude, the worst thing is that I managed fit all 3 car seats in the truck so wife can use it. That means I will never drive it again... Now I will be man in mid thirties driving empty minivan to work lol

I was looking at 2inch leveling kit from BDS. Great it can be used.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@Grape_Ape Dude, the worst thing is that I managed fit all 3 car seats in the truck so wife can use it. That means I will never drive it again... Now I will be man in mid thirties driving empty minivan to work lol

I was looking at 2inch leveling kit from BDS. Great it can be used.

Haha we have two car seats in the truck as well but I made it explicitly clear that was not her truck to drive everyday! She chose a minivan when she could've had anything.

obrien

Reaction score
By the way I have checked with 3 dealerships (central Texas area) about ordering the BTS to my spec. All were very confident they can do it until they actually tried it. Apparently it throws exception in last step that bts cannot be build to spec. I am not sure if it cannot be ordered anymore or if it was never possible. Also there was exactly 2 Anvil and 1 billet silver in 350 miles radius of Austin. Silver got sold next day before I made a decision and one of Anvil is mine now. They are getting hard to get :)

Pyleketerson

Reaction score
By the way I have checked with 3 dealerships (central Texas area) about ordering the BTS to my spec. All were very confident they can do it until they actually tried it. Apparently it throws exception in last step that bts cannot be build to spec. I am not sure if it cannot be ordered anymore or if it was never possible. Also there was exactly 2 Anvil and 1 billet silver in 350 miles radius of Austin. Silver got sold next day before I made a decision and one of Anvil is mine now. They are getting hard to get :)
This seems to be a common experience. Congrats on your new rig! Cool color.

htownbrewer

Reaction score
Wischnewsky in Huntsville, TX had three silvers when I got one of them on Monday. They said they had been selling a number of them. I'm pretty sure you can't factory order a BTS because I assume they just tool up to run the 1000 builds of each color and shut it down.

obrien

Reaction score
Wischnewsky in Huntsville, TX had three silvers when I got one of them on Monday. They said they had been selling a number of them. I'm pretty sure you can't factory order a BTS because I assume they just tool up to run the 1000 builds of each color and shut it down.
Yes it is nice to have more of a unique truck but it is a pity I could not get all the features I wanted. I would trade 12inch sceen for 8.4 without nav for sunroof and blindspot monitor. But what can you do :)

Btw anyone put topper (like ARE) on the BTS? Any problem with matching the color?

JNavCRNA

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just got an email from Craig at Koons that the ordering window for the BTS editions has opened! Not sure if it’s for this run of Billet and Anvil, or the next run. Shoot him an email if interested.

i had been on his waiting list to order, but I ended up picking up a Billet BTS last Saturday instead. I didn’t want to miss out on my unicorn!

BigAdge

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just got an email from Craig at Koons that the ordering window for the BTS editions has opened! Not sure if it’s for this run of Billet and Anvil, or the next run. Shoot him an email if interested.

i had been on his waiting list to order, but I ended up picking up a Billet BTS last Saturday instead. I didn’t want to miss out on my unicorn!
I just love that I was lucky enough to snatch one of these beasts!

BUFFRAM21

Reaction score

Ram 1500 (DT) - ASG Built to Serve with Flame Red (PR4) or Tank (PGK) is open for ordering

Krootz

Reaction score
Just talked to the RAM dealer here in Ohio (fleet manager) and he’s got 10 at employee pricing. The dude’s selling these under invoice, which from my experience is unheard of.
I’m working a deal for my buddy to get an anvil right now. Here’s his info for anyone looking in Ohio or willing to make the drive.

Corey Weinmann @ Bedford RAM (OH)
(440) 223-5787
Tell him Justin sent you (y)

Hoss2332

Reaction score
Anyone out there put Rebel wheels on a Ceramic Gray yet? I’ve seen a few other colors with the swap but hoping to see this before I pull a guinea pig. In a perfect world I would find the solid black at a fair price. Also, how’s the market on selling BTS wheels with the falkens?

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just talked to the RAM dealer here in Ohio (fleet manager) and he’s got 10 at employee pricing. The dude’s selling these under invoice, which from my experience is unheard of.
I’m working a deal for my buddy to get an anvil right now. Here’s his info for anyone looking in Ohio or willing to make the drive.

Corey Weinmann @ Bedford RAM (OH)
(440) 223-5787
Tell him Justin sent you (y)

Nice deal. I got mine with their affiliate program. It's 1% below invoice + rebates. If you work for a large corporation you may be able to get that as well.

Krootz

Reaction score
I’m in the Army so I guess you could say I work for a “large organization” lol. Unfortunately, the military discount was $500 so I had to work for a deal. Most dealers I talked to about the built to serve RAMs treated them like the new TRXs and wouldn’t even budge from MSRP. I had to get the GM involved at one dealership, because I told them I wouldn’t pay sticker.

Corey worked me a deal for $1000 under invoice and then fought FCA for a top tier finance rate just to get me the best absolute rate even after I told him I was ok with “tier 2.” No other dealership in the state would work a deal on these, must just be the timing because it was in May when the factory was down.

I think it’s easier to get a good deal now that the TRX has the spotlight and supply is back up on the BTS trucks.

Fish4Anything

Reaction score
Picked this Billet Silver BTS up last weekend near Ft Worth. Was about ready to pull the trigger on a Laramie. As I was hem hawin' around about the price they said we have a BTS. Hadn't heard of it. Fell in love instantly. I have the ORP springs.

Attachments

• IMG_20201201_160756.jpg
    IMG_20201201_160756.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 108

obrien

Reaction score
Noob question - I noticed my door sticker calls for 32 psi tire pressure but from dealership the preassure was ~36-38 psi. Did they overpressurized it or do the tires on built to serve call for higher pressure then door sticker?

obrien

Reaction score
They just put the air to it. 32 is what they take. But 36 or 38 will not hurt.
I am in Texas so 38psi pumped in cold winter morning can easily be 40-42 the same day at 3 pm :-D thanks for advice I will get the preassure down a little :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread