5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Built to Serve Thread

Do you own a Built to Serve edition w/ the 0249AC springs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bcwood64

Reaction score
Built: 2/2020 / Purchased: 5/2020
I’m surprised you were able to get one. There were only 17 Gator BTS trucks left when I bought it (dealer search) at the end of May.
You got a Gator BTS right?
Yeah the sales rep and window sticker said Gator color. According to the window sticker it was built on 7/30/20. Maybe thats why it was available? Was built after you were looking.

Last edited:

htownbrewer

Reaction score
The best color IMHO.

My friend with custom build Laramie, which was 15k more expensive then my BTS is low key jealous :)
While I love my Silver, I would have liked to have gotten one of the BTS unique colors, but hey, we all can't be special, right?

Krootz

Reaction score
Yeah the sales rep and window sticker said Gator color. According to the window sticker it was built on 7/30/20. Maybe thats why it was available? Was built after you were looking.
Really glad to see it went to another servicemember, the Gator green color is obviously the best color out there!

obrien

Reaction score
I
While I love my Silver, I would have liked to have gotten one of the BTS unique colors, but hey, we all can't be special, right?
I have almost got silver as well, they sold it as I was negotiating the price lol. I could have had eTorque :-D

I like silver with BTS flat black grill, much more then with night package glose black. It is a nice color, but I do find Anvil better.

Anvil looks like 3 different colors based on sun, blue at midday, grey at evening and sometimes it looks green.

bcwood64

Reaction score
Really glad to see it went to another servicemember, the Gator green color is obviously the best color out there!

Thanks I saw the Gator and said got to have that color, even though I'm Air Force. Color matches very to well where I'm currently deployed too.

obrien

Reaction score
Hi,

Anyone removed the built to serve stickers from the side of the car? Do you have a preferred method, or what do you use to clean the paint from the glue residue?

The reason: I have car for a two weeks now and two independent people have already asked me where have I served. Since I am not a vet I feel like a fraud so I figured I better take it of.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hi,

Anyone removed the built to serve stickers from the side of the car? Do you have a preferred method, or what do you use to clean the paint from the glue residue?

The reason: I have car for a two weeks now and two independent people have already asked me where have I served. Since I am not a vet I feel like a fraud so I figured I better take it of.
Eraser wheel and some adhesive remover for final clean up. But personally, I'd leave the decals on. They are kart of what makes the truck unique. You don't have to feel like an imposter. You are supporting the men and women who do/did serve and that's all you need to tell those people who ask

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Got my custom 3d printed Built to Serve badge in. The gray isn't a good match for Ceramic Gray, so going to get another badge made in all black and use some touch up paint to get it the right color. If anyone wants one, you can order from link below. Owner is an active duty service member who does 3d printing in his spare time. Very good quality product and I don't blame him for color match. He can do other colors if you want

https://www.facebook.com/EnvisionDesignAndPrinting/
received_386259145781565.jpeg

obrien

Reaction score
Eraser wheel and some adhesive remover for final clean up. But personally, I'd leave the decals on. They are kart of what makes the truck unique. You don't have to feel like an imposter. You are supporting the men and women who do/did serve and that's all you need to tell those people who ask
I did not know eraser wheel I will try it out.

Well I figured that if I am gonna miss it I can just buy a new stickers. They are avaliable on mopar (68500062AA)

Rammin BtoS AF

Reaction score
Got my Ceramic Gray(Destroyer Gray) BTS July 28th. Have done several things to it. 2nd day of owning it and had the Borla ATAK installed as well as some patches, shift knob overlay, and in-channel vent visors. Have also added the Husky Liner mud flaps, Gator ETX roll-up tonneau, dealer installed spray in bed liner, taillight tint, and side mirror tint.
What do you mean by tail light tine and side mirror tint? I would like to know more.
Thanks

BransRam1

Reaction score
So random question but are the Black Flag velcro badges SUPPOSED to come with the truck? The ones that are sometimes shown in the pictures? Because I don't have them and I've not been able to find out where I could get some...

bcwood64

Reaction score
So random question but are the Black Flag velcro badges SUPPOSED to come with the truck? The ones that are sometimes shown in the pictures? Because I don't have them and I've not been able to find out where I could get some...
I don't think so, I just think they show those to demonstrate what you can put on the velcro.

You can get the patches off Amazon for 5 or 6 dollars.

FMJ_RN

Reaction score
I did not know eraser wheel I will try it out.

Well I figured that if I am gonna miss it I can just buy a new stickers. They are avaliable on mopar (68500062AA)
I love my BTS 1500 and have the upmost respect for those individuals who served our country, but I had the same concern and ended up removed my flag decals. While it felt unpatriotic removing the decals, I feel much more comfortable knowing that it may discourage any accusations of stolen valor. I gently used a heat gun to remove the decal and goo gone for the remaining residue. It took quite a while and effort to completely remove the residue; if I had to do it again, I would attempt the eraser wheel method.

I'm glad you were able to find the decal part number! I think I'll order a set, in case I ever change my mind or (eventually) decide to sell this truck. 🍻

Last edited:

Rammin BtoS AF

Reaction score
I

I have almost got silver as well, they sold it as I was negotiating the price lol. I could have had eTorque :-D

I like silver with BTS flat black grill, much more then with night package glose black. It is a nice color, but I do find Anvil better.

Anvil looks like 3 different colors based on sun, blue at midday, grey at evening and sometimes it looks green.
This is exactly what I told the sales guy about the Anvil I am negotiating for currently.
Thank you for your service
from an old Army Grunt

Users who are viewing this thread