5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Built to Serve Thread

Do you own a Built to Serve edition w/ the 0249AC springs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Picked this Billet Silver BTS up last weekend near Ft Worth. Was about ready to pull the trigger on a Laramie. As I was hem hawin' around about the price they said we have a BTS. Hadn't heard of it. Fell in love instantly. I have the ORP springs.
Not sure if you removed it, but your truck is missing one of the main items of the BTS Edition. The American Flag decal on the side of the bed.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
They just put the air to it. 32 is what they take. But 36 or 38 will not hurt.
Could lead to uneven tread wear and having to buy new tires sooner if you don't run proper air pressures. The door sticker is just a suggestion. I run 35 in front and 32 in rear

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Could lead to uneven tread wear and having to buy new tires sooner if you don't run proper air pressures. The door sticker is just a suggestion. I run 35 in front and 32 in rear
I was just trying to answer his question as easily as possible.

We go down this rabbit hole we will have one person saying it has to be read with a digital pressure guage out 3 decimals and you need 32.045 and 32.735 front and rear...and then someone will say it has to be nitrogen and someone will say you need to put your winter air in...be sure to drain all the summer air out first.

Pyleketerson

Reaction score
I was just trying to answer his question as easily as possible.

We go down this rabbit hole we will have one person saying it has to be read with a digital pressure guage out 3 decimals and you need 32.045 and 32.735 front and rear...and then someone will say it has to be nitrogen and someone will say you need to put your winter air in...be sure to drain all the summer air out first.
OK, I’ve never heard that last one before :ROFLMAO:

Krootz

Reaction score
Noob question - I noticed my door sticker calls for 32 psi tire pressure but from dealership the preassure was ~36-38 psi. Did they overpressurized it or do the tires on built to serve call for higher pressure then door sticker?
My truck came with the Falken wild peaks and the door sticker says 32 PSI which is running them damn near flat. I kept feeling the rim bottom out on the “bump” leading into my driveway.

I searched the posts on here and saw an addendum in the manual someone posted that listed the Wildpeak PSI at 41 front and 38 rear.

No idea why the door sticker says 32 but at that pressure I’d probably damage the wheels and tires just hitting potholes.

obrien

Reaction score
My truck came with the Falken wild peaks and the door sticker says 32 PSI which is running them damn near flat. I kept feeling the rim bottom out on the “bump” leading into my driveway.

I searched the posts on here and saw an addendum in the manual someone posted that listed the Wildpeak PSI at 41 front and 38 rear.

No idea why the door sticker says 32 but at that pressure I’d probably damage the wheels and tires just hitting potholes.
I releases preassure to 32 and I do not like it neither. I will trust the dealership and put it back to 38 front 36 rear.

Weird with the sticker... I usually trust it on the cars

Krootz

Reaction score
I releases preassure to 32 and I do not like it neither. I will trust the dealership and put it back to 38 front 36 rear.

Weird with the sticker... I usually trust it on the cars
That’s still low if you’re running falkens. A lot of members claim the outside tread is wearing out way to quickly, which is what happens when you run the air pressure too low.

I actually set my fronts at 42 and rear at 39. After 10K miles my tread wear was dead even all the way across on the front and rear.

obrien

Reaction score
That’s still low if you’re running falkens. A lot of members claim the outside tread is wearing out way to quickly, which is what happens when you run the air pressure too low.

I actually set my fronts at 42 and rear at 39. After 10K miles my tread wear was dead even all the way across on the front and rear.
Ok thanks for the advice! I will trust the crowd and increase it.

Does anyone know where can I find the manual amendment?

Krootz

Reaction score
Ok thanks for the advice! I will trust the crowd and increase it.

Does anyone know where can I find the manual amendment?
I looked for it again and can’t track it down. This was back in May when I first bought the truck though.

obrien

Reaction score
I looked for it again and can’t track it down. This was back in May when I first bought the truck though.
I tried to google without success. It is fine though, I will pump it up a little more

bcwood64

Reaction score
Hey guys awesome topic, been doing a lot of reading about the BTS. I'm currently deployed to East Africa and put money down on a 2020 Gator BTS 1500. Purchasing through MAS. I was just curious of how worried should I be about getting the ORG springs or not? I assumed part of the BTS package was to include the ORG shocks and springs. I have attached the build sheet for others to check out.

In short its a 2020 Gator, 5.7, Crew Cab with 5'7 box, 12' Uconnect, Pano Sunroof, Trailer Group, Bed Package, Tonnau Cover, Multi-Function Tailgate, Mopar Spray In Bedliner, 33 gallon tank and 3.92 rear gear ratio.

Was able to get to the window sticker and if I'm reading it right, says a build day of 7-30?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1E9UEM0zQzh9gF_qoLUIm-61FE4bD1-Thgwa482P2MK4/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited:

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey guys awesome topic, been doing a lot of reading about the BTS. I'm currently deployed to East Africa and put money down on a 2020 Gator BTS 1500. Purchasing through MAS. I was just curious of how worried should I be about getting the ORG springs or not? I assumed part of the BTS package was to include the ORG shocks and springs. I have attached the build sheet for others to check out.

In short its a 2020 Gator, 5.7, Crew Cab with 5'7 box, 12' Uconnect, Pano Sunroof, Trailer Group, Bed Package, Tonnau Cover, Multi-Function Tailgate, Mopar Spray In Bedliner, 33 gallon tank and 3.92 rear gear ratio.

Was able to get to the window sticker and if I'm reading it right, says a build day of 7-30?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1E9UEM0zQzh9gF_qoLUIm-61FE4bD1-Thgwa482P2MK4/edit?usp=sharing

We can't see your window sticker. It says access is denied.

If you got a 4x4 BTS and you're expecting the off road group package then imo you should be worried about the springs. It's not a big deal to get them changed anymore. I'd wager there have been 100+ trucks that have had it fixed now between our group here and Facebook. Seems like the latest release (Anvil and Silver) aren't affected by the spring issue. Anything before may be.

bcwood64

Reaction score
We can't see your window sticker. It says access is denied.

If you got a 4x4 BTS and you're expecting the off road group package then imo you should be worried about the springs. It's not a big deal to get them changed anymore. I'd wager there have been 100+ trucks that have had it fixed now between our group here and Facebook. Seems like the latest release (Anvil and Silver) aren't affected by the spring issue. Anything before may be.

Here is the window sticker.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-12-14 at 01.34.32.png
    Screenshot 2020-12-14 at 01.34.32.png
    662.4 KB · Views: 47

Krootz

Reaction score
I got an appointment to get my ORP springs put back on Wednesday. Debbie was awesome and straightened everything out with the dealership. If you find that you didn’t get the ORP version springs, we can give you her contact info

bcwood64

Reaction score
I got an appointment to get my ORP springs put back on Wednesday. Debbie was awesome and straightened everything out with the dealership. If you find that you didn’t get the ORP version springs, we can give you her contact info

That be awesome, if you don't mind me asking when was the build date for yours?

Krootz

Reaction score
That be awesome, if you don't mind me asking when was the build date for yours?
Built: 2/2020 / Purchased: 5/2020
I’m surprised you were able to get one. There were only 17 Gator BTS trucks left when I bought it (dealer search) at the end of May.
You got a Gator BTS right?

obrien

Reaction score
FYI I bought mine (Anvil) in December, I believe it was built in September and springs are ok

Users who are viewing this thread