5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Built to Serve Thread

Do you own a Built to Serve edition w/ the 0249AC springs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rambts

Reaction score
I think this confirms what we've all been seeing (reduce ride height) vs. the ORG optioned trucks.

CJR28

Reaction score
The ORP springs cost around $300 for all four.

puba08

Reaction score
Hopefully They step up and correct your trucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

AZHUND

Reaction score
Wish I didn't see this thread, now I feel obligated to go measure my truck but afraid what I will find out. Dumb part is I am/was happy with the ride height and ride quality, but if I find out I got "ripped off" with non ORP springs I will suddenly not be happy... so really guys, thanks.

rambts

Reaction score
Wish I didn't see this thread, now I feel obligated to go measure my truck but afraid what I will find out. Dumb part is I am/was happy with the ride height and ride quality, but if I find out I got "ripped off" with non ORP springs I will suddenly not be happy... so really guys, thanks.

love my truck too....ride quality is great. but not having the extra 1" clearance that I paid for (one of the main reasons I chose the BTS) doesnt sit well with me.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
BUILT TO SERVE EDITION
CODEDESCRIPTION
ASGBuilt-to-Serve Edition
SFDPFront Extra HD Shock Absorbers
SGDPRear Extra HD Shock Absorbers
ZADPSpring Front Left
ZPSPSpring Front Right
ZBSPSpring Left Rear
ZNDPSpring Right Front
XZNPRaised Ride Height
Off Road Package Truck
CODEDESCRIPTION
MPDPOff-Road Decals
SFDPFront Extra HD Shock Absorbers
SGDPRear Extra HD Shock Absorbers
ZBCPSpring - Left Front
ZPCPSpring - Right Front
ZCWPSpring - Left Rear
ZRWPSpring - Right Rear
XZNPRaised Ride Height

I'd be interested in seeing what the north edition option codes look like.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you're happy with it then don't worry with it. The reason why it matters is in case you're looking at leveling your truck. I purchased UCAs because I thought I had the ORP springs and was getting 3" of total lift over a stock truck. Since I don't have the springs I could've saved that $120 and just did the level. So now I'm stuck with either getting the right springs or trying to sell the UCAs.

rambts

Reaction score
I found a north edition with off road group package and ran the VIN and the build sheet shows the exact same thing....

2020-09-08 17_48_31-Inbox - JDubois@evansonline.com - Outlook.png
2020-09-08 17_49_32-Equipment Listing and 4 more pages - Profile 1 - Microsoft​ Edge.png

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I found a north edition with off road group package and ran the VIN and the build sheet shows the exact same thing....

Right but compared to his options code list the springs are different for the ORP and BTS. So I was wanting to see that for the north edition. If it has identical springs to the ORP then we know we're getting shafted or maybe they use a different code for all three of the "off road packages"

rambts

Reaction score
Right but compared to his options code list the springs are different for the ORP and BTS. So I was wanting to see that for the north edition. If it has identical springs to the ORP then we know we're getting shafted or maybe they use a different code for all three of the "off road packages"

ahh gotcha, I see what you mean. I didnt initially notice the different codes on the springs

TTown77

Reaction score
Follow up: I have a call into RamCare, they opened a case, will review and advise. Stay tuned for more.

AZHUND

Reaction score
And looks like I am also an inch shorter than supposed to be... I was kind of relieved it slid into the garage when my online math said it was going to be a tight fit (garage has a decent "lip" to get into and the door doesn't go up all the way...). But yeah, now wondering if I care it is not able to clear 1 more inch of rock or not. Will be following.

CJR28

Reaction score
Im with you, besides a few minor issues *cough Rambox alignment cough*, i am very happy with my truck overall. I did however notice when I first got my truck that it sat really low. When I traded in my Stock 17 Express both trucks were side by side and my BTS was significantly lower. I dont go extreme off roading but I need a truck thats high enough to get me through the woods for hunting trips and the Northeast winters and the fact that this truck supposedly came with the ORP and a “raised height” was a factor in my purchasing.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If you're happy with it then don't worry with it. The reason why it matters is in case you're looking at leveling your truck. I purchased UCAs because I thought I had the ORP springs and was getting 3" of total lift over a stock truck. Since I don't have the springs I could've saved that $120 and just did the level. So now I'm stuck with either getting the right springs or trying to sell the UCAs.
You could still use the UCAs as they are still probably better than stock for ball joint geometry with a level, even on a non-ORG truck.

Pyleketerson

Reaction score
I’m picking up mine this week. Will take a good hard look at it. If the ORG springs aren’t in the package I won’t take ownership until we have an agreement. Will report back! Thanks everyone for your input. This forum is great.

CJR28

Reaction score
I’m picking up mine this week. Will take a good hard look at it. If the ORG springs aren’t in the package I won’t take ownership until we have an agreement. Will report back! Thanks everyone for your input. This forum is great.
Check the part number on both the front and rear springs and also what shocks are equipped on the truck. What most of us have seen are stock springs with the ORP shocks.

targetpanic

Reaction score
Just had the lift/level put in yesterday. Readylift 2” front tophat spacer with new UCAs and 1” rear motofab. Fender heights were 38” front and 40” rear. After the install they are 39 7/8” front and 40 7/8” rear. I wanted a little rake, true level looks a little nose high to me.
3001E1EA-E725-4FD0-AD9A-56C67B40AC80.jpeg 6BB68FD7-45CA-4A5D-AA18-C2FC813F211F.jpeg B5D16F93-8FC1-47AC-8BF4-1599EC69AFD4.jpeg

CJR28

Reaction score
I received an email from ram cc earlier today. The lady who is doing my case said she is waiting to talk to the service director at my dealership. Hopefully i hear more tomorrow

Alejandro_Andretti

Reaction score
This is what joe from ram sent me about this issue. “According to available information, the XZN Raised Ride Height sales code applies to vehicles that require a a different mount during the build process when extra clearance is required due to such things as 20" wheels being selected. It is not an option that is selected when ordering the vehicle, rather it is determined to be needed by the options on the vehicle during the build process”

Users who are viewing this thread