5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Built to Serve Thread

Do you own a Built to Serve edition w/ the 0249AC springs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CJR28

Reaction score
or 36.5 front 38.5 rear
Just measured my truck and im 36 1/8 front and 38 3/8 rear so im not too far off from you. Can someone who has the springs from factory confirm what numbers a equipped truck has?

CJR28

Reaction score
This is what I was thinking that possibly our trucks came with the off road shocks and accidentally equipped with stock springs. Ill check my shocks tonight to see.

rambts

Reaction score
This is what I was thinking that possibly our trucks came with the off road shocks and accidentally equipped with stock springs. Ill check my shocks tonight to see.

I think I saw a couple of posts from other BTS owners that had the proper ORP springs.

i believe (according to other posts) that the ORP spring part numbers are:

Front Spring - 68320249AB

Rear Spring - 68262684AB

I definitely have the ORP shocks, but not the ORP springs.

CJR28

Reaction score
I think I saw a couple of posts from other BTS owners that had the proper ORP springs.

i believe (according to other posts) that the ORP spring part numbers are:

Front Spring - 68320249AB

Rear Spring - 68262684AB

I definitely have the ORP shocks, but not the ORP springs.
Thats what Im wondering if I have, just the ORG shocks. I checked the springs and realized mine were stock, didnt really care about the shocks because they're going in the dumpster in a few days lol. Now once I figure out how Im going to take care of this spring issue, i need to figure out what setting im going to go with on my 5100s. Im thinking either 3 or 4 to try and keep some rake.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The extra hd shocks have the green tag. They're identical in height to the regular shocks. The regular shocks have red tags.

CJR28

Reaction score
The extra hd shocks have the green tag. They're identical in height to the regular shocks. The regular shocks have red tags.
Do the HD shocks add any lift to the truck?

BigAdge

Reaction score
I believe that is right, I'm also planning on going with the Bilstein 5100s on level 3 or 4 to maintain some rake but add an inch on my front. Anyone know the height added on 3/4? 5 is supposed to be right at 2 inches and make it level.

Pyleketerson

Reaction score
The BTS no longer has the ORP springs on the build. I just checked.

CJR28

Reaction score
The BTS no longer has the ORP springs on the build. I just checked.
On the website builder? It never did. It states it comes with the ORG

Attachments

• 65CE52C0-F63E-402D-B517-A00095EC1EC2.jpeg
    65CE52C0-F63E-402D-B517-A00095EC1EC2.jpeg
    99.6 KB · Views: 45

CJR28

Reaction score
I believe that is right, I'm also planning on going with the Bilstein 5100s on level 3 or 4 to maintain some rake but add an inch on my front. Anyone know the height added on 3/4? 5 is supposed to be right at 2 inches and make it level.
#3 is 1”, #4 is 1.5” however some claim that theyve had bigger than advertised gains. I have read that the higher you go the stiffer the ride.

Attachments

• F2DBAC7B-7BDE-4BD4-A0F7-B91726D0BC9A.jpeg
    F2DBAC7B-7BDE-4BD4-A0F7-B91726D0BC9A.jpeg
    74.2 KB · Views: 43

puba08

Reaction score
I just installed the 2” motofab spacers and the ride really has not changed (I’m still on stock wildpeaks). I had the bilsteins on my 4th Gen set at 2.8 with 35” MT’s and it was a little smoother. We shall see if new tires amplify the motofabs ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CJR28

Reaction score
I just installed the 2” motofab spacers and the ride really has not changed (I’m still on stock wildpeaks). I had the bilsteins on my 4th Gen set at 2.8 with 35” MT’s and it was a little smoother. We shall see if new tires amplify the motofabs ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Im leaning towards #4 and im throwing 5160s on the rear. Ill swap out the 5100s with 6112s when theyre released. Originally I was aiming for a lift but I dont want to go too crazy with the overall geometry of the truck, so ill probably raise the front 1”-1.5” and leave the rear alone. I did remove the front active air damn and trim and it greatly increased my ground clearance.

rambts

Reaction score
From everything I've seen people say the ORG springs are physically 1" longer than the non ORG. The shocks do not add any lift.
this is true, the springs are longer (i confirmed on a buddies truck this weekend). and the shocks do not provide any lift whatsoever, you can compress them with body weight.

This is what I want to rectify before I venture down the road of any additional lift options. Id much rather have the springs provide the additional lift. I came from the jeep offroading world where shock travel (compression and droop) need to be maximized for articulation so we always let the springs provide the lift and size the shock length appropriately. unless im wrong (i could very well be), by adjusting the 5100 perch up, you would limit the ability of the shock to droop by the same amount? meaning you lift the truck 2" but you risk topping out the shock(strut) during droop? now that being said, my BTS will never go places my jeep did, but I would think the same suspension concepts would apply to keep the shock/strut travel at its optimum position of travel? often I would see limiting straps installed to prevent the springs from popping out during droop because the shock length of travel was enough to surpass the unsprung length.

I guess what it really comes down to , is that I paid money for the ORG springs and shocks and didnt get both. Im hoping they will replace the springs but probably wont know until later in the week. ill report back once I hear from the dealership.

CJR28

Reaction score
this is true, the springs are longer (i confirmed on a buddies truck this weekend). and the shocks do not provide any lift whatsoever, you can compress them with body weight.

This is what I want to rectify before I venture down the road of any additional lift options. Id much rather have the springs provide the additional lift. I came from the jeep offroading world where shock travel (compression and droop) need to be maximized for articulation so we always let the springs provide the lift and size the shock length appropriately. unless im wrong (i could very well be), by adjusting the 5100 perch up, you would limit the ability of the shock to droop by the same amount? meaning you lift the truck 2" but you risk topping out the shock(strut) during droop? now that being said, my BTS will never go places my jeep did, but I would think the same suspension concepts would apply to keep the shock/strut travel at its optimum position of travel? often I would see limiting straps installed to prevent the springs from popping out during droop because the shock length of travel was enough to surpass the unsprung length.

I guess what it really comes down to , is that I paid money for the ORG springs and shocks and didnt get both. Im hoping they will replace the springs but probably wont know until later in the week. ill report back once I hear from the dealership.
Great post and I agree with the last part totally. We paid for a truck which was suppose to come with the ORP springs and shocks and it didnt. Im not giving up this one easy. Tomorrow ill check with the dealership and hopefully RAM CC gets in touch with me.

rambts

Reaction score
Great post and I agree with the last part totally. We paid for a truck which was suppose to come with the ORP springs and shocks and it didnt. Im not giving up this one easy. Tomorrow ill check with the dealership and hopefully RAM CC gets in touch with me.

Im very curious to find out what you hear, im not unhappy with my truck, it rides amazing. I just dont think I should have to spend MORE money to compensate for something I should have had from the start.

CJR28

Reaction score
Im very curious to find out what you hear, im not unhappy with my truck, it rides amazing. I just dont think I should have to spend MORE money to compensate for something I should have had from the start.
Exactly, i am very happy with my truck but i could use the extra ground clearance.

Pyleketerson

Reaction score
On the website builder? It never did. It states it comes with the ORG

ORG comes with 1” taller springs. “Increased ride height” is no longer on the build, but the HD shock absorbers are. ORG should include both.

Users who are viewing this thread