5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Built to Serve Thread

Do you own a Built to Serve edition w/ the 0249AC springs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Krootz

Reaction score
Did some time on LI couple years back in the Army. Lived in Suffolk close to the north shore in Selden, worked in Patchogue and Bay Shore.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Check Walmart. Their cheaper there right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
If you ha e a discount tire or America's tire near by, they will price match anyone

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have you measured how big the error is?

That would answer any questions you may have.

275/65r20 - would be 32mph when the speedo says 30. 74mph at 70.

obrien

Reaction score
Has anyone checked if tuffy lock box can be changed or upgraded? I would love to have pin or fingerprint lock on it. Probably overkill but it would be a nice upgrade

Krootz

Reaction score
I just use it when I’m not in the truck. When I get in I strap up my CCW and then lock it all back up when I’m done. If you wait until something pops off to get to it, it’s too late. That’s my thought anyway.

obrien

Reaction score
I just use it when I’m not in the truck. When I get in I strap up my CCW and then lock it all back up when I’m done. If you wait until something pops off to get to it, it’s too late. That’s my thought anyway.
I am not looking for quick draw from lockbox. I just hate keys :) having keypad or fingerprint scanner would be much more convenient.

soSincerious

Reaction score
I am not looking for quick draw from lockbox. I just hate keys :) having keypad or fingerprint scanner would be much more convenient.

LOL wow talk about premium luxury features! I'd like to have mine be semi autonomous too while we're at it :cool:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone checked if tuffy lock box can be changed or upgraded? I would love to have pin or fingerprint lock on it. Probably overkill but it would be a nice upgrade
Could probably contact Tuffy and ask them

Jhall

Reaction score
No new Anvil or Billet Silver owners coming forward yet? Curious how pricing will be since deals in general seem to have tightened up. Might go looking this weekend.

And apparently do some crawling under to verify springs and shocks. Curious if this next batch is coming out washed of Your guys’ spring-gate.
Just picked up my 21 BTS bullet silver. Will post pics when I have better weather.

Jackob2545

Reaction score
I'm looking to get some feedback from anyone who has done a similar setup on the BTS. I have the Bilstein 5100 springs front and rear along with BDS front upper control arms I will be installing with the stock correct ORP springs on my BTS. I will setting the front 5100's to 5th setting to achieve a level. I really like the factory wheels as they are unique to the truck but want a larger tire with bigger side walls as I will be doing a decent bit of overlanding. have seen mixed info on 35x12.5 tires on the stock wheels. Although I love the beefy look of the 35x12.5 tires I would like to avoid any rubbing or need for trimming with my given suspension plan. Recommendations on the best tire choice for my plan and usage would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Ram.jpg
    Ram.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 81

obrien

Reaction score
Based on my research, with stock BTS suspension and 2" leveling kit the 34.1 inch tires (275/65r20) should fit without any issues. I have the Federal Xplora RT ordered so I can confirm in few days.

Jackob2545

Reaction score
@obrien Which 2" leveling option are you using? Good to know on the 275/65r20's that might be the perfect size for what I'm looking to achieve. Here are the pictures I currently have, don't do the best job showing the 6'4" bed but I can get some more here shortly!

Attachments

• Ram.jpg
    Ram.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 83
  • Ram-1.jpg
    Ram-1.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 84
  • Ram-2.jpg
    Ram-2.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 87
  • Ram-4.jpg
    Ram-4.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 83

puba08

Reaction score
@obrien Which 2" leveling option are you using? Good to know on the 275/65r20's that might be the perfect size for what I'm looking to achieve. Here are the pictures I currently have, don't do the best job showing the 6'4" bed but I can get some more here shortly!

Beautiful Truck! Bilstein or Eibach shocks set to @ 2” would be you best riding option. Paired with the 1” lift from the ORP springs will net you @ 3”. Don’t bother with spacers, I thought the ride was awful. 275/65’s fit perfect BTW. I don’t see how 35/12.5’s would clear OEM UCA’s on stock rims. I have about 3/4” clearance w/ 275/65’s on stock rims with Zone UCA’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread