5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Built to Serve Thread

Do you own a Built to Serve edition w/ the 0249AC springs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I will be changing my 2021 NavyEdt login due to the factory or the dealership screwed up my order and there will be no Navy edition coming for me. Very disappointed as the reason I was getting the Patriot Blue was the blackout which you can't order normally. Only BTS patriot blue was available. BUT...low and behold the 2021 "Limited" Night edition comes in Patriot Blue. So the dealership expedited the order, already have the Vin#. Should be here in 4 weeks according to the dealership. We'll see. I attached the factory picture. it's loaded, all the toys.
The Patriot Blue BTS was a 2020 model and dont think it could be custom ordered

CJR28

Reaction score
The dealership provided a Patriot Blue Bighorn as a loaner and all i have to say I am jealous of those who scored a Patriot Blue BTS, it really is a great color and doesn't show dirt like my black BTS

Fishwiz

Reaction score
The dealership provided a Patriot Blue Bighorn as a loaner and all i have to say I am jealous of those who scored a Patriot Blue BTS, it really is a great color and doesn't show dirt like my black BTS
If the black is harder to keep clean than the patriot blue I would NEVER have a clean black truck. I love my patriot blue, but it's the most difficult color too keep clean that I've ever had.

(I have had several white trucks and a bright blue one, so this is my first dark color in a long time).

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

c0mbatVet

Reaction score
If the black is harder to keep clean than the patriot blue I would NEVER have a clean black truck. I love my patriot blue, but it's the most difficult color too keep clean that I've ever had.

(I have had several white trucks and a bright blue one, so this is my first dark color in a long time).

My black looks dirty 30 minutes after I'm done thoroughly detailing it, before I even leave the driveway. Wish I scored a Ceramic Gray.

Fishwiz

Reaction score
I just feel lucky to be part of the BTS club. I wasn't even searching for a BTS... It is simply the truck that happen to meet my specs and price. I had to drive 9 hours each way to get it, but it was very worth it.

Now that I have a BTS, the only way I'd consider a different RAM, is if I found a deal on an ultra-nice Limited. That's not happening for me, so I'll love this truck for a while.

Right before I bought it, I was concerned that it could look like stolen valor (I have not served), especially because I love in an Air Force town and am very involved in civilian-military organisations. But with covid, our meetings and events are very limited, so I haven't been able to show off of truck much at all... Maybe things will get better someday

Last edited:

Pyleketerson

Reaction score
My black looks dirty 30 minutes after I'm done thoroughly detailing it, before I even leave the driveway. Wish I scored a Ceramic Gray.
That was the determining factor I went with ceramic gray. Took a month to find one. My previous 5th gen (yes, I’m on my second) was granite crystal and that charcoal color was tough to keep looking clean.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just feel lucky to be part of the BTS club. I wasn't even searching for a BTS... It is simply the truck that happen to meet my specs and price. I had to drive 9 hours each way to get it, but it was very worth it.

Now that I have a BTS, the only way I'd consider a different RAM, is if I bought found a deal on an ultra-nice Limited. That's not happening for me, so I'll love this truck for a while.

Right before I bought it, I was concerned that it could look like stolen valor (I have not served), especially because I love in an Air Force town and am very involved in civilian-military organisations. But with covid, our meetings and events are very limited, so I haven't been able to show off of truck much at all... Maybe things will get better someday

On the cleaning - yea my black truck is awful. I clean it thoroughly and it's dirty as soon as I drive it. I love it but I'll never own another one.

On the BTS - I feel the same way. I absolutely love the truck. I think my next one will be a limited if I stick with Ram but my BTS w/ the level 2 package makes me completely uninterested in anything other than a limited. I'd like ventilated seats and proximity door handles but I can add the door handles if I chose to. I know our grill is actually a tradesman grill but I think it looks better than the normal BH/Laramie grills. I also had my reservations because I'm not a veteran either but noone has cared. I'm not disrespectful, I love our country, and I respect the hell out of anyone who served. The fact that you worry about it tells me you're similar. So don't worry. Enjoy your truck!

Fishwiz

Reaction score
On the cleaning - yea my black truck is awful. I clean it thoroughly and it's dirty as soon as I drive it. I love it but I'll never own another one.

On the BTS - I feel the same way. I absolutely love the truck. I think my next one will be a limited if I stick with Ram but my BTS w/ the level 2 package makes me completely uninterested in anything other than a limited. I'd like ventilated seats and proximity door handles but I can add the door handles if I chose to. I know our grill is actually a tradesman grill but I think it looks better than the normal BH/Laramie grills. I also had my reservations because I'm not a veteran either but noone has cared. I'm not disrespectful, I love our country, and I respect the hell out of anyone who served. The fact that you worry about it tells me you're similar. So don't worry. Enjoy your truck!
I agree that those are the only two options I'd like in addition to my truck (at least that's all I'm aware of, so I definitely don't want to spend time driving a limited to discover the world of expensive things). I'm in the process of adding the passive entry, so that list of wants gets a little shorter.

Having patriot blue is a huge bonus if you're adding passive entry so you can have color matched handles.

Pyleketerson

Reaction score
Is adding passive entry expensive? I owned a Laramie until a couple months ago and found I actually miss that feature. Seems I always have my hands full and my keys are in my pocket lol

Aceracer

Reaction score

I personally don’t think that anyone driving/owning a BTS is or would be considered “Stolen Valor”. As a veteran having served for more than 24 years, I think it’s very cool that FCA built the trucks and that so many like and want them. I love mine and wasn’t looking for one when I found mine, but I am so very glad that I did and wouldn’t have it any other way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fishwiz

Reaction score
Is adding passive entry expensive? I owned a Laramie until a couple months ago and found I actually miss that feature. Seems I always have my hands full and my keys are in my pocket lol
Several great people on this forum figured it all out. There are complete threads with what you need to order and how to install.

I'm about $430 into it, and I think that's all it will cost me, but I haven't jumped into the install yet. This included everything needed because I didn't have anything like the OBD reader or the software (alfaobd) already. If you have those, your cost will be lower.

CJR28

Reaction score
I wasn’t looking for a BTS when i found mine, just saw the dealer was getting a truck that had the specs i wanted. When it arrived they didnt have a clue what it was. You don’t need to be active/retired military to own a BTS, and it hardly qualifies as “stolen valor”. I am neither military or retired(I am a first responder) but multiple generations of my family and close friends of mine have served. Above all the most important thing is to support our country(Canada too for our brothers up north) and our troops despite all of the madness going on today.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Having patriot blue is a huge bonus if you're adding passive entry so you can have color matched handles.

Same for us with Diamond Black. The other colors could probably use the diamond black handles and get away with it though.

Yea, mine wasn't so much the stolen valor part of it as it was I didn't want to look like some tacticool loser.

CJR28

Reaction score
Spring-Gate Update: You guys are going to love this. I get my truck back from the dealership, get home, turn the wheel to the side to see the spring and it’s the same Non-ORP spring. The dealership installed the same exact springs(0236AB) that were already on the truck. I didnt notice at the dealership because they also installed the 5100s, 5160s and tires(275/65R20 Duratracs) which totally changed the stance of the truck. Ive already reached out to Debbie and she responded fast and is looking into it. Kind of at a loss here LOL

Last edited:

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We've discussed it elsewhere but that's **** poor. Unfortunately I've heard FCA dealerships are some of the worst and I feel like we're getting first hand experience with that.

Post of some pictures! I've gotta decide what kind of tires I'll end up with.

CJR28

Reaction score
We've discussed it elsewhere but that's **** poor. Unfortunately I've heard FCA dealerships are some of the worst and I feel like we're getting first hand experience with that.

Post of some pictures! I've gotta decide what kind of tires I'll end up with.
Yeah its definitely disappointing, ill post some pictures once I wash the truck its filthy at the moment. The tires easily gave me over an inch of lift. I was concerned about them looking too skinny but they look fine. I wanted to go with the 285/60R20s but theyre on backorder so I said screw it, if i dont like them ill sell them but im happy

Alejandro_Andretti

Reaction score
Spring-Gate Update: You guys are going to love this. I get my truck back from the dealership, get home, turn the wheel to the side to see the spring and it’s the same Non-ORP spring. The dealership installed the same exact springs(0236AB) that were already on the truck. I didnt notice at the dealership because they also installed the 5100s, 5160s and tires(275/65R20 Duratracs) which totally changed the stance of the truck. Ive already reached out to Debbie and she responded fast and is looking into it. Kind of at a loss here LOL
Wtf that’s Wild! They didn’t even bother to rips th tags off or nothing. I’m taking mine in on Monday to get my springs inspected and once done I’ll ask to see the new springs and also if I can keep the. Old ones cause why not lol

CJR28

Reaction score
Didn’t get around to washing the truck yet but as promised
Before:
A63A7A3C-AD18-41B4-B2D0-F961969D29FA.jpeg

After:
8EF3CFF9-D25A-4AE0-A721-69AB88A209C1.jpeg
Bilstein 5100 on setting #4, Rear 5160s and tires are Goodyear Duratracs 275/65R20(34s), still on stock springs :rolleyes:

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That first picture almost looks like you have the proper springs just based on the stance of the truck.

CJR28

Reaction score
That first picture almost looks like you have the proper springs just based on the stance of the truck.
The front air dam delete and camera angle are probably the cause but i had the 0239AB springs on then too

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online