5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Built to Serve Thread

Do you own a Built to Serve edition w/ the 0249AC springs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BransRam1

Reaction score
I'm thinking there is something to the first wave /second wave theory. Ceramics all have it so far, curious if anyone with blue can comment.
I have a Patriot Blue that I purchased in September of this year. And I have the AC label Coil Spring Label.jpg

BransRam1

Reaction score
I have this guy just itching to get Mods. But I can't decide if I go with new wheels and tires or just keep the BTS rims. They are pretty slick. But this is my stock photo just after I got it. Since then it has been Leveled and has a tint. The tires and wheels are sitting in my basement waiting on me to pull the trigger or sell them....

20200920_132333.jpg 20201022_155523.jpg 20201022_155909.jpg 20201022_155850.jpg

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ugh I really like the patriot blue models. Great looking truck @BransRam1! I vote keeping the stock wheels since they are special edition but hey, it’s your truck! Either way I am sure it will look awesome!

CJR28

Reaction score
I have this guy just itching to get Mods. But I can't decide if I go with new wheels and tires or just keep the BTS rims. They are pretty slick. But this is my stock photo just after I got it. Since then it has been Leveled and has a tint. The tires and wheels are sitting in my basement waiting on me to pull the trigger or sell them....

View attachment 72544 View attachment 72545 View attachment 72546 View attachment 72547
What size are those tires? I opted to keep the BTS wheels, I think they added some uniqueness to the truck. Plus the technical gray looks awesome with the Patriot Blue

BransRam1

Reaction score
What size are those tires? I opted to keep the BTS wheels, I think they added some uniqueness to the truck. Plus the technical gray looks awesome with the Patriot Blue
Some Monster 35x12.5x20s. Word is from a couple of tire places this morning, they won't fit. I have a 2"motofab level in front. But I've seen some posts that say the WILL fit with some trimming. So I'm really torn. If I risk it and mount a tire/wheel... then I can't resell the tires as new. So I'm like AAAAARRGGHH what to do what to dooooo... I really want the beefy size of the 35s.

CJR28

Reaction score
Some Monster 35x12.5x20s. Word is from a couple of tire places this morning, they won't fit. I have a 2"motofab level in front. But I've seen some posts that say the WILL fit with some trimming. So I'm really torn. If I risk it and mount a tire/wheel... then I can't resell the tires as new. So I'm like AAAAARRGGHH what to do what to dooooo... I really want the beefy size of the 35s.
Im wondering if they will get too close to the UCAs. Another member fit 295/65R20s on his BTS with just a level.

cjpofd

Reaction score
Spring-Gate Update: You guys are going to love this. I get my truck back from the dealership, get home, turn the wheel to the side to see the spring and it’s the same Non-ORP spring. The dealership installed the same exact springs(0236AB) that were already on the truck. I didnt notice at the dealership because they also installed the 5100s, 5160s and tires(275/65R20 Duratracs) which totally changed the stance of the truck. Ive already reached out to Debbie and she responded fast and is looking into it. Kind of at a loss here LOL
Wow! Sorry to hear that. That’s brutal. Hopefully it’s handled quickly and correctly. Obviously, that should never happen.

CJR28

Reaction score
Looks great. It’ll look even better when the handle your springs correctly.
Thanks, the service manager and Debbie are both aware of the problem and its going to be fixed. So far the truck looks, drives and handles great. I havent noticed a drop in Mpg’s either yet. I was worried that the 275/65s would look skinny but they look awesome in person, cant wait to get them offroad and take them through the snow

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Get your butt over to https://www.customwheeloffset.com/ all your questions can be answered looking at the gallery for fitments. If your levelled you will have minimal rub on inner thin plastic liner small amount or trimming from my research. When you look at a particular vehicle (there’s tons of 19-20 Rams) scroll down and there’s answered questions about fitment if rubs or not etc.
good luck

TTown77

Reaction score
BTS WHEEL/TIRE QUESTION

Has anyone put a set of rebel wheels and tires on BTS? - Thinking of getting a set and powder coating the polished parts of the wheel to match the OEM BTS wheels. Black Ram center caps and lug covers. Going with power wagon sized 285/70/17 tires and a leveling kit. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CJR28

Reaction score
BTS WHEEL/TIRE QUESTION

Has anyone put a set of rebel wheels and tires on BTS? - Thinking of getting a set and powder coating the polished parts of the wheel to match the OEM BTS wheels. Black Ram center caps and lug covers. Going with power wagon sized 285/70/17 tires and a leveling kit. Any thoughts?

Havent seen it on the forums yet but im sure it would look good, I debated with buying a set on rebel takeoffs for winter but ultimately decided on keeping the stock 20’s and upgrading the tires

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
BTS WHEEL/TIRE QUESTION

I think someone has in this thread. Could be mistaken.

1603570804006.png
This is from the BTS Facebook group.

BransRam1

Reaction score
Get your butt over to https://www.customwheeloffset.com/ all your questions can be answered looking at the gallery for fitments. If your levelled you will have minimal rub on inner thin plastic liner small amount or trimming from my research. When you look at a particular vehicle (there’s tons of 19-20 Rams) scroll down and there’s answered questions about fitment if rubs or not etc.
good luck
Thanks! I'm on it!

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, I finally got my correct springs installed as well as the Eibach height adjustable shocks. I really like them. The handling feels much more controlled and bumps feel better. Ride is a little stiffer but I prefer it. Top photo is today after the install. Then there's a picture of my truck next to what I think is a stock rebel.
43C92310-662B-4596-B4E5-F43281778E32.jpeg
D28D6170-1A8B-425F-ACDE-EE47DB8E2F24.jpeg

CJR28

Reaction score
Well, I finally got my correct springs installed as well as the Eibach height adjustable shocks. I really like them. The handling feels much more controlled and bumps feel better. Ride is a little stiffer but u prefer it. Top photo is today after the install. Then there's a picture of my truck next to what I think is a stock rebel.
View attachment 72778
View attachment 72779
Looks great! Nice to see you finally have had your springs replaced. I wonder how the Eibachs compare with the 5100s.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks great! Nice to see you finally have had your springs replaced. I wonder how the Eibachs compare with the 5100s.
Thanks, yea it's been a long road for us lol. I knew when I read the Readylift site months ago something didn't seem right! It took a village to get it moving though.

As for the Bilstein vs Eibach - No idea. I know they're very similar and the reviews I read/watched left me feeling like some people preferred the Eibachs. Doubt you can go wrong either way. With the Bilsteins being so popular/sold out I think it's definitely a solid alternative.

Users who are viewing this thread