5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Built to Serve Thread

Do you own a Built to Serve edition w/ the 0249AC springs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TaterRam

Reaction score
Anyone have an idea of when the 2021 are hitting dealers? Some articles I read say they went into product in September, other say this past week. Two local dealers say they are not able to factory order so I am trying to decide whether to wait for 2021, order a Rebel, or take a less optioned 2020 BTS sitting at a local dealer. The BTS sure seemed to check a lot of the boxes I was looking for when originally looking at a new big horn. No prior/active service here but all the respect to those who are.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I saw the first Billet Silver BTS pop up on Cars.com today (first one with photos showing it has arrived at the dealer), so it appears that they are in transit and starting to be delivered.

Depending on what color you’re interested in, Anvil might still be a few weeks out. For the last BTS release, it appeared the factory focused on the Patriot Blue trucks before the Ceramic Gray, as the Patriot Blue trucks hit dealers a few weeks before the majority of Ceramic Gray trucks.

BigAdge

Reaction score
Anyone have an idea of when the 2021 are hitting dealers? Some articles I read say they went into product in September, other say this past week. Two local dealers say they are not able to factory order so I am trying to decide whether to wait for 2021, order a Rebel, or take a less optioned 2020 BTS sitting at a local dealer. The BTS sure seemed to check a lot of the boxes I was looking for when originally looking at a new big horn. No prior/active service here but all the respect to those who are.
Honestly the BTS checked so many boxes for me and I loved the limited ceramic color. Couldn't pass it up. Price/value/badass truck. In today's world I think any ode to our military is an awesome statement and showing support is something to be proud of.

TaterRam

Reaction score
I saw the first Billet Silver BTS pop up on Cars.com today (first one with photos showing it has arrived at the dealer), so it appears that they are in transit and starting to be delivered.

Depending on what color you’re interested in, Anvil might still be a few weeks out. For the last BTS release, it appeared the factory focused on the Patriot Blue trucks before the Ceramic Gray, as the Patriot Blue trucks hit dealers a few weeks before the majority of Ceramic Gray trucks.

Good eye. Nothing was coming up last week when I searched. I see a few Anvil "in transit." but nothing out this far west yet.

Interesting on the previous color release, as the Blue are what is mostly available still near me. But, it is the higher volume color so probably less desirable? Although beautiful still. I'm curious to see Anvil in person, would definitely enjoy having an even more unique look.

Honestly the BTS checked so many boxes for me and I loved the limited ceramic color. Couldn't pass it up. Price/value/badass truck. In today's world I think any ode to our military is an awesome statement and showing support is something to be proud of.

Yes, the limited color runs add that much more. Plus Big Horn rebates are better. My wife has given the okay to order a Rebel, but for now the truck is most a daily driver/backseat filled with carseats/towing the travel trailer during season, some forest road action. Don't know if I'd use it to it's potential right away. The Rebel interior is dang nice but the 5th cabins all around are very nice.

The BTS is close to what I ended up doing to my current 2015 Big Horn - LED lights, leveled, real truck tires, less chrome...

Aceracer

Reaction score
Just picked up my Patriot Blue BTS Thursday. I’ll jump under tomorrow and check my springs to make sure I’m not part of spring-gate. So far I’m loving it, and the fact it’s the perfect truck for a squid makes us a perfect match!

Attachments

• 2AAAE08F-5E9F-4D96-8872-01BD2B0B3A98.jpeg
    2AAAE08F-5E9F-4D96-8872-01BD2B0B3A98.jpeg
    177.3 KB · Views: 90

c0mbatVet

Reaction score
Just got home from the dealership. They're ordering the springs and they should be here in the next few days. Glad they ended up coming around and providing a positive experience.

Sweet. Did you have to provide them with the part numbers for the ORP springs or were they aware of the numbers?

Pyleketerson

Reaction score
Just picked up my Patriot Blue BTS Thursday. I’ll jump under tomorrow and check my springs to make sure I’m not part of spring-gate. So far I’m loving it, and the fact it’s the perfect truck for a squid makes us a perfect match!
Nice looking truck! Congrats. I can tell just by looking at the stance that you have the correct springs.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sweet. Did you have to provide them with the part numbers for the ORP springs or were they aware of the numbers?

They were in communication with FCA to make sure they ordered the correct parts.

CJR28

Reaction score
Spring-gate Update #5492: Dealership called today to let me know the front two springs are in and they are just waiting on the rear two springs to come in probably later in the week. After all the parts are in and verified as correct they will be installed, hopefully by early-mid next week. Ill update once theyre in.

Alejandro_Andretti

Reaction score
Spring-gate Update #5492: Dealership called today to let me know the front two springs are in and they are just waiting on the rear two springs to come in probably later in the week. After all the parts are in and verified as correct they will be installed, hopefully by early-mid next week. Ill update once theyre in.
How did you guys get a hold of this “Debbie” the person I spoke to couldn’t do nothing and the dealership denied it, but I been transferred over to a different team but seems that since both you and ape spoke to Debbie you guys both have this issues resolved

c0mbatVet

Reaction score
How did you guys get a hold of this “Debbie” the person I spoke to couldn’t do nothing and the dealership denied it, but I been transferred over to a different team but seems that since both you and ape spoke to Debbie you guys both have this issues resolved

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201004-101655_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20201004-101655_Facebook.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 53

Ram Ranch

Reaction score
Hello all! I bought a 2020 BTS Level 2 equipment in July 2020, Is anyone else missing the american flags or locking center console from their build??

Dealer agreed to provide the "Mopar locking center console" as it's specifically listed on the window sticker. But they want me to pay $99 for each fender flag! I have been assigned a case # from ram cares and should hear from ram tomorrow.

Just want to know if anyone else has this issue? Haven't looked to see if I am part of spring gate yet...

Build date 06/17/2020

Attachments

• 20201007_155929.jpg
    20201007_155929.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 106
  • 20201007_155941.jpg
    20201007_155941.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 106
  • 20201007_160004.jpg
    20201007_160004.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 97
  • 20201007_170246.jpg
    20201007_170246.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 102

CJR28

Reaction score
Hello all! I bought a 2020 BTS Level 2 equipment in July 2020, Is anyone else missing the american flags or locking center console from their build??

Dealer agreed to provide the "Mopar locking center console" as it's specifically listed on the window sticker. But they want me to pay $99 for each fender flag! I have been assigned a case # from ram cares and should hear from ram tomorrow.

Just want to know if anyone else has this issue? Haven't looked to see if I am part of spring gate yet...

Build date 06/17/2020
I havent seen missing decals yet(removed mine because i dont like having them on the paint). But judging from your trucks stance you shouldn't have to worry about spring-gate. Looks like you have the appropriate ORP springs and welcome to the BTS club!

CJR28

Reaction score
Spoke to my dealer and the ORP springs should be installed sometime next week. I asked while they have the springs out if they could throw on the bilsteins and they said no problem. Im still up in the air about what setting to go with based on what ive read and seen here. I could either go with setting 4 or go with 5 and a half inch spacer in the rear if its needed. Im wondering if setting 4 will give me enough lift in the front to run 275/65R20 duratracs without rub, anyone have any insight?

c0mbatVet

Reaction score
My BTS is at my closest dealership right now so they can verify the springs on my truck and order the proper ORP replacements. Debbie from FCA contacted the service manager and explained the situation and set everything up. I plan to stay with stock wheels/tires for the time being but am wondering if I should have the dealership throw in some 1/2" spacers on the front while its apart to replace the springs seeing as they are so cheap. Thoughts? Screenshot_20201012-150724_Chrome.jpg

TTown77

Reaction score
My BTS is at my closest dealership right now so they can verify the springs on my truck and order the proper ORP replacements. Debbie from FCA contacted the service manager and explained the situation and set everything up. I plan to stay with stock wheels/tires for the time being but am wondering if I should have the dealership throw in some 1/2" spacers on the front while its apart to replace the springs seeing as they are so cheap. Thoughts? View attachment 71604
Do you have a contact number for Debbie at Ramcare? I've seem to hit a wall with my Ramcare agent and they are basically brushing me off. Maybe you have a case number you could share with me so I can have them reference? I appreciate your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online