5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OEM Windshield Replacement - Pic of corner logos please -

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
After two failed attempts at replacing my windshield and having the lane sense system not working properly, at the third attempt, Safelite installed OEM glass, did the calibration and the system still doesn’t work. Now going to CDJR dealer next week; I’m counting on them. But I was wondering about this glass. Can anyone shed some light on whether or not this is the rIght glass? I have a 2020 Longhorn with all the tech features. What could possibly be the cause of system not working with OEM glass and a successful calibration. Each time they have left me with a lane sense system that wants me to straddle the double yellow or centerline to be in the center of the lane!
That's a different brand then everyone elses I have seen.
Not likely the problem buy could be

As far as I know Vitro (Mexican) makes the glass for OEM.

That one is made by a Chinese company named Fuyao (the FYG on it)

Everyone else pictures show a Vitro.

I have a loaded 22 Limited and mine is also a Vitro.

It is still listed as Acoustic and 70% so without knowing the true specs (because you can't look this up yourself).
I'm willing to bet that is a different windshield then was originally on your truck.

All that said even people who got the correct glass and a tech went to "re-calibrate it" ended up getting hosed. Hopefully the dealer can take care of it, you just tell it to re-calibrate and drive it around the block with a loading bar.

Last edited:

pikemike

Reaction score
That's a different brand then everyone elses I have seen.
Not likely the problem buy could be

As far as I know Vitro (Mexican) makes the glass for OEM.

That one is made by a Chinese company named Fuyao (the FYG on it)

Everyone else pictures show a Vitro.

I have a loaded 22 Limited and mine is also a Vitro.

It is still listed as Acoustic and 70% so without knowing the true specs (because you can't look this up yourself).
I'm willing to bet that is a different windshield then was originally on your truck.

All that said even people who got the correct glass and a tech went to "re-calibrate it" ended up getting hosed. Hopefully the dealer can take care of it, you just tell it to re-calibrate and drive it around the block with a loading bar.
Never heard of a loading bar. Can you explain?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Never heard of a loading bar. Can you explain?
I mean on the tool they use to re-calibrate it.
You just engage recalibration and then you drive and I believe it lets you know when it is finished via a loading bar.

If they didn't drive your truck, then it was not re-calibrated.

pikemike

Reaction score
I mean on the tool they use to re-calibrate it.
You just engage recalibration and then you drive and I believe it lets you know when it is finished via a loading bar.

If they didn't drive your truck, then it was not re-calibrated.
It was definitely re-calibrated. I drove the truck while the technician monitored the progress until completed satisfactorily. It didn’t matter. I test drove it once it was complete and saw that lane sense was not working properly. I’ll discuss the differences in glass manufacturers with the dealer and perhaps they will want to order their own glass if it fails again while in their hands. Fingers crossed for Thursday when they have it for the day.

pikemike

Reaction score
Just got back from the dealer and this still doesn’t work. And they test drove it! When driving in the middle of the lane, indicators say I’m riding the right shoulder. Or sometimes the left line. Never did I receive ANY feedback to keep me on the road. If I straddle the double yellow, I get a green indicator sometimes saying all is good. Additionally, they said they had to update the DASM per TSB 08-150-21, which I cannot find to see if it is even related to this problem as they said. Looked everywhere online. Does anybody have it? DASM update and calibration cost $572 which I will submit for hopeful reimbursement. Called service manager and have another appointment in 10 days. Not sure what’s going on, but I’m getting tired of chasing this issue.

U

User_3336

Might be worth it to just turn those features and not use them. (I turned them off anyway).

Just got back from the dealer and this still doesn’t work. And they test drove it! When driving in the middle of the lane, indicators say I’m riding the right shoulder. Or sometimes the left line. Never did I receive ANY feedback to keep me on the road. If I straddle the double yellow, I get a green indicator sometimes saying all is good. Additionally, they said they had to update the DASM per TSB 08-150-21, which I cannot find to see if it is even related to this problem as they said. Looked everywhere online. Does anybody have it? DASM update and calibration cost $572 which I will submit for hopeful reimbursement. Called service manager and have another appointment in

georgesrt2020

Reaction score
Just got back from the dealer and this still doesn’t work. And they test drove it! When driving in the middle of the lane, indicators say I’m riding the right shoulder. Or sometimes the left line. Never did I receive ANY feedback to keep me on the road. If I straddle the double yellow, I get a green indicator sometimes saying all is good. Additionally, they said they had to update the DASM per TSB 08-150-21, which I cannot find to see if it is even related to this problem as they said. Looked everywhere online. Does anybody have it? DASM update and calibration cost $572 which I will submit for hopeful reimbursement. Called service manager and have another appointment in 10 days. Not sure what’s going on, but I’m getting tired of chasing this issue.
@pikemike Did you get this fix ? my replacement glass just came in today for my 2023 TRX and is also the FYG glass, my broken windshield is Vitro

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
@pikemike Did you get this fix ? my replacement glass just came in today for my 2023 TRX and is also the FYG glass, my broken windshield is Vitro
Did you deny the glass? Just tell them what comes off needs to be the same that goes on. The glass companies know what exactly is on the truck vis the vin unless they are trying to play games with you. You can get a Vitro without the Ram icon and it would be fine too.

georgesrt2020

Reaction score
Did you deny the glass? Just tell them what comes off needs to be the same that goes on. The glass companies know what exactly is on the truck vis the vin unless they are trying to play games with you. You can get a Vitro without the Ram icon and it would be fine
@Darksteel165 No I didn't deny it yet, because it seems to be the correct part # from Mopar and they said if they order another windshield from the dealer it will most likely be the same FYG

georgesrt2020

Reaction score
Also I just found out the DOT 1038 means it was made in United States not china

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Also I just found out the DOT 1038 means it was made in United States not china
The glass is not the issue, it’s something broken with the calibration procedure. A bunch of us have been chasing this issue down for a while now (mainly when people add adaptive cruise with a brand new DASM and try to calibrate). We can pinpoint the timeframe that the calibration procedure became broke to mid April. For the time being, anyone getting a windshield replaced, tell them that under no circumstances are they to try to recalibrate the DASM. It’s not necessary anyway.

pikemike

Reaction score
@georgesrt2020 My issues have been resolved. After the failed first visit to the dealer, I was back and worked with the service manager. The tech found that the camera/glass mount did not have enough adjustment available and could not be pointed in the correct direction. Kind of of strange to me. Damage from rock impact? New cameras needed be ordered for $2500. My Fidelity Insurance extended warranty covered it 100% and the parts came in 2 weeks later. I was back a couple of days ago for the install and everything went per plan. after 2-3 days I can say everything works fine. Lanekeeper, adaptive cruise and rain sensors work as they did before the windshield damage. I’m very glad to get this resolved. No cost to me except 8 weeks of dealing with this issue.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just too a second rock to the windshield coming into work this morning. This one is on the passenger side and made a noticeable spider mark. I opted to not get the first ine fixed as it was a minor chip and didn't want to chance a replacement or pay to tint the windshield again. Now I think I have to get it fixed. Any thing I should make sure to mention and look out for? Honestly in all my life of driving needed to have a windshield replaced and I have had this truck less than 6 months and 2 chips already. I will call my insurance agent and I also have an insurance 'policy' with the dealer that I can run it through. Any thoughts if dealer or non dealer is the way to go?

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just too a second rock to the windshield coming into work this morning. This one is on the passenger side and made a noticeable spider mark. I opted to not get the first ine fixed as it was a minor chip and didn't want to chance a replacement or pay to tint the windshield again. Now I think I have to get it fixed. Any thing I should make sure to mention and look out for? Honestly in all my life of driving needed to have a windshield replaced and I have had this truck less than 6 months and 2 chips already. I will call my insurance agent and I also have an insurance 'policy' with the dealer that I can run it through. Any thoughts if dealer or non dealer is the way to go?
If you have the DASM for the FCW/ACC, do NOT let them loosen the bracket and do NOT let them do a re-calibration. If they don't change the original alignment of the DASM, it most likely won't need to be re-calibrated.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you have the DASM for the FCW/ACC, do NOT let them loosen the bracket and do NOT let them do a re-calibration. If they don't change the original alignment of the DASM, it most likely won't need to be re-calibrated.
Thank you - yes I have all of those 'bells and whistles' including HUD. Would a glass installer (safe Safelite as an example) understand that or should I stick with the dealer and explain that? Also I assume I have to request OEM?

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thank you - yes I have all of those 'bells and whistles' including HUD. Would a glass installer (safe Safelite as an example) understand that or should I stick with the dealer and explain that? Also I assume I have to request OEM?
If you can find a shop that does quality work, you should be fine.
Regardless of who does the work, I would absolutely tell them to be very careful with the DASM and its bracket when they remove it.
I personally don't think it's necessary to have OEM glass. I had mine replaced a few months ago with OEM-equivalent glass by an independent shop. It's identical to OEM, except it doesn't have the ram head logo on it.
They did great work and said, in their experience, 98% don't require re-calibration.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online