5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OEM rear wheel well liners

U

User_3336

I bought a set, and didn't even have a change to use them before I went back to a 2018.
wish I could find someone local that wanted them. Cost prohibitive to ship.

U

User_3336

Doesn't look so bad with a black truck. But like with the white, it sticks out like a sore thumb.

Don't guess the engineers cared what it looked like, if it saved them a couple of bucks.

all previous models prior to 19 had them.

Definitely looks better with the liners IMHO

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's a $195 option. If you live somewhere where winter weather may gunk up your wheel wells with ice/salt/sand, they're worth it.

U

User_3336

You'd have to ask FCA their reasoning....

I guess. But how much of a difference is it compared to the two pieces that it replaces? If the MRSP went from $50,000 to $50,100 would anybody care?

Slyder7

Reaction score
I am picking up my limited this week does the limited models have them?

Foster432

Reaction score
I didn’t buy anything other than the liner itself. Take the stock clips off the liners and reuse them on any hole the full liners have left- do this and you can use all factory hardware without buying anything extra.
Also- mine came with the fender flares factory. There are three or four clips you have to remove from the truck after you disassemble the factory liners. I’m pretty sure it’s the ones on the photo that I put arrows on.

One more tip- whenever you pull the factory partial liners off make sure to put the clips you take off on the new full liners first. DO NOT try to install without doing that first. It’s a pain if you do. I know this by trial and error....more error on the first

Attachments

• 13A27789-283C-4E9A-8C74-35D721DA5C50.jpeg
    13A27789-283C-4E9A-8C74-35D721DA5C50.jpeg
    124 KB · Views: 130
  • 45582B77-464E-4910-94C8-D743DE4E1CB4.jpeg
    45582B77-464E-4910-94C8-D743DE4E1CB4.jpeg
    220.2 KB · Views: 136
  • 8A9A7AB2-0259-4CB5-9B0F-C7B25BC1D41E.jpeg
    8A9A7AB2-0259-4CB5-9B0F-C7B25BC1D41E.jpeg
    109.2 KB · Views: 134

Taterload

Reaction score
My truck was delivered missing the wheel well liner screws on the right rear. The dealer didn't have them in stock and had to order. This is what I recieved and installed myself. Problem solved.
This is crazy 50K vehicle and missing screws! I just purchased my 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie 8 days ago and was washing it today and realize I'm missing 3 liner screws on the driver rear. I'm sure your part number will work for me as well?

Sspearsau

Reaction score
Are the two additional screws only for trims with the fender flares? I have the big horn that does not have fender flares, and I am trying to figure out if I need the two extra screws.

Thanks!

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are the two additional screws only for trims with the fender flares? I have the big horn that does not have fender flares, and I am trying to figure out if I need the two extra screws.

Thanks!
You will need 8 extra screws for your Big Horn.

Only 2 extra screws are required if your truck has OEM fender flares.

antwon412

Reaction score
If anybody in NorCal has a set they don’t want - I’ll take them!

Sspearsau

Reaction score
You will need 8 extra screws for your Big Horn.

Only 2 extra screws are required if your truck has OEM fender flares.

Are you sure? I hate to question someone who has obviously done this, so I apologize. But I will be drilling holes if my truck if I need to make room for 6 more screws than everyone else.

Neither here nor there, I will start with the two, and see if I can reuse the ones that are already there. I will keep my fingers crossed the existing ones are the same.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are you sure? I hate to question someone who has obviously done this, so I apologize. But I will be drilling holes if my truck if I need to make room for 6 more screws than everyone else.

Neither here nor there, I will start with the two, and see if I can reuse the ones that are already there. I will keep my fingers crossed the existing ones are the same.
Yes I’m sure and you don’t need to drill any holes!

Video:

Last edited:

Gen3CoupeTX

Reaction score
I installed these on my 2019 Lone Star (Big Horn). You do NOT drill extra holes, but you will use extra screws. You will see why during the install. A bag of 10 screws is about $2 ... I don't recall how many I used, but glad I had 'em. You do reuse a part of the original rear pieces, so don't toss those out before separating the 'use again' portion. The install is easier than it sounds. Jump in!

Bigga826

Reaction score
I didn’t buy anything other than the liner itself. Take the stock clips off the liners and reuse them on any hole the full liners have left- do this and you can use all factory hardware without buying anything extra.
Also- mine came with the fender flares factory. There are three or four clips you have to remove from the truck after you disassemble the factory liners. I’m pretty sure it’s the ones on the photo that I put arrows on.

One more tip- whenever you pull the factory partial liners off make sure to put the clips you take off on the new full liners first. DO NOT try to install without doing that first. It’s a pain if you do. I know this by trial and error....more error on the first
Know the part number of those clips?

Users who are viewing this thread