5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Tailgate Ajar Warning (MY22)

frisby5

Reaction score
Looking at the schematics, it’s the same operation as the hood latch:
It’s looking for about 1700 ohm resistance when the tailgate is closed, and open circuit sets the tailgate ajar indications in the cluster.
So, if you enable the two settings in AlfaOBD, and if your cluster is capable of the feature, it will show the tailgate ajar indications since there is an open circuit from not having the correct wiring or latch

This is a known working/programmable fob for the 5th gen 1500’s:

AlfaOBD can’t program the fobs, but I can set you up with a way to program them yourself if you want to PM me.
Ok thanks ! Let me check my bankaccount lol. im looking at doing the brake controller to soon. Thats a good price for the fob on ebay..

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone know how many FOBs can our trucks be programmed with at the same time? It there a limit? My Pathfinder has a limit of 3.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Anyone know how many FOBs can our trucks be programmed with at the same time? It there a limit? My Pathfinder has a limit of 3.
I believe I read 4. Could be higher, but I know it's at least 4. Look farther down, Jimmy said 8.

Last edited:

6of36

Reaction score

AlfaOBD can’t program the fobs, but I can set you up with a way to program them yourself if you want to PM me.
That's an amazing price!

22Ram1500InAR

Reaction score

Can I buy one FOB with tailgate open (for myself) and will the other two still work? I’d hate to have the others deactivated.

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How much are you guys paying to get these FOBs programmed? And where did you go (dealer/shop)??

Jako

Reaction score
How much are you guys paying to get these FOBs programmed? And where did you go (dealer/shop)??

FYI - one option in NJ

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
FYI - one option in NJ
Thank you! It's about 1.5hrs away from me. I'll search around locally. Bookmarked the post (y)

22Ram1500InAR

Reaction score
What do you all do with left over wiring harnesses?

I have a few--LED bed light install, headliner from installing intermittent wipers, tail gate from installing tailgate ajar. The clips are damaged or a few of the clips are broken. Ends and wire are still fin

darrell585

Reaction score
Anyone tried this on a 2500? Parts the same? I have the 22 Laramie 2500. I can drop tailgate with my key fob or a button on the truck. Bed lights/cargo lights do not come in when tailgate is opened. No tailgate ajar warning. I enabled it in Alfa but haven't had the opportunity to check pin 26 yet. Thanks in advance!

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone tried this on a 2500? Parts the same? I have the 22 Laramie 2500. I can drop tailgate with my key fob or a button on the truck. Bed lights/cargo lights do not come in when tailgate is opened. No tailgate ajar warning. I enabled it in Alfa but haven't had the opportunity to check pin 26 yet. Thanks in advance!
Won’t work for an HD Ram. There is no such tailgate latch part that has an ajar sensor for the HD’s, and a 1500 latch won’t fit.

darrell585

Reaction score
Won’t work for an HD Ram. There is no such tailgate latch part that has an ajar sensor for the HD’s, and a 1500 latch won’t fit.
Thank you, I appreciate it! Wondering now if the BCM has the pins for it and it's in the software then I could set up my own switch.

DublDeuce

Reaction score
Hey all, any instruction for programming using a JSCAN? Also, how do you know if you have a small screen? My Build Sheet says Instrument Cluster Theme Level 1. I'm guessing I'm good to go to do this mod, except I just use JSACN.

Sigfla

Reaction score
Hey all, any instruction for programming using a JSCAN? Also, how do you know if you have a small screen? My Build Sheet says Instrument Cluster Theme Level 1. I'm guessing I'm good to go to do this mod, except I just use JSACN.
Curious as well. I can see the tailgate ajar option but no F pin 26 on JScan.

CBC Config I/O: Connector F Pin 26 - Set to Yes
ECUConfig 4: Tailgate Ajar Indication - Set to Yes

Sigfla

Reaction score
Ok so JScan says it’s these last 2. Look for “Ajar.”

Attachments

• IMG_1139.png
    IMG_1139.png
    113.1 KB · Views: 20

Users who are viewing this thread