5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NO TAILGATE AJAR WARNING ?? 2020 ram rebel

Nakeddiver

Reaction score
I just called my dealer (Canada) to ask about this also. They were super friendly and were quite aware of the issue. They said it has been disabled due to it randomly sensing the tailgate is open (when it isn't) while driving and slamming on the bakes because it thinks a door is open. Apparently a fix is in the works and will be a software update.

RSZ

Reaction score
I just called my dealer (Canada) to ask about this also. They were super friendly and were quite aware of the issue. They said it has been disabled due to it randomly sensing the tailgate is open (when it isn't) while driving and slamming on the bakes because it thinks a door is open. Apparently a fix is in the works and will be a software update.

Well it would be nice if that were true.

I have my doubts as the option still works with trucks that are built with multi-function tailgate or parallel park assist.

There are reports that the tailgate ajar warning does pop up on the dash when in fact it's not open. Haven't heard about it slamming on the brakes.

I've ordered the bypass cable and ODB2 programmer to get it working. It's cheaper than losing cargo out of the bed, been there done that.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No problems yet on my Rebel. I don't personally believe the dealer because some trucks have it a d some don't.. If what the dealers says is true you would think FCA would have published a TSB stating such.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No problems yet on my Rebel. I don't personally believe the dealer because some trucks have it a d some don't.. If what the dealers says is true you would think FCA would have published a TSB stating such. They are also famous with the update is coming next month or quarter.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Robyram

Reaction score
Ok! Wife and kid left and I cracked a cold one and went for it.
I verified on my build sheet that I had : "Tailgate Ajar Warning Lamp"
I did NOT have it on my window sticker.
Confirmed it to be CBC Config IO F pin 26 Connector F Pin 26: Trunk/Liftgate Ajar Signal Input Present: No
Changing to YES has me working!
Overhead bed lights now coming on when I open the gate as well!!
Can you walk me through what I all need and the steps to do what you did....do you change the settings on a laptop or something then plug it back into truck ?

Robyram

Reaction score
Is XH5 (Parallel and Per Park Assist w/Stop) the same as lane keep assist? Is there a way to see my sales codes to configured options?

I have lane keep assist, but I don't see "Parallel and Per Park Assist w/Stop" on my equipment sheet. When I pull a Limited vin that's for sale at a local dealer, they have a specific item that matches the code text listed in the star case. Looking back at my trip to the dealer for this, they said you must have the 360 camera. This would exclude all Rebels with the normal tailagte

My guess is that 50$ for AlfaODB is cheaper than a suing... anyone know if the tazer DT also functions as a secuirty bypass for AlfaODB. If I can solve this in 5 min and $50, I may just do it and stop stressing.
Did the tazer work as a bypass?

Robyram

Reaction score
Update: Got home today from work determined to give this another go. Hooked everything up and opened Alfaobd and verified the settings again. ECUConfig 4: Tailgate Ajar Warning was still on 'yes', however, CBC Config I/O: Connector F Pin 26: Trunk/Liftgate Ajar Signal Input Present was back to 'No'. When I checked last it was on 'yes' so for whatever reason it didn't stick. Maybe I had the truck put in 'acc' instead of 'run' but I'm really not sure at this point. I opened the tailgate this time and than proceeded to change it to 'yes' and it started working immediately. Got the indication on the dash while in park, got the bigger one when in drive and my cargo and bedlights now come on when I release the tailgate. Happy camper! I'm really not sure why this didn't work the first time but I'll take it now for what it is.

View attachment 70175
View attachment 70176
Can you tell me what obd reader you have?

aswetich

Reaction score
CBC Config I/O: Connector F pin 26: Trunk/Liftgate ajar signal input present.

Set to Yes

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

HydroRebel

Reaction score
What setting do you go under in the alpha software to find the tailgate settings?
CBC Config I/O: Connector F pin 26: Trunk/Liftgate ajar signal input present.

Set to Yes

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk
This! That's all I had to do to make it work. It's under body control module and car configuration change. Just keep scrolling down until you find it.

Robyram

Reaction score
This! That's all I had to do to make it work. It's under body control module and car configuration change. Just keep scrolling down until you find it.
Thanks I got mine working now! Any other cool things you did or recommend with the alpha?

HydroRebel

Reaction score
Thanks I got mine working now! Any other cool things you did or recommend with the alpha?
My pleasure and I'm glad you got it working!

I can certainly list all the things I did with AlfaOBD no problem:

1) First thing I did and my original reason for getting AlfaOBD was to make my mirrors power fold when my dealer failed to do so after 3 visits which added up to 3 full days totally wasted. My truck came with the tow mirrors and I had it prearranged to have them swapped to power fold mirrors. It turns out that they installed the premium mirrors which have the tilt in reverse function so I enabled that and added the function to disable it to the uconnect menu.

2) Changed DRL location to turn signals and also added the function to disable them altogether in the uconnect menu. Being in Canada DRL's are mandatory and these trucks come with low beam as DRL's and full blast at that. Very annoying when your parked across from someone in the dark and can't turn off your lights. I also disabled the foglight dropout with high beams which is nice for night time highway driving.

3) The third thing I did was enable the tailgate ajar warning that we all paid for and didn't get!

I think that's all I did, my memory isn't the best. I also played around trying to get the off-road pages and performance pages working but no luck. Id I think of anything else I will update this post. As far as I'm concerned I got my money's worth from AlfaOBD and would recommend it to anyone!

Robyram

Reaction score
My pleasure and I'm glad you got it working!

I can certainly list all the things I did with AlfaOBD no problem:

1) First thing I did and my original reason for getting AlfaOBD was to make my mirrors power fold when my dealer failed to do so after 3 visits which added up to 3 full days totally wasted. My truck came with the tow mirrors and I had it prearranged to have them swapped to power fold mirrors. It turns out that they installed the premium mirrors which have the tilt in reverse function so I enabled that and added the function to disable it to the uconnect menu.

2) Changed DRL location to turn signals and also added the function to disable them altogether in the uconnect menu. Being in Canada DRL's are mandatory and these trucks come with low beam as DRL's and full blast at that. Very annoying when your parked across from someone in the dark and can't turn off your lights. I also disabled the foglight dropout with high beams which is nice for night time highway driving.

3) The third thing I did was enable the tailgate ajar warning that we all paid for and didn't get!

I think that's all I did, my memory isn't the best. I also played around trying to get the off-road pages and performance pages working but no luck. Id I think of anything else I will update this post. As far as I'm concerned I got my money's worth from AlfaOBD and would recommend it to anyone!
I wired some led bed lights but tapped into the trailer light harness , I would like to enable the factory bed lights ( I don't have the oem ones though) so I can tap into that wire so they come on when the tailgate drops ...I did all the things you did too but I did those with the Tazer dt. Does alot of things that the alpha does..

HydroRebel

Reaction score
I wired some led bed lights but tapped into the trailer light harness , I would like to enable the factory bed lights ( I don't have the oem ones though) so I can tap into that wire so they come on when the tailgate drops ...I did all the things you did too but I did those with the Tazer dt. Does alot of things that the alpha does..
Yes I gave the Tazer a good luck beforehand. I went with AlfaOBD based on other members suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread