5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NO TAILGATE AJAR WARNING ?? 2020 ram rebel

Sixxshooter

Reaction score
Ive had my 2020 Rebel for about 3 months and Love it but I accidently drove home with my tailgate wide open . I find it hard to believe that a $65,000 truck doesn’t even have a tailgate ajar warning lite ? I could have killed sombody with stuff falling out the back . I’m asking if it’s is normal or should I bring it in to dealer ? I have the Rebel 12 level 2 package .

AdventureJunkie

Reaction score
2019 rebel here and mine warns me when its open.

Sometimes I only half close mine because of trying to be gentle and it brings up a warning on the dash

Check your settings, maybe there is one in there to not display. Next time in my truck I will take a look and let you know

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Sixxshooter

Reaction score
Yep . Just checking again . All the door ajar lights show on driver cluster except the tailgate . ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to warn me that my tailgate is open . I thought maybe it was Because I turned off The rear parksense braking assist but still nothing . I’m just looking for solid information about this new issue . I’m hearing some guys say yes , some guys say no . I can’t stand taking my truck to the dealership unless it’s absolutely necessary. Is it because I don’t have a auto tailgate open option ?

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Of course you should have the TG ajar warning! I can't see anything in the EVIC screen when I drive and it's open because you can see the truck with an open TG illuminated... it you don't have the red light at least, you have a problem.

Sixxshooter

Reaction score
I Guess I’ll call my dealership to setup appointment . Sucks . found this page in the manual as well . Thank you guys for such quick responses .

Attachments

• E6FC2F3D-EF9C-4FC3-9B81-C35A3B97CCAA.jpeg
    E6FC2F3D-EF9C-4FC3-9B81-C35A3B97CCAA.jpeg
    112.7 KB · Views: 404

Sixxshooter

Reaction score
Just called the dealership and service guy says I’m not sure tailgate ajar lite is supposed to go on . I’m said it’s in the manual and that it’s also supposed to make a noise when you drive with it open . He said ok bring it in . love when a dealership has no clue .

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is this just for the MFT? I've driven it plenty of times with the tailgate down, and I don't think I've ever seen that light or hear a noise.

Kooch80

Reaction score
You do get the warning light ? I wonder if it’s just a wire harness on mine that’s not plugged in .
i got it a couple of times when i first bought the truck. had to really slam the tailgate home when new or would get the tailgate warning. i havent seen it in a while now though

Sixxshooter

Reaction score
I’m bringing my Rebel in Friday to have it looked at .
giphy.gif

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I only noticed my light because I didn't shut the tailgate hard enough and it set it off, a small red pictograph on the dash of a tailgate, I believe near the upper right of the cluster.

Last edited:

Doberman11

Reaction score
I just got 2020 Big Horn and I was surprised the other day when I started driving and the tailgate wasn't shut all the way in the center cluster it had a picture of the truck with the tailgate open. I thought it was pretty cool.

hellmans

Reaction score
mine had it ...installed power running boards..updated vin,, and preformed restore build config..now no more tailgate ajar..waiting on fix

Users who are viewing this thread