5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No electrical outlets (110V, 400W)< 2019 Laramie trim

navnav94

Reaction score
I just checked my equipment sheet and mine says "Big Horn non-BSG Lvl 2 Equip. Group " does anyone know if this "non-BSG" means something and is different from the regular level 2 equipment group?

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just checked my equipment sheet and mine says "Big Horn non-BSG Lvl 2 Equip. Group " does anyone know if this "non-BSG" means something and is different from the regular level 2 equipment group?

BSG = Belt Starter Generator = Ram “eTorque” system
Non-BSG = Without eTorque
Not sure what the exact diffs between Lvl 2 and non-BSG Lvl 2.

navnav94

Reaction score
Ok thanks, I'm going to talk with my dealer. I don't have 115 watt outlets either in the front or back, AND I'm not even sure if I have an inverter since none of this shows up on my build sheet even though it says I have the non-BSG lvl 2. I will keep you guys posted about what happens after speaking with the dealer.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ok thanks, I'm going to talk with my dealer. I don't have 115 watt outlets either in the front or back, AND I'm not even sure if I have an inverter since none of this shows up on my build sheet even though it says I have the non-BSG lvl 2. I will keep you guys posted about what happens after speaking with the dealer.
Yep, I did a whole long post on all these missing items compared to the brochure. Early Lvl 2s didn’t get the inverter and plugs like they (you) should have gotten.
https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/2019-options-changing-over-time-watch-out.938/
“BigHorn Level 2:
- Price was $2100, then $2200, did NOT originally include inverter/115v outlets despite what the brochure says. Some unpleasantly surprised customers out there.”

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine was built 6/18 and although it has Level 2 on the sticker, there is no AC outlets listed on the sticker whereas the website configurator says it is to receive them. Being it is not on the sticker, I really don’t have a leg to stand on but to be honest with myself, my 14 had it and I never used it.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine was built 6/18 and although it has Level 2 on the sticker, there is no AC outlets listed on the sticker whereas the website configurator says it is to receive them. Being it is not on the sticker, I really don’t have a leg to stand on but to be honest with myself, my 14 had it and I never used it.

Troutspinner, I have a Laramie Level 2 and it has the AC outlets, but no RamCharger (listed on the website configurator) nor does it have the Harden Karmen stereo which was listed at the time, but is now "not included." I printed off all of the configurator information when I ordered the truck on May 7, 2018 and it was built around July 20. Since I ordered the truck, FCA has made several changes to the option packages and price. fullsizeoutput_9dd.jpeg

Last edited:

Backinblk

Reaction score
I received a 2019 big horn sport crew cab and have 25z level 2 plus the premium led lights tons of USB ports. My window sticker doesn’t say what size wheels n tires and I’m disappointed it has 18’s with a 3:92 rear. And no rear 110 outlet no rear usb and no key off power on cig lighter. How do you find out what it should have

79 300

Reaction score
My 2019 Bighorn was built the first week of December and has front and rear 110 outlets. It says that on the window sticker as well.

Backinblk

Reaction score
My 2019 Bighorn was built the first week of December and has front and rear 110 outlets. It says that on the window sticker as well.
How do you know when it was built? Bought it off the lot in June. It’s says lvl 2 package and charged me 2400 dollars

2wd

Reaction score
Folks who are considering adding the power outlets may need to confirm what alternator they have.

The brochure indicates the standard alternator is 180amp and if you have the 400w inverter you get a 220amp.

I would confirm a) confirm what alternator you have b) if it's 180amp, confirm it will handle the electrical load after retrofit.

slimchance

Reaction score
look at the white sticker inside the drivers door

Attachments

• build date_my 2019 ram_001_resized.jpg
    build date_my 2019 ram_001_resized.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 68

19RamBC

Reaction score
Is there a kit to add it? Same deal dealer said it had them, truck arrived without them, dealer and FCA said tough luck and now here we are lol

McFitty

Reaction score
I believe that some options that are available now like the 400w inverter were added later. So if you got an older truck it might not come with them.

bgruhn76

Reaction score
Anyone have part numbers for all parts required to add the 2 outlets, inverter, and alternator?

cotonymopar

Reaction score
I have this on my Laramie

12V Auxiliary Power Outlet

115V Auxiliary Rear Power Outlet

Locking Glove Box

115V Auxiliary Power Outlet

bgruhn76

Reaction score
Just spoke with Ram directly - first run of the 2019s didn't have the 220 amp alternators or the 115v outlets included in the L2G package. They said they added it in late 2018 builds. I tried to get them to retroactively give me the package but no dice. lol

billely

Reaction score
Hi Blazn, something is not right there... based on your sig block it appears you have already taken delivery of your 2019 BigHorn Ram in TX with Level 2 Equipment, is that right? According to the US brochure the BigHorn with Level 2 Equipment should have the 400W inverter, extra usb outlets, and 110v plugs front and rear.

View attachment 1239

Let’s see if I can attach the US brochure spec sheet (note H2 means BigHorn Level 2 Equipment). Can anyone else confirm that BigHorns with Level 2 are arriving without a 400w inverter and 110v outlets? Something sounds wrong there, maybe your dealer missed some of your options.

My order is for a similar truck, so I hope it is treating you well otherwise!

Yes, My 2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn Quad Cab was ordered with Level 2 Package and arrived WITHOUT the inverter and 115 VAC outlets.
The RAM brochure and website said it WAS INCLUDED and was a MUST when I put my package together and ordered it with the Level 2 Package. Still trying to figure out how to get 115 VAC outlets and Inverter installed. I'm really P.O.ed about them not being in there. Dealer is trying to figure out a way to do it. Can't get any help from Factory!! WTF??? P.Poor engineering, one damn 12 VDC on top of the dash when I received it! Who the heck would put a single damn outlet on top of the dash and none anywhere else?? My 2012 Ram 1500 Big Horn had 115 VAC outlets which we used all the time! I need to get the inverter and 115 VAC outlets installed!!

HookedonRam

Reaction score
Well, here is my sticker and I too am missing the outlets, bed stepper and my 8.4' uconnect speakers sound low even when I have the volume up to the max 38. I am not sure what else I am missing as I've only owned the vehicle for nearly a month now. So, has anyone figured out how to add an outlet in the bench area?

RAM 1500 BIGHORN/LONESTAR QUAD 4X4
Exterior Color: Delmonico Red Pearl–Coat Exterior Paint
Interior Color: Black Interior Color
Interior: Deluxe Cloth Bucket Seat
Engine: 5.7–Liter V8 HEMI® MDS VVT Engine
Transmission: 8–Speed Automatic 8HP75 Transmission
STANDARD EQUIPMENT (UNLESS REPLACED BY OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT)
FUNCTIONAL/SAFETY FEATURES
Advanced Multistage Front Air Bags
Supplemental Front Seat Side Air Bags
Supplemental Side–Curtain Front / Rear Air Bags
3.21 Rear Axle Ratio
Keyless Go™
Remote Keyless Entry with All–Secure
Parkview® Rear Back–Up Camera
Sentry Key® Theft Deterrent System
4–Wheel Disc Anti–Lock Brakes
Electric Park Brake
Ready–Alert Braking
Rain Brake Support
Tire–Fill Alert
Tailgate–Ajar Warning Lamp
Electronic Roll Mitigation
Electronic Stability Control
Trailer Sway Damping
Hill Start Assist
Speed Control
Black Rotary Shifter
Class III Receiver–Hitch
7–Pin Wiring Harness
OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT (May Replace Standard Equipment)
Delmonico Red Pearl–Coat Exterior Paint $100
Customer Preferred Package 25Z
Premium LED Lighting Group $995
Front LED Fog Lamps
LED Automatic Reflector Headlamps
LED Tail Lamps
Sport Appearance Package $1,095
Black Interior Accents
Deluxe Cloth Bucket Seat
Power–Heated Mirrors with Manual Fold–Away
Bed Utility Group $845
4 Adjustable Cargo Tie–Down Hooks
LED Bed Lighting
Spray–In Bedliner
Level 2 Equipment Group $2,200
Dampened Tailgate
8.4–Inch Touchscreen Display
A/C Auto Temperature Control w/ Dual Zone Control
Apple CarPlay® Capable
Class IV Receiver–Hitch
Cluster 7.0–Inch TFT Color Display
Media Hub–2 USB, Full Function / Charge Only
Exterior Mirrors with Supplemental Signals
Exterior Mirrors with Courtesy Lamps
Google Android Auto™ Capable
Heated Front Seats
Heated Steering Wheel
Parksense Front/Rear Park–Assist w/Stop
Power 4–Way Driver Lumbar Adjust
Power 8–Way Driver Seat
Power Adjustable Pedals
Power–Folding Mirrors
Rear Power Sliding–Window
Rear Window Defroster
Remote–Start System (N/A Manual Transmission)
Single–Disc Remote CD Player
SiriusXM® Sat Radio w/ 1–Yr Sub Call 800–643–2112
Universal Garage–Door Opener
3.92 Rear Axle Ratio $95
Anti–Spin Differential Rear Axle $495
5.7–Liter V8 HEMI® MDS VVT Engine $1,195
26–Gallon Fuel Tank
Active Noise–Control System
20.0–Inch X 9.0–Inch Aluminum Chrome Clad Wheels $1,595
Trailer Brake Control $295
Destination Charge $1,645
Package Value Savings of $2,300