5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News on a tune?

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. Looking forward to getting mine done. I may make the trip to Michigan this summer and get it done.

My truck is at 62,000km and warranty is up at 100,000. By end of summer I should be around 75k or so. I'm not sure I have the patience to wait until the end of the warranty.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

rtpassini

Reaction score
Any updates on ecm availability? Still nothing from my March 22nd order

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Any updates on ecm availability? Still nothing from my March 22nd order
My wholesale dealer is still telling me no eta. It took me 3 months just to get a pair of new blind spot sensors. Things are ridiculous right now.

rtpassini

Reaction score
Just got an email they are receiving some in 8 days. So I should have one somewhat soon

Reactions: c3k

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was at GDE Tuesday morning getting the Tune reflashed. I saw about 12 PCMs there on the Shelf.
They had ordered them around 6 months ago and had just gotten them in. However at $600, I passed on getting one.
Dealers want $300 and the online OEM sellers want about $200 for one , IF they can get them.

Malodave

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was at GDE Tuesday morning getting the Tune reflashed. I saw about 12 PCMs there on the Shelf.
They had ordered them around 6 months ago and had just gotten them in. However at $600, I passed on getting one.
Dealers want $300 and the online OEM sellers want about $200 for one , IF they can get them.

Malodave

That really makes me kind of mad that they are price gouging on PCMs like that. Or so it seems. Maybe their supplier gouged them on the supply they have? I guess I don't know for sure who to be mad at...

Olbez

Reaction score
Kind of a dumb question, but I appreciate if someone can answer. Im in California and my truck has to pass emissions testing. If I managed to get a GDE tune and bought an additional PCM to keep stock, can I the pass the smog inspection just by popping the stock PCM in?

John Jensen

Reaction score
Kind of a dumb question, but I appreciate if someone can answer. Im in California and my truck has to pass emissions testing. If I managed to get a GDE tune and bought an additional PCM to keep stock, can I the pass the smog inspection just by popping the stock PCM in?
The GDE tune comes with a handheld device you plug into the OBD2 port to install their tunes. Once installed you use the same device to change back to stock for dealer visits and then to reload the tune. You do not need a spare PCM.

rtpassini

Reaction score
The GDE tune comes with a handheld device you plug into the OBD2 port to install their tunes. Once installed you use the same device to change back to stock for dealer visits and then to reload the tune. You do not need a spare PCM.
Wrong. The handheld is to load the Trans tune. Gde said at least 4 years if ever for a handheld unit. You need a spare pcm to swap back if you want

Olbez

Reaction score
Wrong. The handheld is to load the Trans tune. Gde said at least 4 years if ever for a handheld unit. You need a spare pcm to swap back if you want
Would swapping back allow me to pass emissions in California?

Users who are viewing this thread