5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to Suspension Setups - Help Wanted

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
if anyone can help me figure out what all I would need from what I’m trying to accomplish I would greatly appreciate it (because I have done research but I still feel more confused now than before on what to do). I tow from time to time nothing serious and sometimes I have to use my bed for a hot shot and it can be pretty heavy at times. I don’t do a lot of off-roading but would like to be able to if it was needed. I want to add about 2”-3” if possible and I would rather pay for a good lift kit that lasts and does it’s job. Any info, links, or recommendations would be greatly appreciated I’ve never done a lift before so even if it’s opinion based it’ll give me options to make a decision.

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve read some different things about the Mopar lift kit but it always seems bad mediocre. Does Mopar make the kit themselves or does someone make it for them? I want to do it the right way the first time so I don’t have to go back and back again lol

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve read some different things about the Mopar lift kit but it always seems bad mediocre. Does Mopar make the kit themselves or does someone make it for them? I want to do it the right way the first time so I don’t have to go back and back again lol
Fox shocks and new correct UCA's, 🤞🤔

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Fox shocks and new correct UCA's, 🤞🤔
Also, do you recommend the Performance Series or Performance Elite Series? I know our trucks have a rake to them so would I just need to add the front and new UCA’s or do the front and back?

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
All of this is Mopar's kit, installed at your local dealer.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
As I said in the other thread. Since you do tow, and haul heavy items in bed from time to time, I'd throw in some helper airbags in the rear to help in those situations.

Bilstien 6112s up front set for desired lift.
Icon 1.5" springs in the resr with Bilstien 5160 shocks

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For the loads you are hauling Fox would not be good. Bilstein 5100's are what you need. Digressive valving is better than linear if you are towing and hauling
Much less expensive as well.

Last edited:

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, I’d rather spend money and do it right the first time to be honest so what I’ve kind of gathered looking through the threads is maybe the Bilstiens 6112 for the front, Bilstiens 5100 for the rear, Readylift 2” UCA’s, Hellwig Sway Bar Kit, and Core 4x4 End Links. Seems like a good set up to protect parts, smoother ride, and more flexibility? Heller Airbag? I couldn’t find it online.

I see you think the 5160 rather than the 5100 for the rear? What do y’all think of the other stuff?

Lol, edit here I though you were saying Heller as a brand but helper airbags gotcha!

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I really appreciate y’all’s help seriously thanks a lot by the way!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I’d rather spend money and do it right the first time to be honest so what I’ve kind of gathered looking through the threads is maybe the Bilstiens 6112 for the front, Bilstiens 5100 for the rear, Readylift 2” UCA’s, Hellwig Sway Bar Kit, and Core 4x4 End Links. Seems like a good set up to protect parts, smoother ride, and more flexibility? Heller Airbag? I couldn’t find it online.

I see you think the 5160 rather than the 5100 for the rear? What do y’all think of the other stuff?

Lol, edit here I though you were saying Heller as a brand but helper airbags gotcha!
Are you set in the readylift UCAs? If I was buying new ones again and wasn't worried about money, I like the JBA UCAs. They have bolt on ball joints vs pressed on. And have greasable pivots where they attach to frame. I'm currently running Zone Off-road UCAs because I found them NIB on local marketplace for less than half the price of new.

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are you set in the readylift UCAs? If I was buying new ones again and wasn't worried about money, I like the JBA UCAs. They have bolt on ball joints vs pressed on. And have greasable pivots where they attach to frame. I'm currently running Zone Off-road UCAs because I found them NIB on local marketplace for less than half the price of new.

No I am not sold on the readylift UCA’s the reviews are really good on the JBA and not much more than the Readylifts. On the JBA it says in the maintenance every 3-5K miles to grease the ball joints is that normal with most UCA’s? I really like them but when I was reading the others I was looking at I didn’t see anything about greasing the ball joints.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No I am not sold on the readylift UCA’s the reviews are really good on the JBA and not much more than the Readylifts. On the JBA it says in the maintenance every 3-5K miles to grease the ball joints is that normal with most UCA’s? I really like them but when I was reading the others I was looking at I didn’t see anything about greasing the ball joints.
General rule of thumb is to service them every oil change. Won't take much grease if you keep up on it

Reaction score
Im running 6112 in the front of clip 8 with Mopar lifted uppers and 5100s in the back with a 1 inch moto fab spacer under the coil spring. Rear is about 5/8" higher then the front

Av1

Reaction score

Those look like quality pieces, no doubt.

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
General rule of thumb is to service them every oil change. Won't take much grease if you keep up on it
Okay that’s great to know. I put everything together I think I got everything I need besides the Airbags. I don’t mind a little rake I don’t want it to be perfectly level but maybe a 1/2” or so

Bilstein 6112 - Front 2” Lift
Bilstein 5100 - Rear Adjustable Stuts (Should I do a coil over in these?)
Hellwig - Rear Sway Bar Kit 2”-4” (Is there any reason the get a front sway bar?)
Core 4x4 - End Links 2” Black
JBA OffRoad - Front UCA’s

Not trying to be a pest I just want to cover my basis and makes sure I got everything I need up front!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Okay that’s great to know. I put everything together I think I got everything I need besides the Airbags. I don’t mind a little rake I don’t want it to be perfectly level but maybe a 1/2” or so

Bilstein 6112 - Front 2” Lift
Bilstein 5100 - Rear Adjustable Stuts (Should I do a coil over in these?)
Hellwig - Rear Sway Bar Kit 2”-4” (Is there any reason the get a front sway bar?)
Core 4x4 - End Links 2” Black
JBA OffRoad - Front UCA’s

Not trying to be a pest I just want to cover my basis and makes sure I got everything I need up front!
The rear Bilstein shocks aren't adjustable. You will still want the Icon 1.5" springs for the rear

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The rear Bilstein shocks aren't adjustable. You will still want the Icon 1.5" springs for the rear
So, they say adjustable you just can’t adjust them in the back? Okay I’ll add the Icon 1.5” Springs as well thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online