5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to Ram, but not new to Mopar

captpancakes

Reaction score
Man, I tell you guys what - I should write a book with how adventurous this has all been...
So I got a notification from my insurance that my claim has been closed. I try to contact my claims rep and (surprise surprise) I can't get a hold of her, I have managed to get her bosses number from the main 800 number and called him. Come to find out, that my claims rep has taken unexpected leave of absence and that my claim is going to a local representative to start the work on collecting my deductible back. (I still don't have my truck btw...).

I talk to the local rep, and he tells me "I'm sorry, but this claim is a disaster, I'm going to have to basically start this process from scratch because all of the details in this claim are messed up". And I ask him what he means and this is the short list of what my claim looked like and probably a contributing factor as to why it's taken this long to get my own insurance to pay for the damages.

1. They had me as the at-fault party for hitting my own parked vehicle
2. They had the two other vehicles VIN's listed, but not my own truck (so the report listed details for 2 other vehicles, but in the description mentioned 3 vehicles)
3. They had issued a check last week to the repair shop, but for the wrong amount
4. The claim was closed and was not going forward for deductible collection.
5. No statements had been collected (not from me, or from the other two parties)

Effectively everything that mattered in the claim was wrong!
We spent a little while and got it all straightened out, a new check was sent to the repair shop yesterday, and I'm hoping they'll get it this week and we can finish the repairs on the truck and I can collect the vehicle by the end of this week.

I am officially done with all of this! I have family moving this week... and it sure would be nice if I had a vehicle to help them! I can't do much hauling with my Suzuki Marauder (wife's jeep is full of baby stuff and wife stuff... literally at all times! haha)

Holy crap...that makes mine look like nothing. I had a hit and run in my rear bumper two weeks ago...and then again today in a parking lot...SAME side of my bumper. I'll stop rambling now lol. Sorry man...hope they do the right thing. Non Mopar people seem to be the dumbest :ROFLMAO:
That's insane dude! Hit and runs are the worst - maybe it's time to get a big heavy-duty aftermarket bumper haha.

I made it very clear with my insurance company I would not accept any fault and that if they decided it was “cheaper” to accept as such it’s on them, not me.
Your truck was parked, not even on the street. There is zero fault for you or the shop. The arbitration will take time, but just be clear and stern that you will not accept any fault and are expecting your full deductible back and no insurance premium changes for making a no fault claim. This is why you pay for insurance, make them do the work and make sure they don’t take the easy for them way out by just charging / penalizing you.
Yeah man, all 3 insurances agree that I'm not at fault, and can't be held liable - but none of them want to pony up the dough to get my truck fixed

OMG where do you live?? This place is beautiful!
Here in AZ it's like there's no colors compared to this place haha
Sorry the hear about the accident, I hope everyone is well. The truck can be fixed... Good luck with that :)
I live in western Arkansas - right near the border between Arkansas and Oklahoma - lots of green here, guess that's why they call it the Natural State! haha.

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Man, I tell you guys what - I should write a book with how adventurous this has all been...
So I got a notification from my insurance that my claim has been closed. I try to contact my claims rep and (surprise surprise) I can't get a hold of her, I have managed to get her bosses number from the main 800 number and called him. Come to find out, that my claims rep has taken unexpected leave of absence and that my claim is going to a local representative to start the work on collecting my deductible back. (I still don't have my truck btw...).

I talk to the local rep, and he tells me "I'm sorry, but this claim is a disaster, I'm going to have to basically start this process from scratch because all of the details in this claim are messed up". And I ask him what he means and this is the short list of what my claim looked like and probably a contributing factor as to why it's taken this long to get my own insurance to pay for the damages.

1. They had me as the at-fault party for hitting my own parked vehicle
2. They had the two other vehicles VIN's listed, but not my own truck (so the report listed details for 2 other vehicles, but in the description mentioned 3 vehicles)
3. They had issued a check last week to the repair shop, but for the wrong amount
4. The claim was closed and was not going forward for deductible collection.
5. No statements had been collected (not from me, or from the other two parties)

Effectively everything that mattered in the claim was wrong!
We spent a little while and got it all straightened out, a new check was sent to the repair shop yesterday, and I'm hoping they'll get it this week and we can finish the repairs on the truck and I can collect the vehicle by the end of this week.

I am officially done with all of this! I have family moving this week... and it sure would be nice if I had a vehicle to help them! I can't do much hauling with my Suzuki Marauder (wife's jeep is full of baby stuff and wife stuff... literally at all times! haha)

That's insane dude! Hit and runs are the worst - maybe it's time to get a big heavy-duty aftermarket bumper haha.

Yeah man, all 3 insurances agree that I'm not at fault, and can't be held liable - but none of them want to pony up the dough to get my truck fixed

I live in western Arkansas - right near the border between Arkansas and Oklahoma - lots of green here, guess that's why they call it the Natural State! haha.
Yes I was thinking about one of those black off road bumpers for both front and rear lol

BigBlue308

Reaction score
Hi, sorry to hear about your rear end! I recently traded my 2018 Jeep Renegade for this brand new 2020 Ram1500 Quad cab in Hydro Blue with the 5.7L Hemi. We are now a three hemi family! I am able to park my 2015 classic challenger named smurfette (B5Blue) in the garage now and only use her for joy rides! I named my Ram BigBlue. I really love her. I just got my running boards on today. Husband says they were easy to install. Aries RidgeStep from real truck.com. I am glad I found this forum!

Attachments

• B03F2D11-BB6D-46C6-A7F6-C472E0F48605.jpeg
    B03F2D11-BB6D-46C6-A7F6-C472E0F48605.jpeg
    252.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 57DCB364-AA63-4C86-AF7F-8E32955EC5C9.jpeg
    57DCB364-AA63-4C86-AF7F-8E32955EC5C9.jpeg
    212.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 09C9B415-BDBC-47FB-A421-8A4A8B4966BA.jpeg
    09C9B415-BDBC-47FB-A421-8A4A8B4966BA.jpeg
    139.7 KB · Views: 10
  • B6DCBDD1-D410-4F7D-BF09-30A1FDBA52EC.jpeg
    B6DCBDD1-D410-4F7D-BF09-30A1FDBA52EC.jpeg