5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to Ram, but not new to Mopar

captpancakes

Reaction score
Howdy everyone!

I've been lurking for about a week but thought it'd be fun to go ahead and throw up a new member post!

Last week I traded in my 2014 Camaro SS for a 2020 Ram Bighorn 5'7'' 4x4 Delmonico Red (5.7 Hemi w/ eTorque) and though I've only put on about 300 miles on it, I'm loving every minute of it.
My wife has a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee (4x2 w/ v6) with about 105k miles on it and that vehicle has been really good to us so it only made sense to make our next vehicle FCA as well.

My dealership was pretty awesome to work with and for what it's worth, we didn't have to set one foot into the dealership, did everything remotely and signed paperwork on truck delivery, so all in all it has been a pretty great experience.
Though I don't drive a lot (my '14 camaro had 35k miles on it), the Ram will definitely be our road trip vehicle going forward and I cannot wait to do some traveling!

truck.jpg

I was looking for a 4x2 Crew Cab with the v6 because I don't tow/haul or anything of the sort, and instead only wanted this for traveling but the dealership could not find what I was looking for nearby, but had a half dozen trucks in this configuration (with variations on color and some interior components) - after about $9,500 in rebates it made this truck a pretty solid deal and comparable to ordering the configuration I was looking for, so it all worked out in the end!

captpancakes

Reaction score
Well an update to this... got some running boards installed on my truck and while it was sitting in the parking lot for me to pick it up, it was rear-ended!

Image from iOS (1).jpg

Wish me luck as I begin the fight with the guys insurance company...

RumRam

Reaction score
Well an update to this... got some running boards installed on my truck and while it was sitting in the parking lot for me to pick it up, it was rear-ended!

View attachment 67312

Sorry to hear. I had the same thing happen to my 2018 Ram Night. Didn't have it 24 hrs and someone backed into it while we were at dinner. Luckily a witness saw, grabbed their plate and let me know. Good luck with insurance!

captpancakes

Reaction score
Thanks guys, this has quickly become a complicated mess, so it isn't as simple as someone rear-ending me. Two vehicles hit each other, which caused one of the vehicles to hit my truck. The officer couldn't determine fault, so now my insurance has their work cut out for them as they will investigate and determine fault - the shop had possession of my truck (and imo, they probably shouldn't have parked my truck so close to such a busy street), and then the two other drivers who impacted each other.

Here's the little rendering from the police report.
1599232361377.png

I hadn't even had the truck for a week yet! It's too soon!

But the running boards look sharp though haha:
IMG-0434.jpg

Also - I find it very peculiar that this Ford swiped a Chevy, then rear-ended a Ram... he must have been out for blood!

RumRam

Reaction score
Thanks guys, this has quickly become a complicated mess, so it isn't as simple as someone rear-ending me. Two vehicles hit each other, which caused one of the vehicles to hit my truck. The officer couldn't determine fault, so now my insurance has their work cut out for them as they will investigate and determine fault - the shop had possession of my truck (and imo, they probably shouldn't have parked my truck so close to such a busy street), and then the two other drivers who impacted each other.

View attachment 67539

View attachment 67540

Also - I find it very peculiar that this Ford swiped a Chevy, then rear-ended a Ram... he must have been out for blood!
Question. If it was in the shops possession, wouldn’t their insurance cover?

captpancakes

Reaction score
Question. If it was in the shops possession, wouldn’t their insurance cover?

That's what I'm thinking - I've got a call with my claims adjuster today to see what they have to say about it - in my state, shops are liable for damages up to $25,000 for any vehicle in their possession, so that's where I'm thinking this may end up. I'll update when I find out more.

nburd

Reaction score
So sorry to hear about this and see it. Not even a week! I wish you luck. Great looking truck. I almost ended up with one very similar. It was my first choice until I saw mine next to it. It certainly looks like you will not be out of pocket anything. Hopefully not a "no fault" insurance state.

RumRam

Reaction score
That's what I'm thinking - I've got a call with my claims adjuster today to see what they have to say about it - in my state, shops are liable for damages up to $25,000 for any vehicle in their possession, so that's where I'm thinking this may end up. I'll update when I find out more.
Any update on truck and insurance? Hope all is good.

captpancakes

Reaction score
The guy who's truck was in the back of my truck, his insurance State Farm denied my claim, claiming no liability for their policy holder's truck being in the back of my truck! The shop isn't liable because they hadn't been 'negligent' with my truck - though that may be debatable...
My insurance is getting it fixed, but of course I'm having to pay my own deductible and so forth, but part availability has been limited so I'm told by the shop manager. He's hoping to have it fixed by the end of next week, so we'll see.
The police has subpoenaed the nearby bank for their CCTV footage to see if they can better assert who caused the incident - which may help my case if they can determine fault.
Here's to hoping!

nburd

Reaction score
The guy who's truck was in the back of my truck, his insurance State Farm denied my claim, claiming no liability for their policy holder's truck being in the back of my truck! The shop isn't liable because they hadn't been 'negligent' with my truck - though that may be debatable...
My insurance is getting it fixed, but of course I'm having to pay my own deductible and so forth, but part availability has been limited so I'm told by the shop manager. He's hoping to have it fixed by the end of next week, so we'll see.
The police has subpoenaed the nearby bank for their CCTV footage to see if they can better assert who caused the incident - which may help my case if they can determine fault.
Here's to hoping!
I am sure your insurance company will continue the fight against the other two parties. Hopefully you will not have to pay a deductible. This is clearly not your fault.

Paultg

Reaction score
I am sure your insurance company will continue the fight against the other two parties. Hopefully you will not have to pay a deductible. This is clearly not your fault.
I had a situation like this a long time ago. eventually (about a year) I got my deductible back as my insurance company won the fight and was reimbursed by the other. Your truck was parked. There is no way State Farm is going to not be liable when their customer drove into your truck (doesn’t matter why or how).

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score

View attachment 67312

Holy crap...that makes mine look like nothing. I had a hit and run in my rear bumper two weeks ago...and then again today in a parking lot...SAME side of my bumper. I'll stop rambling now lol. Sorry man...hope they do the right thing. Non Mopar people seem to be the dumbest :ROFLMAO:

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score

View attachment 67539

View attachment 67540

Usually that's when Arbitration starts (I used to work auto claims) a third party company that's neutral in insurance claims will actually determine fault. It will end up being something like 50/50 or close to it at the end of the claim after your repairs and all that.

Paultg

Reaction score
Usually that's when Arbitration starts (I used to work auto claims) a third party company that's neutral in insurance claims will actually determine fault. It will end up being something like 50/50 or close to it at the end of the claim after your repairs and all that.
I made it very clear with my insurance company I would not accept any fault and that if they decided it was “cheaper” to accept as such it’s on them, not me.
Your truck was parked, not even on the street. There is zero fault for you or the shop. The arbitration will take time, but just be clear and stern that you will not accept any fault and are expecting your full deductible back and no insurance premium changes for making a no fault claim. This is why you pay for insurance, make them do the work and make sure they don’t take the easy for them way out by just charging / penalizing you.

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I made it very clear with my insurance company I would not accept any fault and that if they decided it was “cheaper” to accept as such it’s on them, not me.
Your truck was parked, not even on the street. There is zero fault for you or the shop. The arbitration will take time, but just be clear and stern that you will not accept any fault and are expecting your full deductible back and no insurance premium changes for making a no fault claim. This is why you pay for insurance, make them do the work and make sure they don’t take the easy for them way out by just charging / penalizing you.
Exactly! They shouldn't even ask about liability when talking to you. Why would you accept fault. A parked car that got hit would never be at fault lol.

Users who are viewing this thread