5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Tazer DT firmware beta

Carlos.33193

Reaction score
Updated to latest firmware today and the "BRAKE HOLD" feature is really nice! This was one of the things I wish it had from factory, and now taser has made it possible to add.

Ducky5

Reaction score
Good. It's a god awful "feature" and should be illegal. I don't know what idiot thought this was a good idea (not blaming ZAuto, because this has been a thing for awhile). And of course 3rd party companies and dealers are profiting from it, charging hundreds of dollars for the "feature" at purchase, despite a $10 replacement LED on Amazon capable of doing the same thing... Can you imagine being in a traffic jam and every vehicle around you has its 3rd brake light flashing every time they slow down? You'd have flashing lights all over the place for absolutely no reason. Every time I'm behind a vehicle with a flashing 3rd brake light, I cringe.

The ONLY good way this feature is implemented is by the OEM (Volvo is one of a few that does), where ALL brake lights will flash when conducting emergency hard braking. This can actually get someone's attention behind you, and if it were U.S. law and required on all vehicles, it would be universally understood by drivers that the vehicle in front is slowing MUCH quicker than normal, and they need to do the same to avoid rear-ending them. But that would make too much sense, so it'll never happen.
My '07 BMW 335i had something like the feature you're talking about. It had an additional set of brake lights next to the main lights (Left & Right) that would only turn on when you applied the brakes in an emergency situation. It seemed to help grab the attention of drivers behind you and once you came to a stop, they would turn off so you just had the regular lights on.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wish they'd fix the "Kill 3 Honk" feature so it'll permanently delete that STUPID add-on the '22 trucks now have. That drives me insane every time I step out of the truck for a moment.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I wish they'd fix the "Kill 3 Honk" feature so it'll permanently delete that STUPID add-on the '22 trucks now have. That drives me insane every time I step out of the truck for a moment.
The tazer worked on my ‘22 for that.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Works on mine as well, the first time I enable it. Afterward, If I leave the Tazer plugged in that setting never works even though it still shows "ON"

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Works on mine as well, the first time I enable it. Afterward, If I leave the Tazer plugged in that setting never works even though it still shows "ON"
Are you using the latest firmware (18.1.6)?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I thought the Tazer didn't work on '22? Someone please enlighten me - mine has been sitting in a drawer for months.
Some have gotten it to work well enough to enable some features.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Some have gotten it to work well enough to enable some features.
So the 22 model year is almost done and Tazer still hasn’t caught up yet to make it fully compatible?

I was going to order soon. Maybe I don’t want to purchase one now.🤔

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So the 22 model year is almost done and Tazer still hasn’t caught up yet to make it fully compatible?

I was going to order soon. Maybe I don’t want to purchase one now.🤔
It's a Uconnect 5 issue. Took them a while to figure Uconnect 4 when it was first released.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not all of the options work on the 2022's (with Uconnect5). I have a 2022 with the Tazer DT, and can confirm that AT LEAST the following live features work (haven't tried the others, and I don't use the Vehicle Settings that required it to be married):
  • Brake Hold
  • Kill3Honk
  • AmberDRL
  • AutoFold mirrors
It also remembers the drive mode settings (Baja, Snow, Mud/Sand, Sport, etc), but that’s a TRX-only thing.

Dewey

Reaction score
Not all of the options work on the 2022's (with Uconnect5). I have a 2022 with the Tazer DT, and can confirm that AT LEAST the following live features work (haven't tried the others, and I don't use the Vehicle Settings that required it to be married):
  • Brake Hold
  • Kill3Honk
  • AmberDRL
  • AutoFold mirrors
It also remembers the drive mode settings (Baja, Snow, Mud/Sand, Sport, etc), but that’s a TRX-only thing.
What about Auto Start/Stop save setting?

I realize you don’t have on TRX but hoping somebody else can answer.

Also does the change tire size feature work on 22’s? That and Kill3Honks are worth it to me.

HemiDude

Reaction score
What about Auto Start/Stop save setting?

I realize you don’t have on TRX but hoping somebody else can answer.

Also does the change tire size feature work on 22’s? That and Kill3Honks are worth it to me.
The AS/S setting on mine works most of the time (I set mine to off, every now and then I will start the truck and it will be on). I see no reason that the tire size adjust wouldn't work, I will know soon when I put my taller winter tires on.

Dewey

Reaction score
Just contacted ZAutomotive.
Here’s the latest…….

D24CD6CD-8A33-428B-A4EF-DD44504FE872.jpeg
Seems UConnect 5 is a thorn in everyones side.🤨

Last edited:

HemiDude

Reaction score
I had .5, and saw that .6 didn't list any updates that mattered to me (actually I think it only listed SGW bypass). I updated anyway in hopes that it would offer a little more stability/predictability with the system. Could be in my head, but I feel like the AS/S memory works more regularly, and I have not had a single problem with the Honk3 OFF not working since then. YMMV

Dewey

Reaction score
This doesn’t exactly give me a whole lot of confidence to spend over $300 on a TazerDT. Frustrating that it’s pretty much a full year into the 22’s and still not gauranteed to work properly.🤨

345A5A8B-15BE-4907-B859-BE76C24D92FC.jpeg

Dewey

Reaction score
So my question for those with 22’s is do these features work?

1)Tire Size/TPMS
2)DRL
3)Fog lights stay on with brights
4)Nav in motion
5)Kill3Honk
6)Fold mirrors
7)0-30/0-60 timer
8)Auto Stop/Start disable.

If these at least work it’s worth it to me to take a chance buying one even though not fully compatible with 22’s and UConnect 5.

HemiDude

Reaction score
So my question for those with 22’s is do these features work?

1)Tire Size/TPMS
2)DRL
3)Fog lights stay on with brights
4)Nav in motion
5)Kill3Honk
6)Fold mirrors
7)0-30/0-60 timer
8)Auto Stop/Start disable.

If these at least work it’s worth it to me to take a chance buying one even though not fully compatible with 22’s and UConnect 5.
2, 3, 5, 7, and 8 work on mine. 1 I will find out soon, 4 never tried. I feel like as buggy as UC5 has been, there's a small chance that Tazer may not work in yours. I will add that I haven't had a single problem with UC5, so that may be working in my favor.

Users who are viewing this thread