5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Tazer DT firmware beta

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
So my question for those with 22’s is do these features work?

1)Tire Size/TPMS
2)DRL
3)Fog lights stay on with brights
4)Nav in motion
5)Kill3Honk
6)Fold mirrors
7)0-30/0-60 timer
8)Auto Stop/Start disable.

If these at least work it’s worth it to me to take a chance buying one even though not fully compatible with 22’s and UConnect 5.
I bought one months ago for my 22 and it was a damn mess.
Even getting the features that worked took forever.

#2 and 3 can be done in Alfaodb and #8 can be done with a $50 cable.

Nav in motion doesn't work which was the main reason I bought it.

#5 works.

I ended up returning it but they didn't refund me $25, I guess for shipping (no idea how it could cost that much)
I was just glad I got rid of the piece of junk vs having a $300 item still sitting around months later.
It doesn't look like they made ANY progress on the 22s since I returned mine in May.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That has changed. New update coming after SEMA (another week or so). See this post:

Post in thread 'TAZER DT for 2019 RAM 1500'
TAZER DT for 2019 RAM 1500

OLEM

Reaction score
Hope someone can provide some helpful insight.

Purchased the unmarry code on Friday, website states it will be emailed in 2 minutes of purchase. Received a confirmation text but nothing else. Sent emails, texts and even tried calling but nothing.

Should I be worried? What would you do?

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hope someone can provide some helpful insight.

Purchased the unmarry code on Friday, website states it will be emailed in 2 minutes of purchase. Received a confirmation text but nothing else. Sent emails, texts and even tried calling but nothing.

Should I be worried? What would you do?
Purchased an unmarry code?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Oh, so you bought a vehicle that already has a Tazer installed. Did you check your spam folder?
The unmarry code would be to use a Tazerdt that wasn't unmarried from previous vehicle. If you buy a brand new TazerDT to replace a lost or damaged one, it will work just fine, no code needed.

OLEM

Reaction score
Oh, so you bought a vehicle that already has a Tazer installed. Did you check your spam folder?
Nothing in spam unfortunately.

If the site didn't state code sen
The unmarry code would be to use a Tazerdt that wasn't unmarried from previous vehicle. If you buy a brand new TazerDT to replace a lost or damaged one, it will work just fine, no code needed.
Exactly.

Nothing in Spam/Junk folder.

If the site didn't state code would be sent in 2 minutes then I wouldn't have had cause for concern. Disappointed in their customer service or lack thereof.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My experience with them has been fine, albeit a little slow, though I don't see much exemplary cust service these days. Hopefully you hear back from them soon. btw, are you experiencing some sort of issue with the Tazer?

OLEM

Reaction score
My experience with them has been fine, albeit a little slow, though I don't see much exemplary cust service these days. Hopefully you hear back from them soon. btw, are you experiencing some sort of issue with the Tazer?
I purchased the Tazer DT from someone who's Ram was stolen. His lease was up in a few weeks and was returning it back to factory.

The Tazer connects to my truck but limited in menu options. I've updated the software and tried several reboots. It seems to still be married to previous ram and hopefully this unmarry key will allow me to gain access to all of its capabilities.

Hopefully I hear from them tomorrow. 🙏

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Nothing in spam unfortunately.

If the site didn't state code sen

Exactly.

Nothing in Spam/Junk folder.

If the site didn't state code would be sent in 2 minutes then I wouldn't have had cause for concern. Disappointed in their customer service or lack thereof.
It's not regular business hours. I wouldn't get too concerned until Monday and you haven't heard anything by COB.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
And keep in mind that they’re at SEMA this coming week. Might be delayed responses because of that

OLEM

Reaction score
It's not regular business hours. I wouldn't get too concerned until Monday and you haven't heard anything by COB.
Yea I get it but it is misleading when your site says within 2 mins. Sets a false expectation to collect payment. Kinda shady imo.

Keep y'all posted. Thanks for the feedback.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yea I get it but it is misleading when your site says within 2 mins. Sets a false expectation to collect payment. Kinda shady imo.

Keep y'all posted. Thanks for the feedback.
Yeah it does clearly say a code will be sent within 2 minutes, which means its suppose to be an automated system.

Guess not much you can do expect wait at this point, that does suck.

OLEM

Reaction score
Happy to report I did receive the email along with unmarry key earlier today.

I know everyone is busy but again maybe revising the timeline/wording would set a better expectation.

Happy Halloween 🎃

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Supposed to be released soon after SEMA (which, I believe, ends today). Rumor is next week sometime.

Users who are viewing this thread