5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Tazer DT firmware beta

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Shows up on the programming utility now, but not working yet.

1668444518326.png

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’ll let you guys test when available. I just installed my Tazer with the last update and working fine so far. Don’t wanna tempt fate.😆

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I posted this in the other Tazer thread as well but thought it my apply here more due to it concerning this latest firmware.

I unmarried and removed my Tazer for now. All kinds of weird stuff going on. Doesn’t renember Stop/Start off setting, fog light setting, Kill3Honk setting and when I use either my left or right turn signal the puddle light on my drivers side mirror only turns on for about 5 seconds AFTER the signal is off. Also my Blind Spot Detection quit working.

Everything seems normal now after unmarry and removing the Tazer.

Didn’t have any issues with the previous firmware. This new one released on Monday seems to be an issue. I knew I should have waited.

Is it possible to go back to the previous firmware before the Monday release? I’m sure it’s possible but figured I better ask first before trying.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Version 18.1.8 is out, I upgraded my Tazer yesterday (y)
There are so many Tazer threads, I’ve lost track.
18.1.8 came out on 11/21. It fixes the Amber DRL dropout issue, but I believe all the other bug fixes are still being addressed. I’ve heard “early December” for the next update.

ballaz

Reaction score
2021 Ram limited. Had to downgrade software on my Tazer from 1.8 to 1.6 to get auto start stop to work correctly.

Carlos.33193

Reaction score
2021 Ram limited. Had to downgrade software on my Tazer from 1.8 to 1.6 to get auto start stop to work correctly.
Seems mine doesn't work either. 2020 1500 limited. I might have to downgrade.

ballaz

Reaction score
Also, it did not work with 1.7 either. Only 1.6. hope that's saves you a step

Carlos.33193

Reaction score
Also, it did not work with 1.7 either. Only 1.6. hope that's saves you a step
Contacted their support and they told me it was a bug that is being worked on.. in the mean time I downgraded to 18.1.6 as auto start/stop is one of the main reasons I got the tazer.

Carlos.33193

Reaction score
Contacted their support and they told me it was a bug that is being worked on.. in the mean time I downgraded to 18.1.6 as auto start/stop is one of the main reasons I got the tazer.
Version 18.2.4 is released, anyone try it yet? It has a lot of new features. Any feedback?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Version 18.2.4 is released, anyone try it yet? It has a lot of new features. Any feedback?
I posted about it yesterday in a different thread cause I couldn't find this one. The search function leaves a lot to be desired.

I enabled the killbyfob feature. Hopefully won't have to ever see if it works.

Carlos.33193

Reaction score
I posted about it yesterday in a different thread cause I couldn't find this one. The search function leaves a lot to be desired.

I enabled the killbyfob feature. Hopefully won't have to ever see if it works.
I just enabled that one too.. if I understood correctly you don't need to have a pin enabled for it to work. Does that mean I don't need the pin set? Or I should I set a pin, but then leave it disabled? What are your thoughts on that one.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just enabled that one too.. if I understood correctly you don't need to have a pin enabled for it to work. Does that mean I don't need the pin set? Or I should I set a pin, but then leave it disabled? What are your thoughts on that one.
I did not want a pin set because my wife would hate it and I would get calls everytime she drove the truck. So I am just using the killfob only with pedalkill. I have noticed when I lock the truck now with the fob, the doors will all lock, then a couple seconds later it honks the horn. I imagine that just is an indication the security function is enabled.

Main reason I updated was more because it said it fixed an issue with the brake lights when using the brake hold function, which I enjoy using.

Users who are viewing this thread