5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Tazer DT firmware beta

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any chance this device would have the ability to override the outside air damper opening periodically?

Porky69

Reaction score
I have had a Tazer DT on my 2022 Limited Longhorn Ecodiesel with 12inch UC5 for just about a year already. I haven't updated the firmware since the first install.

The screen interface is my biggest complaint, the menu titles usually disappear as quick as you can read them, you can still select it and change but very frustrating...rakes 4x as long to set.

I use the auto fold mirrors, DRL location, fog light dropout(fog lights with high beams), TurnCam, tire size adjust, TPMS adjust and the light shows work.

Nav in motion kinda worked....I can enter locations while in motion but can't when stopped...

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Nav in motion kinda worked....I can enter locations while in motion but can't when stopped...
LOL!
When I had mine it just didn't work in motion but was fine when stopped.
The menu is so bad, sometimes it cancels out when it still should be in the menu.

I kinda wonder how good it might work on 2019-2020 because people seem to like it but my experience on a 22 was terrible for a $300 item.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
LOL!
When I had mine it just didn't work in motion but was fine when stopped.
The menu is so bad, sometimes it cancels out when it still should be in the menu.

I kinda wonder how good it might work on 2019-2020 because people seem to like it but my experience on a 22 was terrible for a $300 item.
No offense, but even Z-Automotive said it didn't work on the 22's when you bought it. So complaining that it doesn't work on a truck the manufacturer says it doesn't work on isnt really worth it. It's a known issue they are working on

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
No offense, but even Z-Automotive said it didn't work on the 22's when you bought it. So complaining that it doesn't work on a truck the manufacturer says it doesn't work on isnt really worth it. It's a known issue they are working on
Normally I would agree with you and admit I was an idiot, but I read the users manual and it did make references to some things not working on 2022s. It was not clear cut that it would not work on their site and the user's manual, it went as far to say what features would not work on a 2022, but it was wrong in the sense as it only randomly choose items that didn't work and didn't explain that lots more didn't work. So i'm not taking blame for buying it and knowing it would not work.

Nav in motion does NOT work, but on the manual it would appear it does, as the option below it marked as not working on 2022
Auto start-stop is NOT remember once truck is turned off even if started back up again.
Camera in motion does not work for surround cameras don’t come up at all and rear camera and mirrors only stay on for a couple of seconds before turning off.

1667669852545.png
Based upon this picture I would say it is fair to assume that "enable navigation entry in-motion" would work on a 2022, would you not?
This is the life user manually currently listed on their website, not an older version also.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have a Tazer on the way. If I can eliminate the 3 honks when leaving the vehicle with the fob in my pockets it’s worth every penny. I cringe in anger every single time that happens. Anything extra working beyond that is a bonus.

Hopefully the coming update takes care of the rest.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have a Tazer on the way. If I can eliminate the 3 honks when leaving the vehicle with the fob in my pockets it’s worth every penny. I cringe in anger every single time that happens. Anything extra working beyond that is a bonus.

That works on the 2022s.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Normally I would agree with you and admit I was an idiot, but I read the users manual and it did make references to some things not working on 2022s. It was not clear cut that it would not work on their site and the user's manual, it went as far to say what features would not work on a 2022, but it was wrong in the sense as it only randomly choose items that didn't work and didn't explain that lots more didn't work. So i'm not taking blame for buying it and knowing it would not work.

Nav in motion does NOT work, but on the manual it would appear it does, as the option below it marked as not working on 2022
Auto start-stop is NOT remember once truck is turned off even if started back up again.
Camera in motion does not work for surround cameras don’t come up at all and rear camera and mirrors only stay on for a couple of seconds before turning off.

View attachment 143088
Based upon this picture I would say it is fair to assume that "enable navigation entry in-motion" would work on a 2022, would you not?
This is the life user manually currently listed on their website, not an older version also.
I would tend to agree, but the website specifically says it only works with 19-21

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221105-130812.png
    Screenshot_20221105-130812.png
    184.6 KB · Views: 7

Dewey

Reaction score
I would tend to agree, but the website specifically says it only works with 19-21
Correct. I got this message awhile back when texting them questions about the Tazer…… C5C9C4B6-B605-47E3-8DC3-F4641447D04B.jpeg

Dewey

Reaction score

Well I connected my Tazer I bought used but a number of the features including Kill3Honks are not included. Checking the firmware it’s pretty old so I’m sure updating will include everything I’m missing.

Unfortunately both of my Mac’s have too old of operating systems so they’re not compatible with the Tazer firmware downloader. Frustrating when my Mac’s are not even that old and cannot even upgrade to the higher operating system. Guess I’ll have to find somebody with a newer computer to download the firmware.🤔

HemiDude

Reaction score
Well I connected my Tazer I bought used but a number of the features including Kill3Honks are not included. Checking the firmware it’s pretty old so I’m sure updating will include everything I’m missing.

Unfortunately both of my Mac’s have too old of operating systems so they’re not compatible with the Tazer firmware downloader. Frustrating when my Mac’s are not even that old and cannot even upgrade to the higher operating system. Guess I’ll have to find somebody with a newer computer to download the firmware.🤔
I wonder if whoever you bought it from could run the update for you. Was it someone local? Or, if you still have to buy an update cable, it might be cheaper to reach out and see if Z could update it for you if you ship it to them.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder if whoever you bought it from could run the update for you. Was it someone local? Or, if you still have to buy an update cable, it might be cheaper to reach out and see if Z could update it for you if you ship it to them.
The cable is just a USB cable. Nothing fancy.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

7 yo computers are pretty old when it comes to computers.

Dewey

Reaction score
7 yo computers are pretty old when it comes to computers.
After clearing a whole bunch of memory I was able to upgrade the operating system on my Mac laptop and finally loaded the latest firmware update to my Tazer. Kill3Honks is working perfectly and all is right in the world again.😆

Now we can patiently wait for the recently mentioned update. Nothing new listed as of tonight.

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
After clearing a whole bunch of memory I was able to upgrade the operating system on my Mac laptop and finally loaded the latest firmware update to my Tazer. Kill3Honks is working perfectly and all is right in the world again.😆

Now we can patiently wait for the recently mentioned update. Nothing new listed as of tonight.
thanks for the update

ill be buying that soon, those 3 honk nonsens make me crazy,

specially when i leave early in the morning and get out of the truck to get someting... and the 3 honks goes ....

Dewey

Reaction score
Supposed to be a new update coming today to fix the Uconnect 5 issues. Anybody download it?

Is there a way to see it without actually connecting your Tazer to the updater?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Supposed to be a new update coming today to fix the Uconnect 5 issues. Anybody download it?

Yesz you should be able to see it on the website if it's live. And it's not showing on website.

Dewey

Reaction score

I’ll answer my own question…..just found the link.😆

Doesn’t appear to be listed yet.

Users who are viewing this thread