5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Tazer DT firmware beta

kevinvw

Reaction score
Has anyone downloaded 18.0.6 Beta yet? If so, what are your thoughts? Looks like they made a decent number of improvements, especially with the auto on/off capability now available for ‘21 models.
8eb622cf2d31af2c298121c1e655c043.jpg

JayBuchanan

Reaction score
I have had it installed for about a week. It has improvements for:

- Auto Stop Start to remember the last setting (if you turn it off when you get back in it recalls you had it off). This is working the majority of the time…maybe 80% of the time.
- 3rd brake light flash while braking then go solid
- Auto power fold mirrors are working great

These are the 3 main items I purchased the Tazer DT for so I’m fairly happy.

Jay Buchanan
21 RAM 1500 Limited
Harmon Kardon Stereo
JL Audio VX600/1i
JL Audio StealthBox

kevinvw

Reaction score

- Auto Stop Start to remember the last setting (if you turn it off when you get back in it recalls you had it off). This is working the majority of the time…maybe 80% of the time.

Jay Buchanan
21 RAM 1500 Limited
Harmon Kardon Stereo
JL Audio VX600/1i
JL Audio StealthBox

That’s awesome. Thanks for this. My ‘21 is in the shop for a taillight issue so when I get it back, I will be reinstalling this with the update.

I’m really excited to have the auto start/stop override in this release. I was bummed when I first installed the Tazer only to find out that they hadn’t been able to get that feature to work on the ‘21s.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had 18.5 on mine and the seatbelt nor the start/stop would work. I just did the 18.6 Beta on my '21 and the start/stop now works. Haven't tested the seatbelt but that is 2 major victories. I'll have to do the Brake light blinking...

JayBuchanan

Reaction score
My seat belt ding isn’t working, but then again this is Beta 1. Fingers crossed it will work in the final version.

Jay Buchanan
21 RAM 1500 Limited
Harmon Kardon Stereo
JL Audio VX600/1i
JL Audio StealthBox - 12TW3

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My seat belt ding isn’t working, but then again this is Beta 1. Fingers crossed it will work in the final version.

Jay Buchanan
21 RAM 1500 Limited
Harmon Kardon Stereo
JL Audio VX600/1i

But should be able to still the old seatbelt trick. Ignition on (not started) with seatbelt buckled in, click in/out 3 times leaving clicked in, and then turn turn off. Should hear a single "ding"

SRTnationjc

Reaction score
I too updated to the 18.6 beta. Haven't really played around too much yet. Every thing seems to still work/function as it has for me. However, I also installed the new pulsar and it seems I can no longer button map.

Magna

Reaction score
Where did you guys order this taser and how much$

JayBuchanan

Reaction score
Folding mirrors work just as they did in the past. Main thing is Tazer DT wasn’t working for most features on the ‘21 RAM 1500, so this Beta enables many of the features for model year ‘21 owners.

Jay Buchanan
21 RAM 1500 Limited
Harmon Kardon Stereo
JL Audio VX600/1i

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The only change I wanted with the folding mirror is when they open back up.

If you’re sitting in the truck and turn it off, they tuck in
If you’re sitting in the truck, and turn it on, they go back ready to drive

All good so far.....

If you remotely start the truck, they go back out ready to drive. If you’re parked in a tight spot, and folding them in helps you get out of the truck, now you want to get back in they’re in the way.

Wish there was an option for only when you press the start button, not remote start

pinzg35

Reaction score

Jay Buchanan
21 RAM 1500 Limited
Harmon Kardon Stereo
JL Audio VX600/1i
JL Audio StealthBox
Where did you find the option for the 3rd brake light flash? I can’t seem to find that as a setting.

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Where did you find the option for the 3rd brake light flash? I can’t seem to find that as a setting.
Good. It's a god awful "feature" and should be illegal. I don't know what idiot thought this was a good idea (not blaming ZAuto, because this has been a thing for awhile). And of course 3rd party companies and dealers are profiting from it, charging hundreds of dollars for the "feature" at purchase, despite a $10 replacement LED on Amazon capable of doing the same thing... Can you imagine being in a traffic jam and every vehicle around you has its 3rd brake light flashing every time they slow down? You'd have flashing lights all over the place for absolutely no reason. Every time I'm behind a vehicle with a flashing 3rd brake light, I cringe.

The ONLY good way this feature is implemented is by the OEM (Volvo is one of a few that does), where ALL brake lights will flash when conducting emergency hard braking. This can actually get someone's attention behind you, and if it were U.S. law and required on all vehicles, it would be universally understood by drivers that the vehicle in front is slowing MUCH quicker than normal, and they need to do the same to avoid rear-ending them. But that would make too much sense, so it'll never happen.

pinzg35

Reaction score
Good. It's a god awful "feature" and should be illegal. I don't know what idiot thought this was a good idea (not blaming ZAuto, because this has been a thing for awhile). And of course 3rd party companies and dealers are profiting from it, charging hundreds of dollars for the "feature" at purchase, despite a $10 replacement LED on Amazon capable of doing the same thing... Can you imagine being in a traffic jam and every vehicle around you has its 3rd brake light flashing every time they slow down? You'd have flashing lights all over the place for absolutely no reason. Every time I'm behind a vehicle with a flashing 3rd brake light, I cringe.

The ONLY good way this feature is implemented is by the OEM (Volvo is one of a few that does), where ALL brake lights will flash when conducting emergency hard braking. This can actually get someone's attention behind you, and if it were U.S. law and required on all vehicles, it would be universally understood by drivers that the vehicle in front is slowing MUCH quicker than normal, and they need to do the same to avoid rear-ending them. But that would make too much sense, so it'll never happen.
Thanks for your thoughts, I guess I never thought of it in that way. I found the feature but won't be using it.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for your thoughts, I guess I never thought of it in that way. I found the feature but won't be using it.
FWIW, I have the feature enabled on mine. Use slow flash and set number of flashes to 8. On a recent trip with another Ram friend who was following me, he commented on how nice it was for the feature on my truck at is was a better visual indication to watch for me slowing down than just regular brake lights. It caught his attention better and he was able to react sooner. Especially in hard braking situations in traffic.

Users who are viewing this thread